• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I cheer for Oklahoma State when they're not playing OU, and I would love it if they found their way into the SEC in the future. I'm just not going to be broken up about Bedlam taking a hiatus.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I cheer for Oklahoma State when they're not playing OU, and I would love it if they found their way into the SEC in the future. I'm just not going to be broken up about Bedlam taking a hiatus.

Better than the guy I used to work with who said "this is OU country and it always will be" when I wore an OSU shirt on a friday. Even if it's true it still hurts

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If I weren't engaged to an OSU grad I might feel differently, but I'd still rather see them have success than Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M, or Arkansas.

Doesn't mean I don't laugh at them when they lose, but I also laugh at OU when they lose, so :dunno:

Mame YO

slings rocks
Pac12 dude on clownzano said that it made better financial sense for ucla to stay in the pac because of travel costs. Somehow that just sounds like motivation for the B1G to bring in a few more west coast teams and make a west division than it is a reason for UCLA to stay in the pac lol. These guys are fucking morons. Let’s just hope that nobody comes to save them and the pac just dies. I didn’t want to see it but just let it happen and move on.

Snorky's Shame

Depends on where you sit. Miami-Syracuse and Miami-West Vriginia are not on that list even though to me, as Hurricane fan watching those games, they were Big East rivals because of the competitive games they had (whereas Rutgers was not, for obvious reasons).
Colorado and Colorado State should play every year. The sport is regional, why would the two biggest schools in the state not play each other every year.

Still shocked Miami-Syracuse wasn’t made a permanent game by the ACC. Fun game in the 90’s.

Snorky's Shame

Fuck it. Just take the P5 out of FBS and just start a new division.

Big East: Boston College, Central Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

ACC: Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina, Virginia, Wake Forest

SEC: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

B1G: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big 8/12: Brigham Young, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Utah

SWC: Arkansas, Baylor, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, Memphis or Southern Methodist, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Christian, Texas Tech

PAC-10: Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Southern California, UCLA, Washington, Washington State

9 conference games, 3 non-conference

Conference winners + 1 wild card in the playoff

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Oregon to the B1G lmao

If the B1G adds anyone it's Notre Lame and maybe Furd or Cal to make an even number. I don't think Washington or Oregon really has much of a chance.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
I can live with the Big 12 but I'd prefer the Big 10. If Oregon goes to the Big 12 they're probably a perennial conference title contender, which would put them in a similar position as they have been in the pac since 08 or so. I suppose that's fine. Not that it matters anymore, but the Big 10 just makes more sense to me to me from a shared history sort of perspective re: the Rose Bowl and whatnot.

coogrfan

“A pro rata clause is expected to be included in the Big 12’s extension with its network partners, multiple conference sources said, which would aid the conference if it pursues additional members,” The Athletic’s Max Olson and Matt Fortuna wrote.

So...RIP Pac 12?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

“A pro rata clause is expected to be included in the Big 12’s extension with its network partners, multiple conference sources said, which would aid the conference if it pursues additional members,” The Athletic’s Max Olson and Matt Fortuna wrote.

So...RIP Pac 12?

Heading down the road to 3 conferences, plus whatever the group of 5 becomes

Mame YO

slings rocks
San Jose State to the pac is a done deal, per sources. Not clownzano’s sources.

ma’guy was wrong about the ducks corch hire doe so idk.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
The remaining football members of the Atlantic Sun and WAC have agreed to align to form the foundation of a 10-member football-only conference, sources told ESPN, with the intention of becoming the 11th FBS conference.

Sources said the founding documents for the league state the group intends to move "from what is currently known as FCS football to what is currently known as FBS football at the earliest practicable date."

The schools that have signed on to join the league are WAC football members Stephen F. Austin, Abilene Christian, Utah Tech, Southern Utah and Tarleton State and Atlantic Sun football members Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Central Arkansas and North Alabama.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Did you see UCLA is going to have to pay a subsidy to Cal?

The board also recommended UCLA pay the Berkeley campus a one-time payment of $2 to $5 million, depending on the end result of the Pac-12's ongoing media rights negotiation, to stabilize student-athlete support on its sister campus.

After putting it to a vote in the open session, the ceiling of the Berkeley subsidy was bumped up to $10 million.

https://www.si.com/college/ucla/new...m-pac-12-to-big-ten-impose-tax-to-support-cal

Hell, Mark Harmon could write a check to cover that right now.