• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 17

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@chibob this is where we post our trog stuff.

After I finish with the porto-geese, I'm going to try this trog squad

29323750084_94446dd206_b.jpg

NML

I made a shitty squad of the free players that you can't sell to be my fitness squad. I'm thinking I'll rotate the reserves of my first team and can climb the seasons ladder vs CPU.

Will probably make a 7.5k coin gold squad to make some early coins before I commit to a team/style. Interested to see how it plays before I do that.

chibob

Capturefut.PNG

All about the pace and strength - ill improve this team as I get more coinage. But for now im pretty happy with it.

Baal and Monnet are going to cause some people some serious problems. I love beating guys who've spent a small fortune on the likes of Ramos, Ozil and Bale with this team of bargain bucket players. Think the most expensive was Mangala at 2k.

chibob

I also feel like they nerfed the distribution of speed this year, very few players seem to have speed in the 90s.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Alright, I officially finished up my first PROFIT SQUAD. For anyone interested, my method on this is to buy two complete squads of cheap non-rare gold players and then alternate games with them so they don't get tired. Play 6 games with each set (12 total) and then sell them for as much as I can when they have 1 contract remaining (since nobody checks this). Using the 1,000 coin/game EA FC boost is key to making money. I had a couple of injuries so I won't be able to sell some of these guys on until I give them time to heal. If they aren't selling for much more than their quicksell amounts then I might just quick sell them.

Here's the first half of the squad:
29908582051_2c09c86f43_b.jpg

Here's the second half of the squad:
29991754135_8ece1e4399_b.jpg

Squad link if you want to look around a little more:
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=Y8vUPB0NnMiZh:FFA17PS4

SQUAD STATS
Match coins in 12 games = 19,977 (1,648 per game average)

MVP = Eder (ST) the leading scorer for the team with 6 goals and an assist in 6 games. He made good use of the new "shield" mechanic and was fun to play with for a non-rare gold. A bit ungainly with the ball, otherwise he probably would have had about 10 goals, but what can you expect from a cheap player?

Notable Player = Bruno Fernandes (CM) 4 goals and 3 assists in 6 games, didn't score any long distance goals, but his offensive runs enabled him to pop up free in the box regularly and then he was nifty enough on the ball to not fuck it up when he did get a chance.

Notable Player = Pele (CDM) who had 4 assists in 6 games and was a general BTT at the CDM spot

Disappointment = Vieirinha (RM) was the reason I built this squad, as he was the best player I received in a welcome pack. He only scored 1 goal and had 2 assists and was generally just underwhelming with his play. I liked the other wing players better.

Total Squad Profit = 24,879

[xtable=skin1|793x829]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=116x@}Player{/td}
{td=72x@}Position{/td}
{td=82x@}Bought For{/td}
{td=82x@}Sold For{/td}
{td=172x@}Notes{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jose Sa{/td}
{td}GK{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Beto{/td}
{td}GK{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ruben Vezo{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ricardo Ferreira{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Paulo Oliveira{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}750{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Luis Neto{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ruben Ferreira{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}319{/td}
{td}Injured - Quick sold{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Raphael Guerreiro{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}1700{/td}
{td}First Owner{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joao Pereira{/td}
{td}RB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}First Owner - Untradeable{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Andre Almeida{/td}
{td}RB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}950{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ruben Neves{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}300{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Pele{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sergio Oliveira{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tarantini{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bruno Fernandes{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Andre Horta{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Varela{/td}
{td}LW{/td}
{td}300{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Marco Matias{/td}
{td}LW{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}First Owner - Untradeable{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vieirinha{/td}
{td}RM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}950{/td}
{td}First Owner{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Marcos Lopes{/td}
{td}RW{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eder{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Wilson Eduardo{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}300{/td}
{td}315{/td}
{td}Injured - Quick sold{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}SUM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} 6,150{/td}
{td} 11,634{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Post Tax Profit{/td}
{td} 4,902{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
yeah, I did a few of the cheap ones and got shitty pack luck in the payouts. Seems a fuckin complicated way to spend coins on packs and untradeable items.

On the plus side, my Portuguese League players are all going to sell for a good bit more than the $350 coins because they are used in an SBC right now.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Curious as to what your end goal is travis? If there is one, or you just enjoy doing this stuff?

