• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 Offseason Thread.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Down goes as being one of three schools to never host one. At least it’s an HBCU though, not like Neverland Tech or something.

I seem to recall back in the day that Juicy would open with Long Beach State or Cal State Fullerton (back when those Cal States used to field footbaw teams) Of course, that was before the differentiated Division I-A and I-AA (now FBS and FCS). But hey, USC played Occidental waaaay back in the day, so whatevs. I actually think the SEC-style scheduling would be fun. Would be great for every Pac12 school to go into conference play at 4-0.

Of course, being the Pac12, would be 0-4. :(

Renegade

Charge on!
I seem to recall back in the day that Juicy would open with Long Beach State or Cal State Fullerton (back when those Cal States used to field footbaw teams) Of course, that was before the differentiated Division I-A and I-AA (now FBS and FCS). But hey, USC played Occidental waaaay back in the day, so whatevs. I actually think the SEC-style scheduling would be fun. Would be great for every Pac12 school to go into conference play at 4-0.

Of course, being the Pac12, would be 0-4. :(

Fullerton, Long Beach, and Pacific were 1-A in the PCAA/Big West from the division split until they shut down their programs. Looks like UCLA played them a few times during the 80s and early 90s.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Fullerton, Long Beach, and Pacific were 1-A in the PCAA/Big West from the division split until they shut down their programs. Looks like UCLA played them a few times during the 80s and early 90s.

I once had a Long Beach State dynasty in NCAA2004 in which I made a 8-team conference made up of defunct football teams (Long Beach, Fullerton, Cal State L.A.) as well as ones that, to my knowledge, never fielded footbaw teams (Cal State Dominguez, La Verne, UC Irvine) and it was great fun. With CA recruiting, it only took me like 5 seasons to win the national championship. :laughing:

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
what about PACIFIC

M'wife went to Pacific the last year they had a footbaw team.

We bought our tickets to the BYU - Baylor game. We'll see if Baylor can actually play a game this year and what kind of a team BYU has after Wilson and the best OL and WR went pro.

bruin

Supposedly the Pac-12 is releasing teams schedules tomorrow. Last power 5 to do so. MAC announced theirs last week lol.

Bart Scott for the :clown: article.

bruin

SC doesn't play UCLA or ND the last week of the year? What is that fuckshit?
Don’t think the Bruins have ended the year with SC as the final reg season game in a decade. Can thank the Divisions and conference title game to that.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Don’t think the Bruins have ended the year with SC as the final reg season game in a decade. Can thank the Divisions and conference title game to that.

I know they did a couple of times when I was in college. I thought it rotated between UCLA and ND for SC and when SC had ND last, UCLA played Cal or Furd.

bruin

I know they did a couple of times when I was in college. I thought it rotated between UCLA and ND for SC and when SC had ND last, UCLA played Cal or Furd.
yeah, SC playing any team at home last besides UCLA when the year falls of them traveling to South Bend is bizarre.

Hopefully the end of Champagne Larry will put a end to it. (Doubt it):kekleo:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Forgot when this fuckshit happened, but yeah, it used to be that in even-numbered years, USC would end the year with @Juicy, then home against ND. In odd-numbered years, USC would play Notre Dame at South Bend typically in mid-October, then Juicy would be a home game, and usually the final game of the year.

Another thing is having conference games really early in the year, like the Week 2 game between Stanford and USC - that's some fuckshit too, but it was 'splained to me that because both the Farm and SC play Notre Dame later in the year instead of early in the season like most non-conference games, that is why USC and the Farm have to play early.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
This off-season has been a disaster. Wandale Robinson, the face of the program, transfers out and then Luke Mccaffey does to after Frost calls him the future of the program. Now the reports at they are going to duck OU to play a MAC school or Old Dominion. So much for playing "anyone anytime anywhere"