• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The World Cup Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Not sure if that was impressive from LIkakovic or terrible PKs from Japan

RIP all my meme quarterfinal dreams, bracket going chalk

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

I haven't watched any pre- or post-game stuff, so I don't know how accurate it is. The commenters have generally been fine, but I really hate the Cobi Jones - JP Dellacamera paring. I've actually liked Landon Donovan's commentary when I've heard it. I do wish we could get an American announcer that was any good. I love Ian Darke, Derek Rae, etc., but it would be nice to have an American announcer that was decent.

Ian Darke doing any game with African teams is so cringey. He called Senegal streetwise. Then he said Sadio Mane was a great player "and a very charming man". Then he said some random nearly unremarkable play was "done with intelligence" or something to that effect.

Snorky's Shame

I haven't watched any pre- or post-game stuff, so I don't know how accurate it is. The commenters have generally been fine, but I really hate the Cobi Jones - JP Dellacamera paring. I've actually liked Landon Donovan's commentary when I've heard it. I do wish we could get an American announcer that was any good. I love Ian Darke, Derek Rae, etc., but it would be nice to have an American announcer that was decent.

Not a fan of FOX’s coverage but the article read like a hit piece. Same vein but I’m about delete the Guardian’s Football Weekly podcast from my feed. 90% of the time, they’re complaining about something. It’s entertaining when Glendenning does it, it’s just grating when anyone else on that show does it. Hasn’t been the same since Richardson left.

Hopefully Apple can get some good American announcers on their MLS package.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ian Darke doing any game with African teams is so cringey. He called Senegal streetwise. Then he said Sadio Mane was a great player "and a very charming man". Then he said some random nearly unremarkable play was "done with intelligence" or something to that effect.

Darke definitely has his moments like this. He's still way better than fucking JP Dellacamera.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Same vein but I’m about delete the Guardian’s Football Weekly podcast from my feed. 90% of the time, they’re complaining about something. It’s entertaining when Glendenning does it, it’s just grating when anyone else on that show does it. Hasn’t been the same since Richardson left.

Interesting. I still enjoy it, although I think I like it better when they do serious analysis instead of treating everything as a joke. I haven't really noticed them only complaining, but now I'm sure I will. I don't really care for the Totally Football Show, either, though. I haven't listened to it in a while. I try to catch the Euro shows from time to time, but it's been a while. The rest of it is pretty meh for me.

Snorky's Shame

Interesting. I still enjoy it, although I think I like it better when they do serious analysis instead of treating everything as a joke. I haven't really noticed them only complaining, but now I'm sure I will. I don't really care for the Totally Football Show, either, though. I haven't listened to it in a while. I try to catch the Euro shows from time to time, but it's been a while. The rest of it is pretty meh for me.

It’s the trivial stuff that they complain about that just derails the show.

It seems like we got two meh podcasts from one good podcast. Also three pods a week is overkill on both ends.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It’s the trivial stuff that they complain about that just derails the show.

It seems like we got two meh podcasts from one good podcast. Also three pods a week is overkill on both ends.

I think I see what you mean, but I'm sure I'll notice it more now.

Three pods can be overkill. I wish football weekly would stick with a European roundup more often for their 3rd show.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
nobody's marking the back post anymore huh

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
game is over 11 minutes in lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
i'll be dead 20 times over before a US team is capable of something like that in a game that matters

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
ESP corch with just a polo? Did he at least have a jacket that he’s now thrown off due to the heat?

muraco corch with sport jacket. No wonder his team is over performing

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Morocco will win this on penalties because we're in the bad sim and everything unjust and shit happens if it can.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In 2 hours there will be so many vidyas of moroccans dancing in the streets

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
God that was awesome.

No one has looked less likely to make a penalty than Busquets did when they zoomed in on his face. Zero confidence.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
God that was awesome.

No one has looked less likely to make a penalty than Busquets did when they zoomed in on his face. Zero confidence.

FFS Karl. As an Ingerland fan I probably stand to benefit if we go through, and I can't stand Spain but this is just fucking awful for the tournament. 1 if not 2 shit games to follow now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Can't believe Nico was subbed off for Sarabia and then he hits the post. The even worse part is Sarabia probably had the best of the 3 penalties. WOOF