• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Notre Dame and WVU to the ACC would be good because you’d basically have as close as you’re going to get to getting the Big East back with Pitt, WVU, Louisville, Cuse, VT, BC, Miami, and ND. Have them and all the old ACC teams plus FSU in divisions.

All the other conferences suck. Rutgers-Kansas as a Big Ten conference game lol. I don’t know what the rules are for expansion, but if they can get in over the guaranteed Iowa opposition, ISU is a good fit, especially with Campbell running the football team, but yeah, they don’t add any TV MARKETS so they’ll add Baylor instead. Just blow this shit up and have it be a NASHNUL minor league, it’s already headed there anyway.

gun2head

What would you pay to go see that? I mean, we thought it was a good deal a few years ago when we went to Champaign for the Iowa game and sat in an endzone for $8, but then we saw those same tickets for Illinois-Purdue were going for $3.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I bet those no’s become yes’s when they see how much money can be made with Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC.

I have a feeling Oklahoma and Texas have seen the numbers of a potential new Big XII TV deal and didn’t like what they saw. The issue with the Big XII is no one watches the other 8 teams in the conference. There’s a reason why some of their FB and MBB games ended up on ESPN+ this year.

No way the Big XII stays a P5 if this happens and out of the 8 left over I can only see Kansas (B1G) and West Virginia (ACC) finding a home somewhere in the now P4. Even those are 50/50 propositions at best.

This also means the PAC-12 is not expanding. PAC-12 expansion doesn’t happen with Texas end of story. No way in hell they take Big XII leftovers, BYU or Boise State just to keep up with the ACC, B1G and SEC.

I don’t think A&M changes because they know if Texas comes back, they go back to getting their ass kicked on an annual basis. Same is true with OU. They already have more money than God.

I could see programs like South Carolina or Kentucky saying no, because they already make so much money and doing this will likely move Bama and Auburn to the East and shut the door on them ever doing anything more than 6-6.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don’t think A&M changes because they know if Texas comes back, they go back to getting their ass kicked on an annual basis. Same is true with OU. They already have more money than God.

I could see programs like South Carolina or Kentucky saying no, because they already make so much money and doing this will likely move Bama and Auburn to the East and shut the door on them ever doing anything more than 6-6.

No, SC will say yes in a heartbeat because if OU/TX don't get in then Clemson is going to be knocking on that door next

I think it's either OU/TX or FSU/Clemson

Snorky's Shame

gun2head

What would you pay to go see that? I mean, we thought it was a good deal a few years ago when we went to Champaign for the Iowa game and sat in an endzone for $8, but then we saw those same tickets for Illinois-Purdue were going for $3.

It’s Illinois football you overpaid.

To be fair, you could probably get tickets for under $10 at Northwestern as well.

Snorky's Shame

Notre Dame and WVU to the ACC would be good because you’d basically have as close as you’re going to get to getting the Big East back with Pitt, WVU, Louisville, Cuse, VT, BC, Miami, and ND. Have them and all the old ACC teams plus FSU in divisions.

All the other conferences suck. Rutgers-Kansas as a Big Ten conference game lol. I don’t know what the rules are for expansion, but if they can get in over the guaranteed Iowa opposition, ISU is a good fit, especially with Campbell running the football team, but yeah, they don’t add any TV MARKETS so they’ll add Baylor instead. Just blow this shit up and have it be a NASHNUL minor league, it’s already headed there anyway.

The only other P5 Baylor has a chance at is the SEC where they become another Vanderbilt or a doormat in both major sports like they were in the Big XII before Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Texas A&M left.

I’m at the blow it up stage too.

Craig7835

I have the anime guy on ignore, so I decided to start a new thread since I can't ever find the old one.

Houston Chronicle: Texas & OU Talking with SEC

They need to stay they asses in the Big 12. They want to join so they can regain that Texas recruiting pipeline from LSU & Texas A&M

Snorky's Shame

They need to stay they asses in the Big 12. They want to join so they can regain that Texas recruiting pipeline from LSU & Texas A&M

I’m not a big recruiting guy but I’ve heard Oklahoma and Texas have been losing recruiting battles to SEC West schools for years now and the situation is getting worse.

