• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021: Week 9 Thread - Department of Youth

bruin

We're in trouble all the time you read about us all in the papers
We walk around and bump into walls a blind delegation yeah
And we ain't afraid of high power we're bullet proof

Week 9 is at the door and for you a split second you wanna tell them to slow it down a bit. At this moment while I'm enjoying a nice Coors Light, there is still no announcement where GAMEDAY is headed. Must be a tough call. Halloween week is her hence the Alice Cooper jam. The Autumn Classic begins on Tuesday (Go Braves). NHL and NBA is just greasing their gears. All and all, no complaints here. You fine gentlemen enjoy your week. Will be on the look out for some Halloween costumes...to stare at. Cheers, my dudes!!!!

Notable Matchups:
UNLV at Nevada, 7:00 PT- CBS SportsNetwork (Friday)
#2 Cincy at Tulane, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN 2
#6 Michigan at #8 Michigan State, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
Miami at #17 Pitt, 9:00 AM PT - ACC Network
Washington State at Arizona State, 12:00 PT - FS1
#1 Georgia at Florida, 12:30 PT - CBS
Texas Tech at #4 Oklahoma, 12:30 PT - ABC
Colorado at #7 Oregon, 12:30 PT - FOX
Duke at #13 Wake Forest, 1:00 PT - ACC Network
#10 Ole Miss at #18 Auburn, 4:00 PT - ESPN
#12 Kentucky at Miss State, 4:00 PT- SEC Network
#20 Penn State at #5 Ohio State. 4:30 PT - ABC
UCLA at Utah, 7:00 PT- ESPN
Fresno State at #21 San Diego State, 7:30 PT - CBS Sports Net

ei_178334_sb019_p013020-2-1.jpg

13836420.jpg

MV5BZjgwZDIwY2MtNGZlNy00NGRlLWFmNTgtOTBkZThjMDUwMGJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

paul-bunyan-trophyjpg-54604ff437627307.jpg

287accf2-68cd-4d77-8bf0-8f3b4b3000c7-Florida-Georgia_fans.jpg

1980-phillies-lede.jpg

colorado-ad-releases-statement-karl-dorrell-shoving-cameraman.png

jerseyshorekids.jpg

032995af85ef0d4298a5c3ec641a1d23--guy-fieri-classic-architecture.jpg

DwAoS-IU0AEXkuj-923x1024.jpg

Brick

we have some FUN after dark games on saturday. BRONCO returning to BYU and SDSU/fresno....lfg

if you haven't had a chance to see ARMSTRONG, virginia's qb, you should watch him vs @jamesnathan

coogrfan

Notable Matchups:
UNLV at Nevada, 7:00 PT- CBS SportsNetwork (Friday)
#2 Cincy at Tulane, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN 2
#6 Michigan at #8 Michigan State, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
Miami at #17 Pitt, 9:00 AM PT - ACC Network
Washington State at Arizona State, 12:00 PT - FS1
#1 Georgia at Florida, 12:30 PT - CBS
Texas Tech at #4 Oklahoma, 12:30 PT - ABC
Colorado at #7 Oregon, 12:30 PT - FOX
Duke at #13 Wake Forest, 1:00 PT - ACC Network
#10 Ole Miss at #18 Auburn, 4:00 PT - ESPN
#12 Kentucky at Miss State, 4:00 PT- SEC Network
#20 Penn State at #5 Ohio State. 4:30 PT - ABC
UCLA at Utah, 7:00 PT- ESPN
Fresno State at #21 San Diego State, 7:30 PT - CBS Sports Net

#19 SMU at Houston , 4:00 PT ESPN 2

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Okie state with homecoming against KU. What could go wrong?

Texas Tech travels to Norman. OU has a shit defense, but I don’t know enough about tech to say whether tech will actually be competitive in this game.

TCU and Gary Patterson need to part ways. The amount of talent wasting away on that roster is sad.

Baylor handles Texas quite easily I think.

November in the big 12 is about to get pretty wild. Every team has flaws and extremely small margins for error, from top to bottom.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wake behind Michigan state is a joke lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
still da bess

This is probably my favorite play of all time. The 109yd FG attempt returns are great and all but you have like 20, 30 seconds to process those from start to finish. This happened so fast you can tell even the SPARTY fans the camera finds don't seem convinced it was reel.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
This is probably my favorite play of all time. The 109yd FG attempt returns are great and all but you have like 20, 30 seconds to process those from start to finish. This happened so fast you can tell even the SPARTY fans the camera finds don't seem convinced it was reel.

Harbaugh's face gets me everytime I watch he highlight.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Harbaugh's face gets me everytime I watch he highlight.

This is probably the worst decision to punt, ever. It's also the worst execution of a terrible decision to punt ever.

Any of those upbacks could heave it to that guy. Even if it's incomplete they have to kick a 70 yard field goal. A much better idea would have been to just run it up the fucking middle. The worst thing that can happen is you don't get it - maybe lose a yard or two. A 15 yard snap in cold weather and high pressure is absolutely the worst thing you can do outside of intentional sabotage.

Football coaches are not smart, by rule. The guys who are actually smart are a complete aberration and an extreme exception to that rule.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I had forgotten about this. I feel like this debacle led to the "have the QB run around backwards for 10 seconds and heave it as high as he can out of bounds" play that seems to have replaced the punt in these situations

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
This is probably the worst decision to punt, ever. It's also the worst execution of a terrible decision to punt ever.

View attachment 20947

Any of those upbacks could heave it to that guy. Even if it's incomplete they have to kick a 70 yard field goal. A much better idea would have been to just run it up the fucking middle. The worst thing that can happen is you don't get it - maybe lose a yard or two. A 15 yard snap in cold weather and high pressure is absolutely the worst thing you can do outside of intentional sabotage.

Football coaches are not smart, by rule. The guys who are actually smart are a complete aberration and an extreme exception to that rule.
Yeah there’s so much wrong with this sport/coaching. If you rallied up the # of Ls teams took from special teams/fourth down decisions over a decade id bet it’s pretty high. The sport is plagued by some long standing belief that on 4th down we must willingly concede possession to the other team no matter the circumstances!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I had forgotten about this. I feel like this debacle led to the "have the QB run around backwards for 10 seconds and heave it as high as he can out of bounds" play that seems to have replaced the punt in these situations

As it always should have! 10 seconds is a lot, but when you consider that an incomplete pass still results in them having to kick an impossible field goal or attempt a hail mary, it's a pretty good option. Who was the last MSU QB who could reliably complete an 8 yard pass let alone 63 yards

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
As it always should have! 10 seconds is a lot, but when you consider that an incomplete pass still results in them having to kick an impossible field goal or attempt a hail mary, it's a pretty good option. Who was the last MSU QB who could reliably complete an 8 yard pass let alone 63 yards
os53yd3um6811.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
ok ur right but only barely

in his athletic prime he only got it into the endzone because it was batted down at the goal line and run in by the receiver!