• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dr. Sad presents Week 2 2015

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
TV Schedule

Rutgers Mike's game of the Week - Oregon at Michigan State

Other Games to watch

Oregon State at Michigan
Washington State at Rutgers
Oklahoma at Tennessee
and then a trio of good games for the night owls
LSU at Mississippi State
Boise State at BYU
UCF at Stanford

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 How is CSU going to pull off a dramatic win and send Minnesota's season into a tailspin of disappointment?

I don't watch this plebe sport.

That being said, CSU played a cupcake in week 1 and was barely tested, while Minnesota had an actual challenge. I expect Minnesota to win easily because of that. CSU has a new coaching staff and a new QB and I expect to see them struggle early in the season against real opponents. The best offensive player is a WR and that's tough when you've got a new QB. CSU's defense actually might be pretty good this season doe.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I think it'll be close but Minnesota's D will force a couple of turnovers that will make the difference. Should be a good game though.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What do you'll think of the Oregon State - Michigan game? I expect this to be a fairly easy win for Michigan, given new coaching staff, freshman QB, and Oregon State really struggling against Weber State. I figure if Rudock can only throw 2 INTs this time out, Michigan should be good.

Brick

LSU @ Mississippi State is the most interesting game, to me. MSU emasculated LSU at home last year, and the Tigers didn't get to play on Saturday.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
What do you'll think of the Oregon State - Michigan game? I expect this to be a fairly easy win for Michigan, given new coaching staff, freshman QB, and Oregon State really struggling against Weber State. I figure if Rudock can only throw 2 INTs this time out, Michigan should be good.
Sounds about right to me. I don't know much about Oregon State or Weber State, but I see the Beavers' QBs combined were 12 of 22 for 110 yards. Not gonna get much done offensively averaging 5 ypa. Ran the ball okay doe. To be fair, Michigan should beat Oregon State just based on talent most years.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Their quarterback is mobile, which scares me. But Michigan's defense is pretty good and should be able to handle that. I do have nightmares of QBs like Juice Williams running riot over Michigan, though, so you never know.

Brick

I think that team takes the cake for biggest underachiever ever? Henne and Hart? I mean they offered up no resistance in that game whatsoever.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think that team takes the cake for biggest underachiever ever? Henne and Hart? I mean they offered up no resistance in that game whatsoever.

I think you could nominate any number of Michigan teams since 1969 for that honor, to be honest.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lol @ that retarded statue of liberty QB read nonsense starting about 0:40. It works with the give AND the QB keep version of it the very next play. Slowest developing play ever... How did that remotely worK? Michigan defenders just stood there completely dumbfounded when the qb put the ball behind his back. WHERE DA BALL GO? Looked like a bunch of Labrador retrievers when you fake throw their ball. Then to add insult to injury, the tackling was piss poor too.

I bet the corches were pissing themselves laughing at that in the film room the next day.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Michigan d-line had never encountered a cut block before that game either, apparently. That entire video the whole D-line is laying on the ground holding their knees.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Haha the best tackle by Michigans defense happened by accident. At the 1:30 mark a Michigan defender after getting owned down field with his back to the RB was trying to get up and accidentally tackled the RB by getting in the way.
That sign "Anybody But Carr" is another reminder to be careful for what you wish.

The Vols, Huskers, and Miami come to my mind.

With UGA on deck waiting to bat by kicking out Richt.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Not with those 7 national titles.

Also this:

downloader.php

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Those mascots vs pee wee footbaw player deals are so strange to me. Parents are so stressed CTE/concussions that if their kid so much as gets looked at wrong during a game they're freaking out, but for the most part those kids just sort of toddle into eachother and then harmlessly tip over.... but then you sign them up to play a grown man in a mascot suit and everyone laughs when the kids get smoked by some former HS football tard trying to re-live his glory days?

If I was the corch of this pee wee team, I would go over there and ham it up by "pretend fighting" this mascot, but I'd actually be giving him real rabbit punches to the kidneys the whole time.
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/nuggets-mascot-excels-at-taunting-children-1728662917

Brick

Apparently Texas thinks it's smart to hand over play calling duties to Jay Fucking Norvell. I'm convinced Oklahoma and Texas are tanking their programs on purpose. I mean that dude has a track record of being terrible. I'll never understand it. Maybe they'll fire him and hire Andy Ludwig away from whatever team he's ruining now.

