• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They’re top 20 in talent, there’s no reason they should be completely incapable of making a bowl game at least

coogrfan

Fair enough. Let me ask you this: has Nebraska looked like a team with a top 20 collection of talent at any point in that span? Phil Steele has the Huskers ranked 48th, which imo is much closer to reality than those recruiting rankings.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Nebraska is beyond washed - they’re BROKEDICK. The rabid fan base, yearning for anything- still live in the past. Problem is they’ll never figure it out - that Nebraska football is not the Vogue thing anymore.

I USED to be one. But after Erin Andrews’s doppelgänger was hired, I quit all that shit. Watching yesterday without the hubbub was so refreshing. All I did was laugh at how atrocious on both sides of the ball they were. The same stupid mistakes that happened year one are still very apparent year four.

When your head coach doesn’t know it’s fourth and inches versus first and ten? Fuck me it’s elementary! But as said, thank goodness I washed my hands of that. I’d be a miserable sap this morning. Nope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Still can't believe Nebraska has fallen so far. The Nebraska I remember is the 95 team that totally destroyed Florida (when a lot of people thought Florida's space-age offense would be too much for the Huskers).

Is it really that hard to recruit to Lincoln, NE?

Skeeter

Uber felon
0 in state talent is the killer. When they were great they had big corn fed lineman in state dying to go there. 2022 class has 2 in state 4* and neither look to be going to Nebraska.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
0 in state talent is the killer. When they were great they had big corn fed lineman in state dying to go there. 2022 class has 2 in state 4* and neither look to be going to Nebraska.

So what happened to all these big corn-fed descendants of the Swedes and Norwegians? Did they stop humping in favor of opioid addiction? Did they all move to Texas and the South?

Or did they all take up futbol because of the overwhelming influence of the brown invaders from South of the border? (The common USC fan trope)

Skeeter

Uber felon
So what happened to all these big corn-fed descendants of the Swedes and Norwegians? Did they stop humping in favor of opioid addiction? Did they all move to Texas and the South?

Or did they all take up futbol because of the overwhelming influence of the brown invaders from South of the border? (The common USC fan trope)
It's a damn good question. Probably a little of all of that and add in the general decline of kids playing football because of mush brain.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Zac Taylor? Muschamp?

PxlPQHO.gif

Renegade

Charge on!

Maybe winning at a mid major Florida school doesn’t mean that much?

McKenzie Milton made Frost and Heupel look like geniuses. Reality is Frost inherited a team stacked with NFL talent (around 20 guys that got some sort of NFL exposure on that 2017 team I believe) and a team that was very disciplined. All he did was change the message to one that wasn’t for coaching the junction boys and bring in a stud QB and a couple of playmakers.

He inherited a pile of shit at Nebraska and doesn’t have that elite QB. And he wants to be everyone’s big brother and can’t instill the discipline that O’Leary-developed team had.

He doesn’t know how to handle adversity - that much is clear on the sidelines now. He’s never struggled before in his life, and he doesn’t have the maturity to figure it out. Maybe Saban will spank it into him as an analyst, and he can be a killer hire for San Diego State when Hoke gets fired in two years.

Renegade

Charge on!
This, and the fact that the style of football those bcfl's excelled at is no longer in vogue?

Ought to hire someone like Leipold that gets more done with less and who has knowledge of that offense. Bring back the power-I with fullbacks to run over these safeties playing linebacker against the spread.

Renegade

Charge on!
They stopped using steroids and stopped having a coach that would cover for a bunch of talented players’ misdeeds.

And there's no longer a way to get around non-qualifiers. They go to JUCO now pretty much. Nebraska used to take a ton and stash them in easy classes like "Scenic Nebraska" where the one class assignment was to ride on a bus around some cornfields and draw a picture of what you saw.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
this ain't it

Maybe not, but I'm not sure how much innovation is left in the spread at this point. It seems like there's been a lot of isomorphism where spread systems have come to look more and more similar. Lot of that Oklahoma look of power running game + Air Raid passing principles. Not so much zone read or spread option anymore, possibly because defenses have become designed to stop it. Frost has given up on the Oregon speed & stretch the field horizontally system. He's gotten a lot bigger and slower at most positions.

So there's going to be some teams that move away from the spread. Whether that's back to a power option scheme, back to just a pro style emphasizing tight ends, or hell, back to the single wing, I don't really know. But there's going to be something that pops up that goes back in the opposite direction to exploit what defenses are designed to stop now.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
And there's no longer away to get around non-qualifiers. They go to JUCO now pretty much. Nebraska used to take a ton and stash them in easy classes like "Scenic Nebraska" where the one class assignment was to ride on a bus around some cornfields and draw a picture of what you saw.

Yeah I seem to remember back in the day that state schools like Nebraska would suit up like 120 players for home games, and have a hoard of talent because they could bring in tons of "walk-ons" that many other schools couldn't (or wouldn't).

As far as footbaw players having easy classes - tbf "Communications" or "Broadcast Journalism" consists largely of making Tik Tok vidjas while pretending to talk about something relevant.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

Eating a ton of corn doesn't make you big or strong, but doing tons of steroids helps! That and neck rolls. They don't have as many neck roll dudes.

I’ll start: Scott Frost to lava mode. Lose to Bert? Wow fucking bafoon. Still the same shitty technique, dumb play and horrific special teams.

Here’s hoping that dousche clown Doppelgänger Erin Andrews will join him.

Frost will be safe this season unless we absolutely crash and win only like 2 or 3 games. The school simply cannot payout another $20 mil to a fired head coach and then open the checkbook to the 'next big thing'. We're stuck with him, for better or worse.

A lot of talk of the sellout streak..but that's all on the fans. I know many snicker at the Red Carpet Experience for avoiding the end of the sellout streak, but it's a noble program. Many of those kids would be hard-pressed to see a game inside Memorial Stadium. I'm glad they started that.

As for the program...at this point, I'm not even sure what is wrong. Several consecutive Top 25 recruiting classes and we still can't get a winning record. It seems we can't get out of our own. It appears we have good athletes. I'm just not sure where the disconnect is.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Nebraska is beyond washed - they’re BROKEDICK. The rabid fan base, yearning for anything- still live in the past. Problem is they’ll never figure it out - that Nebraska football is not the Vogue thing anymore.

I USED to be one. But after Erin Andrews’s doppelgänger was hired, I quit all that shit. Watching yesterday without the hubbub was so refreshing. All I did was laugh at how atrocious on both sides of the ball they were. The same stupid mistakes that happened year one are still very apparent year four.

When your head coach doesn’t know it’s fourth and inches versus first and ten? Fuck me it’s elementary! But as said, thank goodness I washed my hands of that. I’d be a miserable sap this morning. Nope!

Sounds like you are really enjoying it!

bruin

Thought he was pretty decent actually in the first couple years of Mora’s regime. Def did help having like 5 guys on that defense that played in the League also.

Big drop off when he left and Mora replaced him with Jeff Ulbrich. :laughing::sad:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Thanks guys. For some reason I’m sympathetic to UCONN’s plight, even tho they were our Biggest rival for about a decade.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Thought he was pretty decent actually in the first couple years of Mora’s regime. Def did help having like 5 guys on that defense that played in the League also.

Big drop off when he left and Mora replaced him with Jeff Ulbrich. :laughing::sad:

Yeah, it seemed to be more that he had a ton of talent on D to work with thanks to NEUHEISEL. Still remember this:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I doubt Gleeson or someone like Moorhead would take the job anyway. They probably have to look at the FCS level, but even then, is someone at a successful Northeast program going to want to leave that to try to build UConn?