2024: The Offseason Thread

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
He went from wearing 66 to 93. Illinois could cover a guy wearing 66 but not wearing 93?

I take ur point. I'm just sayin' either way he was a big fat lineman. Who's getting fooled by a big fat lineman?
More nuanced than that. Changing numbers made him not have to report as eligible.

adchester

Naz Reid
Gundy is fuckin wild for this one lmao, but honestly outside of the lib urbans and the rural folks who have directly been effected by drunk drivers blowing a .1 would seem over the line but not a problem.

The thing Gundy is leaving out of his genius analysis is this mofo was driving from norman and didn't blow til he got to the station so he was hittin way above that while he was driving.
Which is a fucking lot of them, in my experience, at least in the Midwest. Everybody's got at least a friend of a friend who got in an accident with a drunk driver, if not worse.

Everyone drives drunk anyway tho because beer is god in Minnesota and Wisconsin and public transit is nonexistent

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Which is a fucking lot of them, in my experience, at least in the Midwest. Everybody's got at least a friend of a friend who got in an accident with a drunk driver, if not worse.

Everyone drives drunk anyway tho because beer is god in Minnesota and Wisconsin and public transit is nonexistent
I meant more of the worse kind of effected, if they get in a wreck, have minor injuries or none, and get a new car that's just a bonus

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Gundy is fuckin wild for this one lmao, but honestly outside of the lib urbans and the rural folks who have directly been effected by drunk drivers blowing a .1 would seem over the line but not a problem.

The thing Gundy is leaving out of his genius analysis is this mofo was driving from norman and didn't blow til he got to the station so he was hittin way above that while he was driving.
Affected

Brick

Cristobal Obsessed Weirdo
yes they underachieve because post croot era corches are garb, including lanning. been sayin it for years bud

Mame YO

slings rocks
Links broked

The guy that posted that trolled CROOT media into running “is Oregon a blue blood?” stories last week lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I think it’s too early on Lanning. A lot of folx think he is good including myself and he is 22-5 in two years. At worst I think the pragmatic approach is to wait and see what happens in the next 1-2 seasons and if you’re a homer you definitely have reasons to be optimistic.

bruin

UCLA announced canceled home/homes with Georgia and Auburn. It was mutually agreed.

Will have home/homes with Utah and Cal. Also UC Davis later in the 20’s.

Mame YO

slings rocks
at least get one of these:

NGL I've thought about it just because I'm paranoid about the classic "2 beers with dinner" situation because I have to drive for work. Calcs say that two 6% beers over two hours puts you at .02%, or .03% in 90 minutes... and 3 beers gets you over .05% in 90 minutes (at 200lbs). In Oregon and Washington you can be charged with a DUI even if you're below .08%.

edit: link is broken - it's a small breathalyzer.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I can travel drunk whenever I want because I'm not cucked into using a car as my only means of transit

Our downtown area is about a 10-minute walk from my house, it's one of the reasons I never want to move (along with a sub-3% mortgage). If we go into Cedar Rapids or Iowa City I'm set because my wife doesn't drink.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I can travel drunk whenever I want because I'm not cucked into using a car as my only means of transit
living in Vancouver sucks but we sometimes drive across the bridge and do the PARK AND RIDE from NE Portland to get downtown. That's our best option realistically.

An Uber from my house to SE Portland or Downtown is $80-100 each way.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Mame gonna be on the copium so hard when Oregon hindenburgs after Knight dies in a couple years
Sorry to disappoint but
He’s not done yet, though. His final gift is rumored to be the largest endowment ever to given to any university anywhere! Some have estimated the gift will exceed a BILLION. Consider this: $1,000,000,000 invested at a 5% return annually is $50 million per year. Will there be even more than these amounts to ponder? The amount potentially coming Oregon’s way is staggering.

Brick

Cristobal Obsessed Weirdo
fishduck is the kige ramsey of oregon

those stupid oregon troll XCHAN accounts have never been funny

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s been widely speculated on for years fwiw. He’s given well over $2 billion already and is worth $35+ billion lol.