• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048 WBL Season Thread (FREE AGENCY IS NOT OPEN YET)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
i've done that more times and I can count. I just stopped putting PCs on them because the game auto pulls them after 2-4 innings anyway

Last edited:

Wolfman21

yeah, i had them at like 120 for the first two weeks of spring training because i forgot to lower them, lol. Then Schulz I think went out and threw near 80 pitches in his first appearance so i lowered them and then forgot to raise them again. :loser:

Wolfman21

Doesn't really matter. The only guy it affected was Schulz. Hud and Seguin got destroyed to the point where pitch count didnt matter. Pasquet and Homicide made it their 5 innings.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It's a 4 inning/80 pitch limit I believe for ST so I never touch them.

Interesting I had a 17-2 win and four starters got PH for in that game. Never really noticed that in '15. It'd be cool if that was added in '16 in blow outs to give guys rest/give bench guys some more play.

doh

So my pre-season Dowher Rankings...

1. Helsingborg -- Picked them to win it all last year. I think it'll be harder this time around but I still think they're the most complete team in the league. Ping should be nice at SS and the roster is good enough to win it all again.

2. Amsterdam -- Same story as last year. If OU wants to win it all and adds SP, he wins. Corbishly is a nice start. Getting Juarez/Haswell adds even more punch to the lineup which is crazy to think about. Middle relief is nothing great but closer is elite. They'll win 110 games again, big question is do they have enough pitching.

3. Las Vegas -- Won 98 games last year and have a better team this year (although I don't think we'll go 34-17 on one-run games again). Think I've upgraded at C, LF, SP, RP,SS but downgraded at DH and can't expect to equal production at 1B/2B. This is the most complete team I can remember having. I think 1-5 I have the best rotation and a very solid bullpen without anyone bad in the bullpen. Offensively, I'm worried about getting nothing from SS and C and a big step back from 1B, but I do believe I have better defense, a better bench and Sauce will help. Overall I feel better but the teams above me haven't stepped back.

4. Moscow -- Loved some of the moves in the off-season. Gonnet coming home at $9m/year at his potential is nice. 3 years is a bit long but I think it's very much worth the risk. I didn't like the 3/18 for Villa as False Bay got someone I thought was better (Al Connor). Moscow's offense with a full year of Tapley is great and looks like their strength.

5. Seoul -- As always, some great FA signings. I loved stealing Marrero for 2/3.6 and the Stuut contract is pricey but fair. As it has been the last few years, they have superstar talent in Noda, Stuut, Ovadilla, Ant, Okada, Birkenshaw, Roew and Garcia. But do they have enough other than that? Korrigan at C and Nueval in the pen should help (as should Marrero)

6. Berlin -- I think the Bomber Bear have a plan. They're solid up the middle at 2B, SS, CF and are brining the Funk. There's a core in place. I like going after a Aguilar but honestly think money would've been better spent on Fazackerly or Ruiz. SP is solid and I think they could win 75 or so games.

7. Dublin -- Rad is back, jack. But the team is still a bit away from winning. But credit to him for not tanking and actually trying to win. Guti from Istanbul is a nice start but still some big holes in the rotation. Lineup not as good as it was.

8. Istanbul -- A complete and total fire sale. I liked the hauls they got. A lot of it will have to do IMO with how good this draft is. I also like how much they put into IFA. Honestly I think they were 2-3 players away from getting to th playoffs but Yankee rather blow it up.

9. Lisbon -- Still a disaster.

doh

And the South...

1. Buffalo -- Didn't love their off-season. Still maybe the most complete team in the SL but lost some key cogs and didn't really add anyone. Pitching wise still very solid and still the best overall team in the league. Offense will be fine too and I don't expect huge drop offs. I would go for it again if I were them.

