• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 Offseason Thread.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Can you say, portal tampering?

In any case, maybe this helps usher Clay Helton out the door if y'all manage to beat his sorry ass this year.

Renegade

Charge on!
So the recommendation going to the presidents is a 12 team playoff with guaranteed bids for the 6 highest ranked conference champs (no autobids for P5 champs). The top four ranked conference champs will get byes. So Notre Dame can never get a bye. :trollface:

This past year...assuming no shenanigans by the committee (which is a ridiculous assumption), Oregon would have been left out of the playoffs in favor of Coastal Carolina earning the 6th conference champ bid.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How would that work for conferences with no title game? Last year the Sun Belt title game was cancelled, so both Coastal and ULL were champs

Renegade

Charge on!
How would that work for conferences with no title game? Last year the Sun Belt title game was cancelled, so both Coastal and ULL were champs

Haven’t seen anything on that, but I’d guess every conference will have to have clear criteria for selecting a champ. Every conference now has a champ game, so unless it gets canceled, shouldn’t be an issue going forward. If it gets canceled, I’d guess highest ranked of the two teams that would have played or something.
Certainly none of that shit where the Big 12 named TCU and Baylor co-champs or whatever.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
If this goes into effect, does Notre Dame finally fully join a conference? My guess is no as they are a big enough name that they can get a bid themselves they they are good enough.

But I don't think BYU should feel the same. M'guess is they'll wait until the next round of TV deals and potential conference changes. If they don't get invited by a Power conference, they may finally be willing to go back to the MWC or something as they should have the best chances of making a playoff that way. It will be interesting to see if they do that, move to a conference prior, or do nothing.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Hey, neither will Michigan!

200.gif