• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 1 Thread - Tom Sawyer

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I know he’s a good corch, but he’s an asshole and doesn’t fit in there. I don’t see it working long term either.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I know he’s a good corch, but he’s an asshole and doesn’t fit in there. I don’t see it working long term either.

If it doesn’t work long term, it’s not because he doesn’t fit in here. What a load of shit that I see repeated all of the time. Coach O is the only guy we’ve hired with any ties to LA in recent memory, and he was horribly unqualified for the job. Dinardo, Saban and Miles were all outsiders from up north who’d been coaching in the Midwest (or Vandy in the case of Dinardo, which, that’s its own thing).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
jNhyDYo.png

ELON BAD

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's pretty amazing that LSU won several natties despite their head corches.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's pretty amazing that Brian Kelly has only killed one kid (that we know of).

I guess he probably killed Prince Shembo's rape victim, but that was more psychological in nature and in reality just a group effort with the athletic department and administration.

That was a Saint Mary’s student, IIRC, so I really don’t think that counts towards his total.

fried rice

LAWD what shit show of a corch to play for

As disappointing of a first game as it was, I think people are just throwing whatever they can on the Kelly hate bonfire now.

FWIW, the quote continues: "He wants to do it. And we'll have to re-evaluate that situation. He's a great kid. We didn't lose the game because he dropped those two punts. We miraculously were able to overcome those. Usually you wouldn't, but that's on us."

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That doesn't make it any better lol. Maybe we expect different things from a leader but saying that publicly is something I'd never want a leader to do, you keep that behind closed doors. You can say the second part publicly if you want.

fried rice

That doesn't make it any better lol. Maybe we expect different things from a leader but saying that publicly is something I'd never want a leader to do, you keep that behind closed doors. You can say the second part publicly if you want.

Look I’ve had like 15 years of seeing coaches stay stupid incomprehensible shit for the media to ridicule, so this might be the least buffoonery we’ve had in many years. We’ll all hate Brian Kelly like everyone else if this team keeps looking like shit, but until then it’s clear that everything he does or says will be portrayed in the worst possible context. Should be fun.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Look I’ve had like 15 years of seeing coaches stay stupid incomprehensible shit for the media to ridicule, so this might be the least buffoonery we’ve had in many years. We’ll all hate Brian Kelly like everyone else if this team keeps looking like shit, but until then it’s clear that everything he does or says will be portrayed in the worst possible context. Should be fun.

I'm just saying that first quote is pretty foot in mouth for a corch to say, just because you've had corches say dumber things doesn't mean it is okay. At the same time it is true, so it's really a question of if you want your corch belittling his players in the media when they mess up or not.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
0 points so far against...Georgia Tech? BUMS

Craig7835

LSU's main weapon Kayshon Boulle deleted EVERYTHING LSU related from his Instagram...can you blame especially when you got Jayden Daniels as the QB. I wonder why the team at ASU was glad he was gone?

Craig7835

Was listening to Skip & Shannon earlier today, Shannon said Mike Norvell would've been out of a job if Florida State lost that game. Norvell knew damn well not to call a HB Toss/Pitch at the 1 yard line. Also I agreed with Shannon about Norvell being cute by going for it on 4th down, he don't know Norvell has been like that during the Memphis days. Youtube Iowa State vs Memphis in the 2017 Liberty Bowl...some Tigers fans in the stands had that "I wanna knock the SHIT out of him for that call!!!" Norvell made some questionable calls in that game so he's basically a reverse Bruce Arians with the No Risk It No Biscuit philosophy

Last edited:

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Good to hear

I was worried seeing as he just beat LSU an hour from Tiger Stadium

Man I'm already spoiled with the Florida and LSU games coming down to the last second

Fucking GT couldn't keep it within a score going into the 4th

I was happy at 17 10

CJ_24

I thought the pitch play was not a bad call. It was poorly executed by the qb and rb. If the back catches that ball cleanly, he scores easy. The critique of the play call seems more about the result than the decision. Those type of critiques are lazy

Wolfman21

I thought the pitch play was not a bad call. It was poorly executed by the qb and rb. If the back catches that ball cleanly, he scores easy. The critique of the play call seems more about the result than the decision. Those type of critiques are lazy

Its from the Skip and Shannon show. Any "critique" coming from those shows should be laughed at

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The critique of the pitch play is the odds of a fuckup on a pitch play. They could have thrown the ball and it worked. If they had done that and got picked would it have been a good call because it would have worked had the QB thrown a good pass? What was the situation again? Up 7 with like 1:29 left? Don't get cute and hand the ball off and worst case ontario you kick a FG with 0:45 left. There was just no need to pitch the ball.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 - so whose bright idea was it to have temporary tattoos that were green and just said "STATE" at the CSU alumni tailgate on Saturday?

Lmao. What an event! CSU fans are so weird man. So many of them went to the game and then they left when it got bad… WHAT DID THEY EXPECT?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Lmao. What an event! CSU fans are so weird man. So many of them went to the game and then they left when it got bad… WHAT DID THEY EXPECT?
To be fair, it was close to 90 degrees and humid as hell. It was pretty miserable. And we saw a good amount of people late into the 4th quarter.

I did have a CSU friend complain on facebook about Michigan running up the score with the last TD drive. That drive took up half of the fourth quarter. And Michigan didn't throw a ball that travelled more than 15 yards downfield all game. But you do do, buddy.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
To be fair, it was close to 90 degrees and humid as hell. It was pretty miserable. And we saw a good amount of people late into the 4th quarter.

I did have a CSU friend complain on facebook about Michigan running up the score with the last TD drive. That drive took up half of the fourth quarter. And Michigan didn't throw a ball that travelled more than 15 yards downfield all game. But you do do, buddy.

The stats said Michigan had a long passing TD early in the game, and I was going to disagree with you…. But then I watched the extended highlights and it was like a bubble screen with slow CSU defenders getting mauled by great WR blocking by Michigan.

Why throw the ball more than 15 yards when you can throw it five yards and then run 60 more?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also lol at 7 points from the FORT AIR RAID offense…

Maybe naming your offense after a fundamentally defensive military fort is bad?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That OL is a problem for CSU's offense. Michigan lost 2 first round talents at DE and still had 7 sacks in the game. Pressure on passing downs was supposed to be one of Michigan's biggest issues going into the season. The OL was completely lost on any of sort of blitz and multiple guys were getting beat on passing downs.

That said, CSU's passing game when there wasn't pressure was decent. The receiver that caught the touchdown pass burned our 5-star corner twice. The receivers were doing well on shorter passes. CSU couldn't do anything more than that with their shitty blocking though.