• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2089 Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Is the list of Pro International FA anywhere? It used to be in a message but that message is always blank for me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Karl Hungus you can modify that in the file settings for certain sims if you want. I think we have messages set up only for the last week or so as it is. Same with box scores.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
THANK YOU Wbl

Hall of Fame Welcomes bin Mika'il
Wednesday, January 4th, 2090
Thousands of fans braved the wind to watch and cheer as baseball's latest legend, Naif Na'Il bin Mika'il, was inducted into the Worldtopia Baseball League Hall of Fame today. With his 58 home runs, 2688 hits and lifetime .351 batting average, everyone knew the gifted first baseman belonged with the immortals of the game. Still, bin Mika'ilremained humble.

"I'm a very lucky person to be born with the skill to play baseball and through baseball I built a name for myself," said bin Mika'il. Now his career as a baseball player is complete. "This seals it," he said. "To get the recognition that every ballplayer seeks -- this is completion for me."

bin Mika'il retired at 39 in 2087. He was inducted as a member of the Dublin Distillers, earning votes from 75.0% of eligible voters. In his epic career he played in 1885 games and finished with 903 RBIs and 1258 runs scored.

doh

Drafted in the third round of the 2065 draft, only signing for $250,000... Patrick Oudin DEFIED the odds and has become a FIRST ballot HoGer.

2078 Pitching Wizard (22-3, 2.38), 4x Top 3 in Wizard, 3x wins leader, 2x ERA leader, 5x All-Star, 6x K/9 leader and 1x Loss leader (THANKS @Yankee151). Went 144-54, 3.00 in his VEGAS career.

THANK YOU PATRICK OUDIN

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Drafted in the third round of the 2065 draft, only signing for $250,000... Patrick Oudin DEFIED the odds and has become a FIRST ballot HoGer.

2078 Pitching Wizard (22-3, 2.38), 4x Top 3 in Wizard, 3x wins leader, 2x ERA leader, 5x All-Star, 6x K/9 leader and 1x Loss leader (THANKS @Yankee151). Went 144-54, 3.00 in his VEGAS career.

THANK YOU PATRICK OUDIN

I hear he requested to wear a Dublin cap in his Hall of GOATS bust

doh

I hear he requested to wear a Dublin cap in his Hall of GOATS bust
giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Wolfman21 - just noted that new Tijuana player, Morales is disliked on a national level, and on further research this is rare in OOTP, and seems to happen with a drug addiction narrative (which is also true in his case). Some fully prejudiced and unforgiving stuff here by the indie devs. He should be able to stay clean in Tijuana, as there are next to no drugs around in the city.

Wolfman21

@Wolfman21 - just noted that new Tijuana player, Morales is disliked on a national level, and on further research this is rare in OOTP, and seems to happen with a drug addiction narrative (which is also true in his case). Some fully prejudiced and unforgiving stuff here by the indie devs. He should be able to stay clean in Tijuana, as there are next to no drugs around in the city.

I had no idea. I never look at the national/local like or dislike stuff. I knew his traits weren't great, but he produced and nobody ever had an issue with him.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Wasn’t Tien Thu another one of those actively disliked guys? This remember for a while I had a whole lineup of “disliked” players when I was trying to tank after the 2059 WS run. When I outright released one guy even the shitheads were happy.

Wolfman21

Wasn’t Tien Thu another one of those actively disliked guys? This remember for a while I had a whole lineup of “disliked” players when I was trying to tank after the 2059 WS run. When I outright released one guy even the shitheads were happy.

I do remember him being somewhat of a shithead on my team.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Indy devs should improve the system imo. Would be fun if a fan favourite captain could turn into a shit head in the wrong team, or a good team could turn around a bad character.

Wolfman21

Indy devs should improve the system imo. Would be fun if a fan favourite captain could turn into a shit head in the wrong team, or a good team could turn around a bad character.

they're too busy with perfect team because it makes them money from idiots that pay for card packs. Now that MOBILE devs have it, that will only get worse. Hell, their trailer for OOTP 22 didn't even really talk about anything they were doing to the base game...mostly just perfect team

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Hegstrom was busted for PEDs. Pretty sure he is universally hated.

At one point I think I had FOUR different assholes in my minor leagues get busted for PEDs during a single season. One of those guys, if my memory is correct, was looking a legit decent CF (@doh for the curse) before he got busted and wound up not even being AAAA fodder. Has the site been updated where we can review league history yet? Would love to look back at some of those crappy teams I fielded back when I foolishly thought I could rebuild a winner on my own being an LOL p00r with a dipshit GM making bad trades with sharks like @jdlikewhoa and @Lloyd Carr.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
FA Sim number 3 transactions:

SEO signs SS Cruz
LV signs C Dursun, 1B Mora
AMD gets RF Godefroy, CF Kershaw and SS Garza
FORT inks SP England
and NDR signs SP Fogden

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Cruz might be the first IFA signing I had who made it big. I was a bit worried he'd fizzle when he was a little underwhelming at the plate in his 2nd year as a utility infielder, but he turned out to be a nice player. He wanted over $30M in extension money and I thought I could get him back for <15M if I let him go to FA. I also have some decent SS depth, though obviously not as good. I'm like a proud father seeing him go for $30M, lol.