• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CFB Revamped

worst2first

I guess I'll uninstall everything and reinstall it for the third time. I went back over the directions and there's nothing I can find to do differently than I did the first two times I installed everything.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Do you have Discord, @worst2first? They have one for this game so you could ask people why it’s so glitchy for you or I could ask for you if you want.

worst2first

I have a theory. There are two NCAA 14 files in the directory. One is a 6.4GB zip file and the other is a 6.6GB rar file. I was using the zip file. My theory is that it was missing some files and that's why it's smaller. Maybe that's why my game had so many issues.

jdlikewhoa

To be fair, I'm not sure why there are two different versions of the NCAA14 file in the directory with the same exact name except for the file type.

Did you download two different NCAA game rips? I’m confused now. You should have a NCAA game download and the CFBRevamped file. Both are 6.something GB

worst2first

Did you download two different NCAA game rips? I’m confused now. You should have a NCAA game download and the CFBRevamped file. Both are 6.something GB

There are two different NCAA 14 files in the directory I'm using to get the game files. I was using the first one. I am trying the second one to see if perhaps that's why I experienced so many odd glitches.

NCAA Football 14 BLUS31159.zip (View Contents) 02-Mar-2021 07:36 6.4G

NCAA_Football_14_BLUS31159.rar (View Contents) 02-Mar-2021 07:48 6.6G

Schauwn

If I can figure out how to send you a large file, I'll just share the BLUS folder with you, or someone else can...but I'm doublechecking my game to make sure those are correct first

digs

sun of nothing
this a shot in the dark and might be a stupid thought, but there was different steps for patching the disc version vs the downloaded from ps3 store version. Might wanna make sure the method you're using is matching what your files are (presumably the disc version based on file name)

worst2first

Installing the PS Store version is even more complicated. I have to get PKG and license files or some shit. I'm getting close to abandoning this bullshit.

worst2first

That's not it. You have to go to the PS Store and get some files for that version to work. It did change the icon in RPS3 but I can't launch the game and I don't have access to the PS Store files to make it work.

worst2first

I'm still seeing some teams with the wrong helmets but I think it's just because they haven't finished all the teams yet and they've changed a lot of the assets. I started a dynasty with ULM and they're using the Louisiana helmets. It doesn't really bother me as everything else seems to be working and it will eventually be fixed once they've done all the teams' uniforms.

worst2first

It doesn't mess up your save that I can tell. I did get the black field glitch the first time I tried to play but I know that's corrected by restarting the game.

jdlikewhoa

giphy.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

There are so many passing concepts that I've drawn up over the years that I've had to hot route into the game or couldn't get into the game at all. So many times I had to add certain formations over others simply because one formation had a certain running play. Gotta go get a modded 360 or PC now.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Has anyone figured out how to set up the playoffs? There’s something called the CFB Playoff Utility Tool apparently?

Posting here in the middle of researching

worst2first

Let me know what you find out. I assumed it was already set up. Since I start as a coordinator on terrible teams that wasn't a huge concern for me.

I started a new dynasty to use a different set of coach-mode sliders and I'm still experiencing the conference schedule bug. Louisville, Maryland, Rutgers, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, Charlotte and the entire MAC don't have conference games. I tried taking them out of their conferences in the off season and putting them back in with a previous dynasty and that worked for most, but not all, of them.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'd appreciate it if you'd flip through the conference standings and let me know if it's a CFBR issue or something jacked up with my game in particular.

I wish CFBR had a little better documentation and communication than Twitter posts and "join our Discord".

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It’s a tool outside the game. You have to log out of the game, set up the first round and a “placeholder” game. You play the first round, log out, and then set up the SHAMPSHIP. Then log back in and play it.

I’m not sure it’s worth the effort tbh. It seems like a lot of effort for years that I’m not in the playoffs. I wonder if the mod team has any intention of building the playoffs into the game.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also how many new dynasties have you started at this point?:laughing:

I’ll be back in town soon and firing the dynasty back up. Still super anxious to land a decent HC job and build a program.

worst2first

Also how many new dynasties have you started at this point?:laughing:

I’ll be back in town soon and firing the dynasty back up. Still super anxious to land a decent HC job and build a program.

Three. Either my game was jacked up or I was playing around with sliders. I still wonder if the ones I am using are too easy but I haven't played any really good teams. I forget that sometimes, then I get to a bowl game and my team that was steamrolling turds gets blasted by some team with a 6-5 record from a much better conference.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Let me know what you find out. I assumed it was already set up. Since I start as a coordinator on terrible teams that wasn't a huge concern for me.

I started a new dynasty to use a different set of coach-mode sliders and I'm still experiencing the conference schedule bug. Louisville, Maryland, Rutgers, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, Charlotte and the entire MAC don't have conference games. I tried taking them out of their conferences in the off season and putting them back in with a previous dynasty and that worked for most, but not all, of them.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'd appreciate it if you'd flip through the conference standings and let me know if it's a CFBR issue or something jacked up with my game in particular.

I wish CFBR had a little better documentation and communication than Twitter posts and "join our Discord".

All the teams in my dynasty have a conference record