• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Draft Thread

Wolfman21

I assume he failed to sign whoever it was because its not on his draft history and theres no player in his entire system that was selected in the 1st round of 2085

Wolfman21

source.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@goblue96 , I've been stuffed by this before. I failed to sign a first rounder and our rules dont allow compatible picks so they get erased.

Wolfman21

I thought you had to prove that you made an offer that meets their demands and that if you drafted someone that was "impossible" and they didn't sign, you were just fucked? I could be wrong though

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I thought you had to prove that you made an offer that meets their demands and that if you drafted someone that was "impossible" and they didn't sign, you were just fucked? I could be wrong though

He was made a offer in line with his demands and refused to sign.

Wolfman21

Because the autopick was a guy with 45 contact potential. It was too egregious to stand.

50 contact, 70 power with CF defense......not that egregious to me. Id honestly say he has a good shot at being a more useful player than the guy you changed it to

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
50 contact, 70 power with CF defense......not that egregious to me. Id honestly say he has a good shot at being a more useful player than the guy you changed it to

Eh, middling corner OF at best. He doesn't have the range to be good in CF. Renou with his 70's for contact/gap/k's seemed like the better option. There is no clear-cut #1 this year, though.

Wolfman21

Eh, middling corner OF at best. He doesn't have the range to be good in CF. Renou with his 70's for contact/gap/k's seemed like the better option. There is no clear-cut #1 this year, though.

Then why change it? lol. You shouldn't be changing picks for auto teams. You wanna set their lineups and shit, go for it. Changing picks at your whimsy....thats stepping outside the lines of your duty, IMO

goblue96

I believe he was impossible. I was drafting from ma’phone at the time to keep the draft moving so not 100% positive.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’ll leave it up to Karl, but I believe most people have gotten a one time comp pick for an impossible first rounder. It was a one and done thing in the past though.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have zero problem with comp picks and @goblue96 having two high 1st picks. Can someone remind me why we don't allow this? Is there a good reason?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I have zero problem with comp picks and @goblue96 having two high 1st picks. Can someone remind me why we don't allow this? Is there a good reason?

Because in shitty drafts people could just pick a guy who was impossible and basically bank that pick for the following year

Who was the player? I'm willing to give a one-time supplemental at the end of the round, but not another top-5.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Because in shitty drafts people could just pick a guy who was impossible and basically bank that pick for the following year

Who was the player? I'm willing to give a one-time supplemental at the end of the round, but not another top-5.

What about just limiting comps to one per 5 years, then it's not a problem?

goblue96

SP Silverio Heiter.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
the comps were previously one time only I believe and they got their slotted pick.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have no idea why there are rules anymore. No-one seems to care about the game, only the stupid fucking rules. Nothing, nothing nothing, boring fucking league then as soon as someone has the audacity to do something silly that deserves a bit of compassion or rule bending it's becomes sacrilege to do anything about it.

It's like a fucking fenced off monument. You can't have any fun or do anything to it and it actually does nothing but sit there with a load of fucking rules around it.