Other than Austin, I can’t see a reason why a recruit would choose Texas over Texas A&M.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Playing in the SEC is like going to Harvard Law School, even if you aren't better than your peers in other schools you will get more opportunities because of the status of your school

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Texas A&M in the SEC has made it a little tougher for OU to recruit east and south Texas, but OU has made up for it by doing better nationally.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

Baylor to B1G is the most cursed outcome possible so it will definitely happen

Snorky's Shame

Both the Big XII and SEC have meetings scheduled for today.

Big XII asked its members to extend their TV deals for five years. Texas basically told them to fuck off.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Baylor grads not going quietly into the night

How have you not already done this? You know Texas will leave at some point after they've pillaged the land and left it barren

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Would be extremely funny if she did, though. Imagine all the work Texas has put into this scheme for it to blow up in their faces.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I thought it was the dude in the 90s that sat down the chancellors and basically told them if they left Baylor and Tech out of the dance he wouldn't approve any of their budgets moving forward.

Also TIL this baylor guy can't even propose this bill (even if he did have support) until 2023 anyway lmao. Texas is fun.

Abbot is from UT right? Back to being DONE DEAL

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I thought it was the dude in the 90s that sat down the chancellors and basically told them if they left Baylor and Tech out of the dance he wouldn't approve any of their budgets moving forward.

Chairman of the appropriations committee, I think. Everyone knew then that Richards and her staff were putting the heat on for Baylor to not be left behind. I think Texas dems have tried to minimize Richards role in all this so they could show how they were all about good government and not wasting time on such unimportant stuff.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We need to just fake it until we make it. Buy some old ACC patches from EBay and stitch them over our XII logos. Then just show up at random ACC teams' fields in the Saturdays this fall, "Yes hi we are here to play the ACC footballs."

Just think, if you had any sort of academic standard at all you'd be in the ACC right now

Renegade

Charge on!
Chairman of the appropriations committee, I think. Everyone knew then that Richards and her staff were putting the heat on for Baylor to not be left behind. I think Texas dems have tried to minimize Richards role in all this so they could show how they were all about good government and not wasting time on such unimportant stuff.

The Lt. Gov., who controls a bunch of that stuff. The current one is a UMBC guy, so no power broker for Tech or Baylor this time.

Snorky's Shame

4th-6th place in the SEC West with a lot more money is better than 4th-6th place in the Big 12, haha.

Probably more than 1st or 2nd place in the Big XII as well.

Also there’s no way the PAC-12 is taking any of the remaining schools.

If PAC-12 hasn’t taken Brigham Young after all these years, what makes you think they’re taking Baylor and Texas Christian?

Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and West Virginia are too far away and don’t bring enough to the table to justify the expense.

Oklahoma State and Texas Tech don’t bring enough to the table and I don’t think the 4 California schools and Washington want to be associated with them academically.

Seen too many people thinking the PAC-12 needs to go to 16. No need if those are the options.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Pac-12 has all but given up on being relevant in football. They're dead in the water and they seem fine with it. A few of the schools less focused on book learnin' could break away but that's still a lot of travel if they link up with what's left of the Big 12 or anyone else east of the Rockies.

Unless the Big Ten or ACC come calling for Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech, West Virginia, or Oklahoma State, the Big 12 remnants should snag the best of the G6. Playoff expansion would keep them from being completely left behind as well.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Pac-12 has all but given up on being relevant in football. They're dead in the water and they seem fine with it. A few of the schools less focused on book learnin' could break away but that's still a lot of travel if they link up with what's left of the Big 12 or anyone else east of the Rockies.

Unless the Big Ten or ACC come calling for Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech, West Virginia, or Oklahoma State, the Big 12 remnants should snag the best of the G6. Playoff expansion would keep them from being completely left behind as well.
I saw an expansion plan for the Big XII and it doesn’t look half bad. Who knows if they can swing it

Snorky's Shame

Long term, I’d worry about a sport where the Northeast and West Coast don’t care about it. I mean the Northeast already doesn’t give a shit (I’d add Chicago too, to be honest) the West Coast not caring doesn’t look good to advertisers and the like.