2. BA -- The biggest movers of the last off-season. The Kasib move got the headlines but adding a Taso in center, Vis at catcher and DLS at 1B were probably more important additions to a team needing hitting. The bullpen could get a little better and my main issue with their off-season is they didnt get a DH with guys like Fazackerly and Ruiz getting one -year deals at good rates. The other issue was a 35-year old DLS getting 3/45 and a 31-year old catcher in Vis getting 5/65 to take him into his late 30s. But for BA, they're going for it and with a deal for an upgrade at DH and bullpen (and maybe another ace), they'd be my favorite in the SL.

3. Kabul -- Liked what they did in the off-season. Replaced Ruiz with Fazackerly was a nice move (good luck playing in the field though). But they had a weak bullpen and got Lippy on an OK contract but got Black Magic on an absolute steal of a deal for now a very good 7-8-9 in the bullpen. Seguin deal got them a better SP. I still think not enough SP to win in the playoffs.

4. False Bay -- Yes they lost the best pitcher this league has ever seen. Yes they lost some other places but I actually like what they did. Like Seoul in the NL, their main problem has been superstars surrounded by shitty role players. The Connor deal was very smart. The Goodwin/Charles contracts were both really smart. Probably need someone from the BA trade to be #5 SP but a lineup with Vajarov at the 9 hole and the defensive adjustments make this team really good still. The other thing is they have so many draft picks from the Kasib deal that they have assets.

5. Cairo -- Very close to the playoffs and probably a 90-win or so team. Have a really good 1-6 in lineup but 7-9 have serious holes. I really like the rotation but the Rivera/Silky contracts have really handcuffed this team. Could use dumping a contract and something at 1B, 2B and 3B.

6. Australia -- Team in purgatory and a huge drop from #5.

7. Key West -- Year 7 of the rebuild... still not close although they have a nice #1 SP.

8. Baton Rogue -- I give Reel credit for trying to fill out the team. But just a bunch of random FAs and the pitching staff should be decent. The Kim contact is cray cray though and this is coming from someone who loves him and signed him to a 3-year deal. Offense is a dumpster fire.

9. Little Rock -- Have fun with the rebuild.

Wolfman21

lol, why is Pendragon in the bullpen of your AAA squad @Mr. Madpants?

nevermind...from what i can see on the website, i'm guessing you don't have a set rotation

doh

@doh those holes in Dublin's rotation can easily disappear if he calls up the 3 good to great SP prospects Rad has in AAA.
I agree I could see them winning 80 or so games if they brought them up. Still their offense has some giant holes in it. Probably only 3-4 above average hitters.

I loved the Fazackerly deal for you Wolf. I get crap for it, but I think he's by far the most underrated player in the game. He finished top 5 every year with me (in a pitchers ballpark) in Runs Created. I think against an easier league, he is going to put up big numbers again.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
BA had zero need to sign some no-glove DH like Faz. Magana is young should be a stud. I dont see the need for them to upgrade there. The DLS signing was pretty bad and Vis at 5 years... yikes. I do like that osick decided to go for it though.

Wolfman21

I agree I could see them winning 80 or so games if they brought them up. Still their offense has some giant holes in it. Probably only 3-4 above average hitters.

I loved the Fazackerly deal for you Wolf. I get crap for it, but I think he's by far the most underrated player in the game. He finished top 5 every year with me (in a pitchers ballpark) in Runs Created. I think against an easier league, he is going to put up big numbers again.

I actually went after DLS first because of his ability to leadoff(which i'm still in need of) and his defense. Once BA was going for multiple years though, I'm glad I fell out of that race. Faz and his 1 year deal just kind of fell into my lap. I'm leary of him playing defense, but if there is one position you can "hide" a guy, its first base. I started Ruiz at first base for the last two seasons and he is only slightly better than Faz and my defense was still pretty damn good. The money amount for his contract(and Fabian's) is negligible with the deal being only 1 year.

