• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Can a mod add a top 10 poll?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Oregon fans whine nonstop about how no one considers them among the sport’s elite and then brag like they just won the title because they beat a team by 3 points after a guy with dementia, former dipshit players from 30 years ago, and whatever country musician ESPN dredged up said they would lose

rgUSlkA.gif

CJ_24

Oregon fans whine nonstop about how no one considers them among the sport’s elite and then brag like they just won the title because they beat a team by 3 points after a guy with dementia, former dipshit players from 30 years ago, and whatever country musician ESPN dredged up said they would lose
Sir Nick Faldo is not a country musician

Brick

I mean, did you or did you not spend basically the entire season predicting that Oregon would lose to Utah... just like those fucking idiots?
...no. search feature isnt hard bro. said all year after georgia they would lose 2 more. and they will.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'm wayyyy too lazy to dig through all your old posts and you'd accuse me of being a sperglord if I did but here is a recent one!

lmao rising gonna throw the football over dem mountains and Lincoln Riley will prolly go for 800 yards on CROOT CORCH defense.

Mame YO

slings rocks
so Oregon beats Utah and now you're saying you never predicted that Oregon would lose to Utah, I'm somehow the crazy one in this exchange. Cool.

Brick

yes, i am saying i never did because it didn't happen. you using those breitbart manipulation tactics?

Mame YO

slings rocks

rgUSlkA.gif
I mean, we have a point about nobody taking Oregon seriously. For example, the most likely pac12 shampionship matchup is Oregon v USC, and Oregon has won the pac12 four times since it became the pac12 (most in the conference). You would expect some level of respect! According to ESPN, though, Oregon is just the "final hurdle" for USC in their march to the shampionship and a playoff berth.

Imagine rooting for a team that is consistently a favorite for the conference championship, constantly ranked in the top 5 or 10 nationally - only for literally everyone outside of the state of Oregon to cover that team like they're the Washington Generals.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I mean, we have a point about nobody taking Oregon seriously. For example, the most likely pac12 shampionship matchup is Oregon v USC, and Oregon has won the pac12 four times since it became the pac12 (most in the conference). You would expect some level of respect! According to ESPN, though, Oregon is just the "final hurdle" for USC in their march to the shampionship and a playoff berth.

Imagine rooting for a team that is consistently a favorite for the conference championship, constantly ranked in the top 5 or 10 nationally - only for literally everyone outside of the state of Oregon to cover that team like they're the Washington Generals.

So can you not read or what

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Aren’t those nouveau riche highlighter yellow bitches 4-1 vs SC in the last decade?

So you admit they're bitches, yes?

And congrats - beating up on some of the worst USC teams in its history.

For real though, @Mame YO - I do think that a lot of the disrespect that Oregon receives is residue from the decades of not just mediocrity, but actually being the conference doormat for many years. It's the flip side of the residue that USC gets where they're highly ranked even though the team isn't very good - for decades before, they were a dominant team.

If Oregon were more like say, UCLA, or Washington, or even Stanford- teams that have been strong at various times, in various eras - then they'd get more respect for what they've done over the last 25 years.

Plus the whole Nike eleventy-billion uniform combos which is, to the olds that run this sport, rather off-putting, to say the least.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
CFP rankings lol. I saw the top 6 but man, the whole top 10 or so is fucked. LSU over Clemson still doesn’t make sense. Nor does Alabama over Tennessee. Fucking boomers and SEC SEC SEC

Brick

after oregon loses to the beavs they gonna be the 5th or 6th highest ranked pac-12 team. wouldn't even make the pac playoffs!

Mame YO

slings rocks
To elaborate: their QB play and receiver core isn’t good enough to punish Oregon’s OLBs and DBs like Washington and WSU were able to. The QB is their backup and he is serviceable but he isn’t a Penix/DTR type guy, he’s a game manager. Beyond that, they don’t have enough good receivers to make Oregon pay for their nickel/dime packages (Washington, for example, had 4 good receivers which caused Oregon fits since they only have 2 serviceable corners). They have a good run game, that’s also Oregon’s defensive strength and they’ll be selling out to stop the beavs on the ground. ultimately we’re talking about an offense that will likely be pretty one dimensional - and they’ll be that way going into oregon’s defensive strength. Not a great matchup for them overall imo.

On the other side, they have a good secondary but Oregon’s passing game is explosive, even against a good secondary they will get some good downfield shots. That was true against Utah and it’ll be true against the beavs. The beaver rushing defense is statistically similar to Oregon’s rushing defense but given Oregon’s line and elite rushing attack overall along with the deep pass threat - it likely won’t be enough to stop Oregon. This is especially true if Oregon’s center returns (likely) and Nix is reincorporated into the running game (less likely).

Bottom line, Oregon wins this game by controlling the pace with their running game, with a few big passing plays. And by keeping the beavs relatively one dimensional offensively.

I guess if you’re thinking the beavs win, it’s because their (again, backup) QB has the best game of his career and forces the Ducks to play balanced defensively. If they can do that they will probably be able to run the ball. I’m sure they’ll have something worked out to try and do this, maybe they’ll try to attack the OLBs in the short passing game early on to keep the ducks from selling out for the run game.

Frankly I’m surprised that it’s a 3 point spread? Reser stadium is at like half capacity too isn’t it? It’s a rivalry game and anything can happen but the mismatch seems obvious to me to me.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I just wanted to put ma’self out there. I’ll either be vindicated and everyone will ignore it, or I’ll look like an idiot and utopia with make fun of me ruthlessly.