• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Post transfer rumors and anything else here.

Bartra - Barcelona to Dortmund (8m Euro)
Dani Alves - Barcelona to Juventus (Free)

Snorky's Shame

So...Brexit is happening.

Just a hypothetical, but what if the EU collapses? Bosnan ruling is gone correct? The superclub era would surely be dead but we'd go back to clubs and leagues that reflect the countries they're in.

It's late and I'm babbling but it is interesting to think about.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It'll be interesting to see what the BPL does. They could keep the same roster rules with EU/non-EU players and I would assume they will or they're going to be screwed.

But if they limit non-UK players on teams, this completely screws any Americans going to that league.

DanishDonut0

Christian Erikson's agent has already made threats about leaving depending on how the BPL reacts to this (and work permits).

Another point brought up is that players like Bale who are abroad can eventually get fucked. La Liga has a limit on non-EU players (3).

Of course the whole process of the Brexit will take time and so will these reactions.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'd imagine it'd default to the rules for non EU players - they'd need a work permit. For that, you need a certain number of caps for an international team ranked above something like 50th in the world? There are some other exceptions, too. But it means that West Ham couldn't have bought Payet as one example.

The bigger deal is probably the economic impact to the clubs - if the UK enters a recession, they won't be making as much money. And where does sponsorship money come from when deals are in limbo?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'd imagine it'd default to the rules for non EU players - they'd need a work permit. For that, you need a certain number of caps for an international team ranked above something like 50th in the world? There are some other exceptions, too. But it means that West Ham couldn't have bought Payet as one example.

The bigger deal is probably the economic impact to the clubs - if the UK enters a recession, they won't be making as much money. And where does sponsorship money come from when deals are in limbo?

I'd think the PL teams are pretty insulated from a UK recession. Most of that money is from global tv rights & marketing. Sure, some teams with, say, Wonga or Sports Direct might lose out on sponsorship money, but screw those teams.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yes but if the pound plummets then that would really screw with salaries.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Lol Celtic.

Lincoln Red Imps? Great start to Brendan Rodgers' Celtic stint.

Tyrion1.gif

Snorky's Shame

Also should mention Independiente Del Valle are the first team to knock out Boca Juniors and River Plate in the same Libertadores. Also the first final in 25 years without a Argentine or Brazillian team in it.

Boca Juniors blew it early in the second half.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hey guys Julian green is starting for Munich!

During the summer tour

NML

Hey guys Julian green is starting for Munich!

During the summer tour

He's actually been getting really positive reviews. They already said he's not going back to the reserves so he's either making the first team or moving on.

I have a hard time envisioning Bayern going into the season with Julian Green third on the depth chart at center forward, but that's where we are now.

DanishDonut0

Got my first Europa League action. Friend's team, HJK, was playing IFK in Gothenburg so we bought tickets the day before and went there on a whim. Was an awesome experience and they got a highly unexpected 2-1 win, with only about 50 of us in the away stands. Didn't get to see some of the hooliganism I was hoping for but apparently they only keep that in the Swedish league. Had no clue that Ibra was playing in the same stadium 2 days later or I probably would've stayed. Great city too.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Watching the ICC game between AC and Chelsea in MPLS and Chelsea got knockoff jerseys or something....two guys jerseys are almost literally ripped in half less than 10 mins in :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Saw this posted on Twitter by someone who said "only meant to watch a few seconds and got engrossed." The same thing happened to me. It's the 1990-91 Serie A title decider between Inter and Sampdoria. I think people forget how good the soccer was in Italy during the 1990s- these teams were stacked. Inter has Klinsmann, Matthäus, Brehme, & Zenga; Samp had Vialli, Mancini, Mykhailychenko & Pagliuca.

This era was some of the first soccer I saw on TV- thanks to all the guidos in New Jersey, there would be two Serie A games shown (delayed, I'm sure) during the week. Those games and ESPN showing "Dutch Football" on Sunday mornings while I was in middle school exposed me to so much, like diving and entire Italian coaching staffs smoking on the bench. :laughing: I believe this is where @DeadMan comes in to laugh at me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Watching, good classic soccer isn't really a hipster thing. Wearing the shorts of an obscure (for Americans), mediocre team while reading Blizzard magazine is definitely hipster.

I watched about five minutes of that without really meaning to, too. I can't really make fun of you for that.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Qualifying Draw:

Champions route:

Ludogorets v Plzen
Celtic v Hapoel Beer Sheva
Copenhagen v APOEL
Dundalk v Legia
Dinamo Zagreb v Salzburg

League route:

Steaua v Manchester City
Porto v Roma
Ajax v Rostov
Young Boys v Moenchengladbach
Villarreal v Monaco

Shakhtar, BATE, Fenerbahce, Anderlecht and Olympiakos some of the more high profile eliminations from the last round.

bruin

to be fair, he's had a great preseason and was motm against Sunderland. Small sample size, I know.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
How about a sample size that doesn't include friendlies, Sunderland and Steaua. Can we include a team with a pulse please?

Snorky's Shame

Better late than never predictions.

England
1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

France
1. Paris
2. Monaco
3. Lyon
4. Bordeaux

Germany
1. Bayern
2. Dortmund
3. Leverkusen
4. Moenchengladbach

Italy
1. Juventus
2. Roma
3. Internazionale
4. Napoli

Spain
1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico
4. Sevilla

Champions' League: Bayern

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Damn- Torino were given a weak penalty in the 94th, down 3-2 against Milan. Gigi Donnarumma saved it. What were you doing at 17 years old?