• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dr. Pepper presents Shampship Week

Carolina Blue

Charlotte bound on Friday. I'm still trying to keep my expectations low, but that's not an easy thing to do at this point. What a fun season this has been.

Wooly

So stupid. Spread dat shit out.

Pac-12 Ship at 12:30

SEC 2:00

B1G
ACC 5:00

Not that hard.
Yeah, but Fox wants to compete on the same time slot, and ESPN doubles up to make sure at least one game is a ratings win. That is how you get three at almost the same time.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Good lord, the ACC's bowl ties are god awful. I just saw that if UNC loses, they'll likely be headed to the fucking Russell Athletic Bowl.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Is it just me, or does anyone else think these championship games are going to be shitty? The only one that I'm interested in, really, is the Big Ten championship. I don't really care about the Pac-12 game, and expect the others to be blowouts. Of course, if Clemson decides to Clemson, that would up my interest.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I will laugh my ballz off if Clemson Clemsonings. I rewatched the beginning of the FSU game yesterday. God damn we had them on the ropes early. That interception Maguire threw in the red zone changed the game. If we go up 17-3 in the first qtr I am not sure Clemson stays in the game. After Cooks second long run Dabo had this look of "oh fuck us, this shit is happening again". A look of total bewilderment.

Anyways I will cheer for them if they get past UNC. Be nice if the ACC can take the last 2 of 3 national championships. AAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Good lord, the ACC's bowl ties are god awful. I just saw that if UNC loses, they'll likely be headed to the fucking Russell Athletic Bowl.
Right. And the 4th place team in the Big Ten will be in the Citrus Bowl. 6th place will get the Holiday BOWL.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Disappointing that I have to cheer for Clemson and dipshit Dabo this weekend.

Carolina Blue

Right. And the 4th place team in the Big Ten will be in the Citrus Bowl. 6th place will get the Holiday BOWL.

Seriously. I'd much rather go to Nashville, but instead our great season could earn a trip to Orlando should we lose the shampship. Cool. Then again, Orlando beats El Paso, Detroit, Jacksonville, and Shreveport. So bad.

The freaking American has tie-ins to Boca, Hawaii, Miami, Ft. Worth, New Orleans, and the Bahamas, among others.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Nutopians,

Good luck and chance to all of the street fighters, the street fighting men of the Conference Championship Week participants. May the fates and the CFP Horsemen of the Footballpocalyse be on your side.

fDRGwF.png

wQBsIV.png

GPCBBP.png

3V3n2B.png

LWAd0B.jpg

d0qmwn.png

9i14Pq.png

0Ln1Bo.png

M7xCtv.png

Signed,

The Hachiko.

P.S. Pass the popcorn. :grin:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Dear Nutopians,

Good luck and chance to all of the street fighters, the street fighting men of the Conference Championship Week participants. May the fates and the CFP Horsemen of the Footballpocalyse be on your side.

M7xCtv.png

Signed,

The Hachiko.

P.S. Pass the popcorn. :grin:

Sorry to rain on your parade Chiko Suave, but this SWAC championship pic is wildly inaccurate. I know there are no opaques in Anime, but let's try being a little more progressive, shall we?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
ROW THE DAMN BOAT TO NASSAU!

“We’re thrilled to be going to the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl and to play against an ELITE Middle Tennessee State team,” WMU coach P.J. Fleck said in a released statement. “It is an ELITE reward for our players and staff for all the work they’ve done. We continue to accomplish 'nevers' in our program as this is the first time in program history we’ve gone to bowl games in consecutive seasons. With ELITE preparation and execution we hope to also earn our first bowl victory in program history.”

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Sorry to rain on your parade Chiko Suave, but this SWAC championship pic is wildly inaccurate. I know there are no opaques in Anime, but let's try being a little more progressive, shall we?
5fl90r.png

Hey, you said progressive, right?

Last edited:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
App State accepts bid to Camellia Bowl in Montgomery. What a way to reward a potentially 10 win team, by going to Alabama.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
App State accepts bid to Camellia Bowl in Montgomery. What a way to reward a potentially 10 win team, by going to Alabama.
What are the other Sun Belt tie ins? I know the Champ goes to New Orleans, but i dont know much else.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
#2 goes to Orlando. Georgia Southern got that one even though App beat them.

The fourth bowl is in Bammer also

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
#2 goes to Orlando. Georgia Southern got that one even though App beat them.

The fourth bowl is in Bammer also
You sure about that? I saw that Georgia Southern took the GoDaddy Bowl.

Espn article says that Georgia State and South Alabama can get a spot in the cure bowl and the Arizona Bowl with wins.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I'm pretty sure that one is in Orlando

Never mind, that one is in Mobile. It's all shit.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I would take Tucson in a heartbeat. Could drive there. Fuck these Bammer bowls, why do they have more esteem?

Bdub

Pac 12 has some really bad bowls as well. Utah probably going to fucking El Paso in the Sun Bowl. Outside of the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl everything is in awful locals.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Pac 12 has some really bad bowls as well. Utah probably going to fucking El Paso in the Sun Bowl. Outside of the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl everything is in awful locals.

Larry Scott did a great job creating the PAC-12 Network but a shitty job in bowl tie-ins.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Alamo, Las Vegas, and Foster Farms (terrible name but still) are in good locations.

Bdub

Alamo, Las Vegas, and Foster Farms (terrible name but still) are in good locations.
San Antonio is meh and the bay area in January isn't all that special. Vegas is a good destination but who wants to go see your team play a mountain west team.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I feel like I would rather go to San Francisco than Orlando or Jacksonville or something though.

Brick

holiday bowl sucks now, yeah. used to be a great game. no one wants to play in the shitty alamodome. masoli was the most fun qb to watch at oregon imo.

DanishDonut0

holiday bowl sucks now, yeah. used to be a great game. no one wants to play in the shitty alamodome. masoli was the most fun qb to watch at oregon imo.

Most fun and frustrating at the same time. Do not miss watching him throw screen passes into the ground. I'll never forget that Stanford game in 08. Absolute shit weather, by half time near half the stadium had gone home. Lower levels of the stands were actually flooding. We looked awful all game (most of the season really) but for some reason a friend and I stayed to witness Masoli lead a 2 minute game winning drive mid-monsoon. I was absolutely shocked. I mean look at that first pass of the drive lawwwwd.

That's kind of what started it all.

edit: embed didn't really work but you can start at 2:09