Brick

DeadMan I keep forgetting Oregon State has Baldwin as OC. That only would worry me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
DeadMan I keep forgetting Oregon State has Baldwin as OC. That only would worry me.

If it weren't the second game, that would worry me a lot more. Also, Michigan spent all of Baldwin's tenure at MSU owning MSU.

bruin

almost choked on my turkey sandwich today reading Strong handed over play calling duties to Jay Norvell.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Also since the Pirate has proven up to this point that he can't get it fucking done at Wazzu, Texas should use their Scrooge McDuck money to buy him out and bring him in at OC. Imagine the chaos.

IMAGINE A MIKE LEACH OFFENSE WITH TEXAS RESOURCES/RECRUITS.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Apparently Texas thinks it's smart to hand over play calling duties to Jay Fucking Norvell. I'm convinced Oklahoma and Texas are tanking their programs on purpose. I mean that dude has a track record of being terrible. I'll never understand it. Maybe they'll fire him and hire Andy Ludwig away from whatever team he's ruining now.

saban to OU done deal

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Brasky going to get fat on a cupcake this week. Hopefully it's not a repeat of McNeese state and we can all rest easy and get prepped for Miami in a week. Tommy Armstrong looked pretty well when he had time to throw but the OL needs to improve substantially or else the season could be a real downer. Apparently the OL couch is sticking with the 5 guys who started last week. He also didn't sub out in other OL for the duration of the game which seems odd...Armstrong looked capable but trying to win without a running game is going to prove to be a disaster. Defense showed signs of improvement as the game wore on. It was nice to see what looked like real, live adjustments when adversity hit. Presumably, the last year's squad would have melted-down in hilariously embarrassing fashion.

Carolina Blue

TCU lost linebacker Sammy Douglas for the season, and it sounds like James McFarland might be done as well. Additionally, freshman linebacker Mike Freeze has taken a sudden "personal leave of absence" for an unknown reason. Not good for an already inexperienced defense.

Also since the Pirate has proven up to this point that he can't get it fucking done at Wazzu, Texas should use their Scrooge McDuck money to buy him out and bring him in at OC. Imagine the chaos.

IMAGINE A MIKE LEACH OFFENSE WITH TEXAS RESOURCES/RECRUITS.

I'm kind of wondering at this point, has Leach's time passed? 5 years ago his offense was edgy and ahead of the curve, but in today's CFB it's rather ordinary, and he kind of just comes off as a surly douche bag.

bruin

I'm kind of wondering at this point, has Leach's time passed? 5 years ago his offense was edgy and ahead of the curve, but in today's CFB it's rather ordinary, and he kind of just comes off as a surly douche bag.

I said in the Hot Seat thread a month or two back this was a make or break season for Leach.

maybe they can pull out some wins with the North looking meh (only week 1). Wazzu has to go bowling.

Iron

Oregon is a underdog for the first time since 2011 this week, when they were 3 pt underdogs to Stanford in 2011 (won the game 54-30).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Michigan will be fine, Oregon State's offense is not even close to good enough to score a bunch on Michigan's defense and Michigan should be able to run the ball with enough success to be solid offensively. I don't think it'll a blowout or anything but it should be a comfortable 10-14 point win.

PSUEagle

I know it's fashionable to make fun of Hackenberg as an NFL prospect here, but in his defense he's in an absolutely horrible situation right now. In his freshman year he had the luxury of playing behind four seniors on the OL with a fantastic offensive coach developing him: now he has the worst OL of any BCS team by far along with a clown show of an offensive coaching staff. Based on what he did in 2013 and the growth curve usually exhibited, he looked like the real deal. Now though, his absolute best case is to go late 1st based on his potential, similar to guys like JP Losman in the last decade that didn't light it up in college. Really, I suspect he'll end up as a mid rounder.

If you need a QB this year, you're fucked IMO. The best may end up being that big retard at Ohio State: he had some really impressive throws against VT and could be a Cam Newton type before the year's out.