• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 16: Every game is a draw

worst2first

To be fair, the first yellow I got in that game was a completely intentional reckless take down. Maybe the ref just wasn't having any more of my bullshit.

kingssc

One thing we talked about last night WRT to fouling is that it would be interesting if they turned the yellow cards WAY up in Seasons and Pro Clubs mode so that fouling was actually more punitive. Something like 3/4 of all fouls being yellow cards would actually make people play more realistically - only taking fouls they really need to, or complete accidents, rather than the hack fest it is now since fouling is beneficial almost every time.

I think I'd rather have that over the "realistic" card distribution.
My tackle % (and Turkey rating) would definitely drop if I didn't have free reign to commit fouls, so I'm opposed to this

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Seasons is so fucking dumb. Just played a game with 3 penalties.

chibob

Game needs a patch.

Every year it does.

It will either be great after that or we will all jump to PES.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I've found the solution to terrible seasons mode: do nothing but pass to Benteke.

He gives 0 shits about your terrible goalie throws

He works as a wonderful target man around which your entire offense can flow

mcnoles

200.gif

mcnoles

Just start Fifa 16.

The first thing I notice the neon blue color (that's the color right?) in the background.

Is EA serious with that BS?

Can I change the color? If not.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sois

I FINALLY WON A GAME!!!! I went back and did my goal challenge against the CPU to remember how to fucking shoot and it really helped. I beat some terrible player 5-0 but I don't even care if he was terrible, I won and I scored goals. I had been losing to people far worse than him.

I thank my boy KRASI for teaching me this move @kella it doesn't always work because I still kind of suck at the timing, but it does give a FAST change of direction, which is really what I've been looking for. Most people are aware of the fake shot and other cutback manuevers to the point that while they might be somewhat effective to beat the first man, they are slow enough that most people can bring a second defender to block a shot. With this move, you exit the animation faster and can actually cause some havoc. I actually scored 3 goals using this technique (2 of them were slop rebounds when the keeper saved my limp dick shots, but still I was getting into good spots!). Anyway, it was really nice because this is the first time I've panicked a player into that "constant dive in" mode

Here is the clean goal using the move:

Here is one of the slop goals (the other was basically the same, but a defender blocked the first shot). This guy has low pace/dribbling stats so it doesn't look as nice as the first dude who is a little quicker on the ball, but I still had this trog falling all over hisself.

Then this goal, because when it rains it pours. I fuck up the in the box pass and overcook the pass so it goes to the wrong guy. Instead of just clearing the ball, this dude decides to try to pass it forward and the over powered interceptions benefit me. Then I HIT AND HOPE @chibob. I swear I've hit the crossbar with long shots 100 times in online games this season but this is the first that has gone in.

Krasi is cool

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Tuner pack addresses absolutely nothing about what makes Seasons such a bitch this year

General issues addressed

• Issues with goalkeeper rushing, positioning fixed and overall artificial intelligence enhanced.
  • Gamers would notice improved overall goalkeeping skills.
  • Player wage aspect Career Mode addressed and made more accurate.
  • Fixed issues with respect to referee clashes.
  • Problems with Virtual Pro leaderboards addressed.
  • Fixed issues that resulted in referees incorrectly declaring goals.
  • Fifa trainer functionality has been fine tuned.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums fixed.
FUT-specific issues corrected include:

• Players belonging to EA Sports Football Club Shared Squads not displayed in multiple menus fixed.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining to previous price settings fixed.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable resolved.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit resolved.
  • Problems with assigning names, to favourite clubs by returning players addressed.
  • Controller getting disconnected in FUT mode fixed.

Most fixes for sperg mode

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I actually think the keepers are perfectly fine. They've cut way down on the near post bullshit already from 15 to 16.

I think this is one of those things, kinda like NFL officiating, where fixing certain issues simply admits they were fucked up in the first place and they won't do it thanks to egos.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, I frankly don't want the keepers to be "better" because it will reduce the small amount of legit goals I score, ha ha.

chibob

Yeah, I frankly don't want the keepers to be "better" because it will reduce the small amount of legit goals I score, ha ha.

Start using finesse.

I have scored so many goals which I shouldn't score with finesse. The old double tap shot which meant you just rolled it past the keeper doesnt work anymore so finesse is how I score 90% of my goals. Sissoko on the edge of the box FTW!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It was never double tap. It was just tapping. The 2nd tap overrided the first, and as long as it was also just a short tap, results in a rolling shot.

Your country invented this, bob, keep up!

But yeah, finesse shots are back. I'm not sure if they're OP or not, but at least they are finally effective again.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Chibob, ur agreeing with me. I currently use the finesse and I'm happy it works at the rate it does. If you leave me an open shot from the top of the box I should be able to curl it in a reasonable amount of the time in a way a keeper can't save it.

I'm worried now that they've "FIXED" the GKs that they'll overdo it in classic EA fashion and the finesse shots won't work anymore.

chibob

Chibob, ur agreeing with me. I currently use the finesse and I'm happy it works at the rate it does. If you leave me an open shot from the top of the box I should be able to curl it in a reasonable amount of the time in a way a keeper can't save it.

I'm worried now that they've "FIXED" the GKs that they'll overdo it in classic EA fashion and the finesse shots won't work anymore.

It was never double tap. It was just tapping. The 2nd tap overrided the first, and as long as it was also just a short tap, results in a rolling shot.

Your country invented this, bob, keep up!

But yeah, finesse shots are back. I'm not sure if they're OP or not, but at least they are finally effective again.

Double tap is real! ....Whatever it is/was, it worked a dream.

And yeh I think they will eventually patch the finesse because so far im doing it with scrub players. Imagine if you actually did it with someone who has a high long shot rating.

mcnoles

This is my first time doing video editing. It is not perfect, but will try to get better at it.

Check out the goals I have scored so far.:thumbsup:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I love when the "FIFA 16 Play Beautiful" ad banners are up during some horrendous PHYZICKKZ cluster fuck that results in a goal.

The other night Thea asked my why I kept muttering "FIFA 16... Play Beautiful... indeed"

sois

I kicked the shit out of some guy in div 5 yesterday 10-1. it was the best moment of my life

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Walmart has this for $30 so I picked it up. I've liked the demo even if its not the greatest and I'm terrible, and they have patched it so it plays different. I downloaded the free PES and couldn't get past the GK being a ginormous hole of a human.

I'm up for some games if anyone still plays it. PS4.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Gameplay updates to address the 4 major things I had a problem with in this year's game?

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-title-update

• Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
  • Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
  • Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
  • Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
  • Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.

wtf%20(2).gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Played 2 season games. No noticeable change. Game is still trash. Back to nhl. Viva Los trappers, fuck the turkeys

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oh and in one of the games I scored on a 35 yard shot by...Mikel San Jose? Lol. And won it 4-1. Just feels so tired.

NML

I got FIFA 15 on my new pc and downloaded a gameplay mod and some other updates. Definitely the best soccer game ever. Plays so realistic.

guardman23

I've figured out you have to to grab somebody from the back side an play real good user stick skills on defense at least then on offense its all about the read on the goalie an you can sometimes get a header or an through ball shot maybe 16 won't be different 15 is fun now