I'm prolly most proud of the work i did with my bullpen. Fabian for one year and Chang for 3 with a team option before my heavy hitters reach their 2nd contracts are my best work, IMO.

doh

I actually went after DLS first because of his ability to leadoff(which i'm still in need of) and his defense. Once BA was going for multiple years though, I'm glad I fell out of that race. Faz and his 1 year deal just kind of fell into my lap. I'm leary of him playing defense, but if there is one position you can "hide" a guy, its first base. I started Ruiz at first base for the last two seasons and he is only slightly better than Faz and my defense was still pretty damn good. The money amount for his contract(and Fabian's) is negligible with the deal being only 1 year.

I'm prolly most proud of the work i did with my bullpen. Fabian for one year and Chang for 3 with a team option before my heavy hitters reach their 2nd contracts are my best work, IMO.
I'd try out Faz at lead off. I had him hit leadoff for a year or two because of his OBP.

Wolfman21

@Wolfman21 why is Greeves playing DH? I'd imagine he'd be better at 1B than Faz, or are you rotating the DH spot for rest?

Just gives me a good bit of flexibility with who I can rest and when. I've got tons of options with these guys in my lineup, so whos playing DH/1B/2B/SS/3B will be pretty interchangeable. No real reason behind it other than that. Most everyone on the team will get some PT at DH this season.

doh

BA had zero need to sign some no-glove DH like Faz. Magana is young should be a stud. I dont see the need for them to upgrade there. The DLS signing was pretty bad and Vis at 5 years... yikes. I do like that osick decided to go for it though.
Magana should be very good but Ruiz/Faz are both better and signed for one-year deals. I guess ToGo in LF, Mouton in RF handicap that move though.

I agree about the DLS/Vis signings. Both guys are old and I think if he waited it out he could've signed them for significantly less. Or maybe gone with someone else like a Bill Harris. Different people have different philosophies on FA though. If his is "I see that guy, I need to have him" then DLS/Vis were must gets. Personally, I wait it out and got Artac/Salas/Ruiz the last sim and was happy with it.

Wolfman21

I'd try out Faz at lead off. I had him hit leadoff for a year or two because of his OBP.

I'm gonna give Childs some more time there and see if he can grow into it first. With his baserunning ratings, his contact and his avoid k...if he can just get his eye up to his potential 50, theres no reason he can't hold that spot down decently.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I dunno. I think the difference between Ruiz/Faz and Magana will be negligible. Magana being a solid defender give him flexibility too.

I know DLS and Vis were kind of must haves for him, but I do think he got both for too long. I can see both struggling in that park long-term, but they will help him this year and next.

Sometimes waiting it out works out, sometimes it doesnt. I got some decent bullpen arms on good deals early and bid @Wolfman21 up on Lippy and Fabian, who I think got overpaid.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
lol, why is Pendragon in the bullpen of your AAA squad @Mr. Madpants?

nevermind...from what i can see on the website, i'm guessing you don't have a set rotation

Thanks for the heads up. Actually I normally let the CPU set minor league rotations and lineups and my settings got blown away when OU reset my GM character.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
7. Dublin -- Rad is back, jack. But the team is still a bit away from winning. But credit to him for not tanking and actually trying to win. Guti from Istanbul is a nice start but still some big holes in the rotation. Lineup not as good as it was.

Any more sims like this and I'm going to make Yankee look like he's trying to win.

My young pitchers are in AAA, I'm Kris Bryanting them so hard right now and drunk Dubliners are close to rioting in the streets at having to watch this patchwork rotation. I'm holed up in my office in the Distillery and can hear the chants for my head echoing below in Temple Bar while I frantically repeat dial the commish office for the service time rules. Save us OU Manfred.

Schauwn

who the fu is Little Rock?

And I'm projected to win 50 games, so suck it @doh

mp2OW22pId4Os.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

His Control potential really took a dive before this. Ouch.

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2047{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 50 (65); Movement: 55 (55); Control: 30 (55).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}04/01/2047{/td}
{td=888x@}Named the #33 prospect in the WBL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2048{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 60 (70); Movement: 60 (60); Control: 30 (40).{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
MOTHERFUCKING AI put Fred Smith on the WBL roster

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

will be pissed if i cant demote him