• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The World Cup Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That was almost a perfect half. Still worried the game could flip on a Bale counter, but we are dominating Wales so far.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Wales looks awful, truly shocking for a “country” with more sheep than people

Definitely going to give up some cheesy Bale goal, though

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That was almost a perfect half. Still worried the game could flip on a Bale counter, but we are dominating Wales so far.

Bale and Ramsay are in accelerating decline. Probably decent enough players only a year ago and now toilet.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not Bale, this big mong forward they subbed in is gonna get it

we look immediately gassed. JFC

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations

I would have put $5,000 on this mid game +370 for a draw if I could have

That being said with 9 minutes and counting of stoppage there may be another goal

Wolfman21

lmao...this same dude has gone down 3 times in the last 5 minutes cramping up and they just give him a juice pack and throw him back in there. what in the fuck

Brick

did the US manager lose his luggage he looks like a complete bum. nice shirt assface.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Same old USA, maybe we'll make it out of the group because Iran is trash, but at best we are getting rolled in the Rd of 16 again.

At least the 1st half was nice.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Iran isn't trash, and there's a non-zero chance we play them and both of us are chasing a win and/or piling up goals to get into the last spot on GD or something

ZackMills

Have mercy
Why can't we just force a well populated state to outlaw all sports but soccer so we can send better athletes to these competitions?

ZackMills

Have mercy
It is really interesting to observe at the youth level as a parent of a 10 year old. I'm sure it varies by region, but at Lenny's school all the best athletes play football in the fall, then mostly lacrosse (with some baseball) in the spring. Most play basketball in the winter. Soccer is for the kids with parents that just want their kid to play an organized sport, value their child's brain health (Lenny), or are a first or second generation immigrant (also Lenny). If you want to get out of the terrible youth athletes playing rec, you need to spend $2k a year (not including uniforms, gas to drive an hour away to play, hotel stays, etc.) to play against good competition. So broken.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
It is really interesting to observe at the youth level as a parent of a 10 year old. I'm sure it varies by region, but at Lenny's school all the best athletes play football in the fall, then mostly lacrosse (with some baseball) in the spring. Most play basketball in the winter. Soccer is for the kids with parents that just want their kid to play an organized sport, value their child's brain health (Lenny), or are a first or second generation immigrant (also Lenny). If you want to get out of the terrible youth athletes playing rec, you need to spend $2k a year (not including uniforms, gas to drive an hour away to play, hotel stays, etc.) to play against good competition. So broken.

Anecdotally as the parent of two kids who play soccer - yes, I have seen very, very few elite level atholetes playing in ANY soccer game I've witnessed in person (and my older son played premier and ECNL level, so not exactly BUMS) and the ones I did see were almost invariably immigrant kids from Europe or the West Indies. Native-born Murrican kids who possess elite athleticism nearly always gravitate to footbaw, basketball, and baseball. (Haven't met any hockey kids here in CA, but I'm sure in the cold regions, they'll play that) Soccer is a distant 5th or 6th when it comes to getting players.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Same old USA, maybe we'll make it out of the group because Iran is trash, but at best we are getting rolled in the Rd of 16 again.

At least the 1st half was nice.

Likely play the Dutch in the Round of 16. Their knockout round abilities are shaky at best.

That said, Virgil will curb stomp Sergent or whatever twink we have playing center forward that day.