• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Draft Thread

Wolfman21

not sure if all the trades have been entered into the draft or not, but I should have the Tulips 2nd round pick and I most definitely shouldn't have a 3rd round pick. I believe that goes to @doh this year

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll shop the 1-1 I guess for a couple of hours, if not I'll make my pick on one of these lotto tickets. Need long term SP

osick87

Community Liaison
Also lots of these guys are going to take awhile to develop into their potential. Lots of 25 to ___ jumps needing. I could see this draft being boom or bust.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I also really need a 3B short and long term, if that's available. This year it's either a AAA lifer or a AA guy at 3B for me

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think Roviva may have been deleted since he isn't on the website, if so disregard my offer.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I like Rovivia but if I trade for him you will draft the next Hank Aaron and Rovivia will blow out his arm twice in 4 seasons so I can't do that deal

He's in the game though, just went to your org and searched by potential

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I like Rovivia but if I trade for him you will draft the next Hank Aaron and Rovivia will blow out his arm twice in 4 seasons so I can't do that deal

He's in the game though, just went to your org and searched by potential

Rovivia, Juarez together as one.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Fair enough. You should either take Sugar Bear and Juarez or draft the obvious 1-1.

Lloyd Carr

What does that have to do with anything?

I don't like the idea of trading away a player for a 2nd, and then three years later being offered him back alongside a late 2nd rounder (to be fair, I side with OU on draft pick value after the top 5-10 picks) for the 1-1 overall.

Yankee gets trade-raped constantly, and that is another trade-rape.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't like the idea of trading away a player for a 2nd, and then three years later being offered him back alongside a late 2nd rounder for the 1-1 overall.

While your logic is seriously flawed, I agree that would be a bad trade.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't like the idea of trading away a player for a 2nd, and then three years later being offered him back alongside a late 2nd rounder for the 1-1 overall.

In what world does a player hold his same value over the course of his career?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If it was Naz for the 1-11 then I'd consider it, I think he's been a bit unlucky. 1-1 is a different story though

Lloyd Carr

While your logic is seriously flawed, I agree that would be a bad trade.
In what world does a player hold his same value over the course of his career?

I don't think Naz is a bad player, and I agree with Yankee that he's probably worth a mid-late 1st rounder. I would have given jd a 1st for him last year (if he was sincere about making the move), but I had hesitation about doing it based on his stamina. I would never take him for the 1-1 overall.

I just can't ever go with the notion that a guy who was once traded for a 2nd, somehow in three years is worth the 1-1 overall. Now, if said player somehow exceeded all expectations and became an absolute monster, I'd be more receptive to it. But what has Naz done? What is he even? Does anyone know at this point? Is he a SP, set-up man, or a closer? He has had no consistent time at any select position, and has floated his entire WBL career. He'd be good at whatever role he is used for, but he hasn't been lights out and it's not like he is getting any younger.

I used the "you traded him for a 2nd" argument because I hate seeing Yankee buy high and sell low.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You don't need to worry about yankee getting fleeced, I'm making sure that doesn't happen.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Holy hell I didn't offer just him for the 1-1, I was gauging interest in the player. I was going to keep increasing the package around him, but once OU made his offer I couldn't match that.

Lloyd Carr

Well, to be fair, your offer was Naz and a 2nd rounder when I first commented on the trade.

I'm in the OU school of thinking when it comes to draft picks outside the top-5/10, so a 2nd rounder isn't of the highest value in my mind. I do think 2nd rounders have value, but like OU argues, it is just a swing piece. A 2nd isn't going to make me go HMMMMM and really make me heavily consider a trade. It's just a piece to add the cherry on top to get the job done.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Lol it wasn't a trade. I was gauging interest. If he liked Naz I would have added a lot more until he agreed.