• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020: Week 15 Thread - Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

bruin

You know you're semi-good lookin',
And on the streets again
And you think you're really cookin' mama,
You better find yourself a friend, a friend,
'Cause I ain't talkin' 'bout love

We've made it. The final week before Conference Championship games and all. Tamales have been plentiful, as well as bringing you the weekly game threads. GAMEDAY is heading to West Point for Army-Navy for the best RIVALRY IN SPORTS. Also, the first time it'll be at one of the schools home field since....not sure but a LONG time. I lift my cup to another week, my bros.

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Notable matchups:
Arizona State at Arizona, 4:00 PT, ESPN (Friday)
Michigan at #3 Ohio State, 9:00 AM PT, FOX
#13 Oklahoma at West Virginia, 9:00 AM PT, ABC
#20 North Carolina at #9 Miami, 12:30 PT, ABC
#1 Alabama at Arkansas - TBD
Ole Miss at #5 Texas A&M - TBD
#7 Cincinnati at #18 Tulsa - TBD
Washington at Oregon - TBD
Purdue at #8 Indiana - TBD
#20 USC at UCLA, 4:30 PT, ABC

23133c65eaf7a3e0025c4b432209fadb8c-eddie-van-halen.rsquare.w1200.jpg

red-chile-jackfruit-tamales-2.jpg

joshua-pulev_2020_10_16_205045.jpg
usc-vs-ucla-at-rose-bowl-in-pasadena-californa-ATWPCT.jpg

564f8d0b40549.image.jpg

US_Navy_081206-N-4565G-255_President_George_W._Bush_conducts_the_ceremonial_coin_toss_before_the_start_of_the_109th_Army-Navy_college_football_game_at_Lincoln_Financial_Field_in_Philadelphia.jpg

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
[
View attachment 15896

Frost I want that fucking chair back

Rivalry trophies are an important part of getting ahead in life.

Astronaut and Titusville highs’ crosstown rivalry football contest winner is awarded the Hudson Trophy. This trophy is purportedly named after a local newspaperman, Hudson. Astronaut has an immeasurable lead in this trophy series after it being even for the first twenty years . As you may recall I was on the sideline (no playing time because I was an awful athlete and quite stupid when it came to my actual play assignments as a right tackle.) in Wilbur Marshall’s gift of a special alternate Jersey when a astronaut wining streak of some umpteen years began in 1992.

Hudson’s son, also a newspaperman, wrote a column in the local weekly Titusville focused newspaper that sometimes spanned as many as 10 pages, with only 7 of those pages being advertisements. His column was named “the mullet wrapper.” Whilst you may think this is a reference to a hip hop artist with a mike Gundy style haircut, it is actually a nod to the practice of wrapping fresh fish in newspaper.

the tag line of the mullet wrapper column was “behold the turtle, he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.” Great motivation and life advice.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol it was SC’s fault the game was cancelled. But totally shocking the conference is going to cater to the BLUE BLOOD

They’d go Big Ten on this decision so quickly if the roles were reversed

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Man what a ride for Coach O, everyone doubted his hire, and three full years in he oversaw one of the greatest seasons in CFB history. Next he divorces his wife, loses a bunch of coaches and players, hires a bunch of shitty replacements, then oversees the worst LSU season in 20+ years, gets implicated in a sexual assault coverup scandal, has a bunch of players opt-out/transfer, and now there’s a chance he doesn’t come back next year.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Man what a ride for Coach O, everyone doubted his hire, and three full years in he oversaw one of the greatest seasons in CFB history. Next he divorces his wife, loses a bunch of coaches and players, hires a bunch of shitty replacements, then oversees the worst LSU season in 20+ years, gets implicated in a sexual assault coverup scandal, has a bunch of players opt-out/transfer, and now there’s a chance he doesn’t come back next year.
Life comes at your fast

bruin

I knew there was a reason I didn’t put up a past pic of this rivalry to start this Week’s THREAD

Lightningwar

Administrator

Think they will make a run at Fisher? The guy is a douchelord of he is building up A&M to be 2nd place in the West until Saban retires. LSU may see a chance to send A&M back to where they belong and get back to their rightful place in the west? I will be surprised if they pull the trigger this year. But the sexual assault stuff is good cover.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Think they will make a run at Fisher? The guy is a douchelord of he is building up A&M to be 2nd place in the West until Saban retires. LSU may see a chance to send A&M back to where they belong and get back to their rightful place in the west? I will be surprised if they pull the trigger this year. But the sexual assault stuff is good cover.

I really doubt they would try to hire away Fisher. I know that he would be a logical target (former coordinator, previous flirtation at the end of Les’s tenure, our AD was the one who hired Fisher at A&M) but this season especially would make it tough to hire him away. I’m sure all of A&M’s resources would be marshaled to retain him since he’s brought them to a top 5 ranking, and he’d be walking into a situation with some scandals hanging over the program. I’m not even sure that I’d particularly want Fisher, with him leaving FSU in shambles and being pretty mediocre at A&M until this season.