• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How long do we have before FA? I need to decide if I want to resign Doodles or if someone will trade me a SS or 3B.

Anyone out there got a 3B or SS they are willing to move?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Idk was planning on going tomorrow night but we can wait another day.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Colomo and Fabian are available too. Colomo for a late late rounder. If you have the budget room he's a great MR. Fabian for whatever you give me.

Manny Lopez is there if you need a 2B as well. .280ish hitter if he is full time, good stop gap right now but could keep progressing into a good starter.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wouldnt mind Fabian or Colomo. What about Chris Brown still wanting to move him? I am not all that fond of trading away my only draft pick until like the 6th at this point though.

Wolfman21

jeeze @jdlikewhoa...i've just noticed how many of your prospects that your scout has found. Roddis, Worsfold and Martinez are good looking players. Outside of Prophet, I don't think my scout has found anyone on that level.

jdlikewhoa

jeeze @jdlikewhoa...i've just noticed how many of your prospects that your scout has found. Roddis, Worsfold and Martinez are good looking players. Outside of Prophet, I don't think my scout has found anyone on that level.

It's bad because I don't even pay attention to most of these guys. I stumble across them every 2 years or so in my IC. Aside from that I don't mess with it. I didn't even know who Martinez was until you brought him up. Excited about Roddis and Worsfold though.

Wolfman21

Roddis looks like the best catcher in the league in the making. Worsfold is gonna slide in nicely as your DH with Onions taking up 2B

jdlikewhoa

Roddis looks like the best catcher in the league in the making. Worsfold is gonna slide in nicely as your DH with Onions taking up 2B

Honestly I wish I would've tanked for one more year and not blown the trade with Yankee in 2041. If that were the case, I'd have Kasib, Kiene, and Campbell as my 1-3 SPs and Inions and Neanderthal in my MI. fap fap fap

Wolfman21

Did not realize Inions could play SS. Well...he would be a mediocre shortstop at the position most necessary for good defense...but the bats in that middle infield would be insane. Geeves ratings went from "Oh hes great" to "OMG Boner alert" after this season. Best part? His greed rating is listed as "Low" and his loyalty is "High". Hometown discount...woot woot

jdlikewhoa

Did not realize Inions could play SS. Well...he would be a mediocre shortstop at the position most necessary for good defense...but the bats in that middle infield would be insane. Geeves ratings went from "Oh hes great" to "OMG Boner alert" after this season. Best part? His greed rating is listed as "Low" and his loyalty is "High". Hometown discount...woot woot
yeah. Inions would probably commit 35 errors a season, but dat bat. Or he'd be some OU type trade bait and I could flip him for 4 all wizards and 2 1sts

Lloyd Carr

So, uh, what happened to my scout?

I don't have the option to see my scout ratings for any of my players.

Lloyd Carr

Your scout? I'll give you a fresh new model tonight

Thanks, I took a look at the available personnel, and I was not impressed.

My scout wasn't even that old. I guess he finally felt he redeemed himself by being a part of a playoff team, so he bailed. Bastard.

Lloyd Carr

Or maybe he heard about the incoming complete revamp of the minor league system, so he felt it would be apt to pass his job onto the new guy.

Gooksta

Everyone avail.. interested in someone.. let me know.. imo. Hong would be amazing in buffalos lineup

Lloyd Carr

Everyone avail.. interested in someone.. let me know.. imo. Hong would be amazing in buffalos lineup

The only slot on the lineup that I want to improve is 1B. The rest of the lineup is solid.

I also probably need to bring aboard another quality SP to round out the rotation. Fontenot is solid, Robles will be solid, Chaves is a question mark, and Driscoll is a question mark. I could use someone more solid, but my biggest concern is 1B.

Gooksta

The only slot on the lineup that I want to improve is 1B. The rest of the lineup is solid.

I also probably need to bring aboard another quality SP to round out the rotation. Fontenot is solid, Robles will be solid, Chaves is a question mark, and Driscoll is a question mark. I could use someone more solid, but my biggest concern is 1B.
Yeah.. if ur lineup could get a good hitting bopper to put in the 4 spot.. u wld be golden

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

So why wouldn't Hong work?

Lloyd Carr

The dude has never played 1B. He is 29 years old, going on 30 mid-season this year.

Why would I take the risk on an older dude, who hasn't shown he can actually play the position?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The dude has never played 1B. He is 29 years old, going on 30 mid-season this year.

Why would I take the risk on an older dude, who hasn't shown he can actually play the position?

You wouldn't, which is stupid. But go ahead, hey @Gooksta let me get hong and make him a gold glove 1B for fun

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nah b, he is my chance to break the HR record. He's too important for me to trade for a challenge project

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I think tonight i fine. It takes very little time. Only hard part IMO is deciding who to non-tender but I assume most already thought about it just a ltittle.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I think tonight i fine. It takes very little time. Only hard part IMO is deciding who to non-tender but I assume most already thought about it just a ltittle.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Well I didn't do my arbitration/pending FA before I left for work. Thought that we would have another day. Won't be home til 7-8 depending on traffic and order volume.