• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Nah, neither of those teams are playing those games again if they get another conference

LITTLE BROTHER

bruin

They didn’t prioritize football and now they are going to constantly be dealing with the one thing they are least equipped to handle.”

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
If you're the "Big Ten".. why you keep NW, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska? What's the point? They've already said 'fuck Geography, we want MONEY'. So why would you keep Purdue when you can poach Clemson?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
If you're the "Big Ten".. why you keep NW, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska? What's the point? They've already said 'fuck Geography, we want MONEY'. So why would you keep Purdue when you can poach Clemson?

Probably doesn't seem like it but these schools generate a good amount of revenue and have large alumni bases all over the country.

There's some disparity amongst them. Like Illinois actually doubles up on Rutgers somehow, but they're all sizeable.

Ander1345

I'm actually a little surprised by that, UW more than Oregon. Seattle Market isn't insignificant.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
To me, it seems clear they are interested in someone else. Notre Dame is a name I'm hearing. ACC teams as well. So while UW and UO aren't insignificant, they are less significant than their other targets. And I think they are willing to be patient to get who they want.

Please make B16 change their conference name!

I'm very curious if the Big XII will take any PAC teams or if the PAC will just add someone or if they'll just stay at 10. I don't see any way that they recover the finances they lose with USC/UCLA gone and whoever they could bring in. And I think the Big XII would be dumb to not try and grow to be a third super conference. But perhaps they would be willing to wait for the right ACC teams as well.

Either way, I'm anxious to see how it all plays out.

Ander1345

I think I like taking UNC/Clemson before ND and making them crawl to the B1G to learnt their lesson*

*I'm not sure what that lesson is.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I still have prolly 6-7 more years before I completely lose interest. OU moving to a new conference with a new schedule and new faces will keep me interested for a little bit.

Ander1345

So from what I gather browsing the internet and using my own galaxy brain it's obviously just that Washington and Oregon are circling O'Hare until the plane carrying Notre Dame lands.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I still have prolly 6-7 more years before I completely lose interest. OU moving to a new conference with a new schedule and new faces will keep me interested for a little bit.
But you know they will fuck the schedule up tho

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If ND wants to join the Big Ten, I'd assume they'd add them, Washington, Furd, and Oregon. All four of those have pretty good athletic departments, but the Big Ten really cares about academic partnerships. A conference with UCLA, Furd, ND, Michigan, NW, Wisconsin, Washington, Illinois, Penn State, SC and even some of the good but not amazing schools like WINDIANA, Rutgers, Maryland is absurdly strong for research and all that stuff.

I really hope they prioritize academics and add Cal over Oregon for maximum PREHM tears. They're both winning the same amount of championships anyway

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
lol the SEC doesn't give a shit about Oregon. SEC didn't come to play school so those school's academics don't matter (setting aside ASU of course, they'd fit right in if they could play footbaw)

digs

sun of nothing
lol the SEC doesn't give a shit about Oregon. SEC didn't come to play school so those school's academics don't matter (setting aside ASU of course, they'd fit right in if they could play footbaw)
You mean #1 performing academic school in the PAC last year ASU?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can we just get to the end where the SEC/B1G break off to do their NFL dev league and the rest of the schools can restructure regionally and have a more old school set up? If you take out the top 40ish teams (whatever the b1g and sec end up being) you have schools that don't have as much money, thus it would benefit them going more regional again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Cut the NDL off from the tradional leagues, let them all play each other and no one else, have their own playoff.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
As I've already said, this move totally sucks, but the Oregon fans crying about GREED is hilarious. Your PROGRUM is entirely bankrolled by a billionaire who made his money off of sweatshops and forced labor

UNIVERSITY GREED BAD THE GEAR GREED GOOD

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Probably doesn't seem like it but these schools generate a good amount of revenue and have large alumni bases all over the country.

There's some disparity amongst them. Like Illinois actually doubles up on Rutgers somehow, but they're all sizeable.
The Big Ten has essentially said 'we do not care about geography'. TV wants BRANDZ, markets and nashnul prestige.

No one in the country (outside of alums) cares about Nebraska (It ain't the 90s anymore), Iowa, Minnesota, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers ("NYC" thing is bullshit), Maryland (I guess at least they bring DMV).

So why would you even have them in your league? What's the point? Clearly no one on earth is like "Man, I gotta watch that Purdue football game!".

CJ_24

The Big Ten has essentially said 'we do not care about geography'. TV wants BRANDZ, markets and nashnul prestige.

No one in the country (outside of alums) cares about Nebraska (It ain't the 90s anymore), Iowa, Minnesota, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers ("NYC" thing is bullshit), Maryland (I guess at least they bring DMV).

So why would you even have them in your league? What's the point? Clearly no one on earth is like "Man, I gotta watch that Purdue football game!".
Academics

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
B1G makes their bread with research, aint nobody care about footbaw up north