Well at this point EA supports this game mode more than any other from a competitive H2H perspective, so that's pretty cool. Daily knockout tournaments to gain entry into weekend CHAMPION tournaments which then gain you entry into actual e-sports competitions if that's your thing. I get bored playing the regular seasons modes with real teams after a while because you come up against the same handful of teams at each level (RM at 5 stars, Mexican team du jour at 3-4 stars, etc). With ultimate team you might come up against similar archetypes of teams but they are all at least a little different. Furthermore, as the year goes on EA changes entry requirements for the tournaments so you'll have a tournament where all the players have to be from the same league or nation or whatever. Then each week you can play against the Team of the Week for bonus coins, etc.

Beyond that it is just the same thing that makes people enjoy any collectible card game, sperging! I love to sperge! It is fun to build up from a crappy team to a team with players you like. I like buying IN FORM cards of players I like (bought my first yesterday, a Napoli player since I really liked Napoli when I visited this summer). EA added some new things like squad building challenges that I'm sure I'll enjoy when I get bored of the game.

I don't sell my coins anymore because after EA was in a lot of hot water over allegations that this game mode promotes gambling (packs are just like a pull on the ol' slot machine handle and kids spend thousands of their parents money on this shit) so they cracked down on coin sellers so now you can officially get ur account banned of you get caught. Because buying coins straight up was a problem, not EA's scratch ticket being sold to kids business model? HMMMM HOW CONVENIENT.

It is unlikely that anyone at an individual level would get banned, but I'm too old to deal with having an account banned, lol. Before that I did sell most of my coins around Christmas every year (a peak value time for Squiggly vs Coin exchange rate). The year coin sellers really got started (Fifa 13?) 100k coins sold for 15 squiggly things and I had millions and millions of coins that year.... I created a paypall account for @Travis7401SUCKSDICK that wasn't linked to any of my actual information... and to my surprise the coin sellers actually paid up. After laundering that money I had enough to buy the new versions of FIFA for several years and to pay for a couple years of the forum software for nutopia after I ruined the old site. The slush fund from my FUT coin sales actually just ran out last year, lol. Sorry @Irishman no more FUT money will be laundered for you.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My Trogs team is SO UNBELIEVABLY SLOW. I came up against an MLS silver team with guys of 90+ pace everywhere, what a horrible matchup for my trogs :laughing: Was pretty pleased to only lose by one goal. The puber was shook enough that he was passing the ball around his own half trying to waste time with his 1 goal lead late in the second half. A real pyric victory given the pace differential in our teams

Shielding the ball is so ridiculously fun this year. I think it is the best change to allow slower buildup in years. Pace still rules everything, but at least pubers can't just clatter into my players and win the ball back instantly. It is super fun to just tun the ball away as they go sprinting past like a bull going after the red cape. To bad I'm old and I suck too much to be any good, because this would have been a good year for the Target Man type vidya soccer I enjoy.

NML

In clubs two nights ago, I had a breakaway with a defender running side by side with my trog target man striker. L2-ed when came for the tackle and Jackie Moon completely bossed him off the ball and I placed it in the corner.

Gon try ur two team method with Eredivise. I'm at 30k, so a 20k profit for a day of work would set me up pretty well to buy a TOTW for next week. Do you still think that method will work?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'd buy a player from TOTW1 if you can. It isn't ideal as the bubble has already started, but you still have a fair way to ride it until this weekend I think. TOTW1 is the one that increases the most every year, often by 100% or more through this weekend. Rapid Inflation (and corresponding deflation to non-rare cards) is the name of the game these first couple weeks. TOTW2 is where i've had the worst luck with bubbles and breaking even after a player's value crashes back. TOTW3 and beyond everything seemed to stabilize a bit and the method of buying on Monday-Tuesday after the weekend and then sell a month later method on a friday/saturday is usually good for 10-20% return after taxes.

I bought Milik for $20k yesterday and he's already up to 36k as the lowest Buy now.

chibob

Also an easy way to make a couple thousand coins is to unlock everything in the FIFA catalogue, gives you balls and classic shirts which you can flog.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I completed a SBC and got a premium players pack. Best player was Draxler, which was a good pull since he's going for about 12k right now.

chibob

Make sure he's tradable I pulled an untradable Pedro...

Also sitting on 30k - whose the best IF investment?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, I only do the challenges with tradeable rewards. Untradeable is the ultimate trog trap, lol... TRADE IN A BUNCH OF VALUE FOR NO VALUE!

Too late on the IFs, shoulda invested tuesday

chibob

Oh well! I'll wait til next week.

Might do the SBC or improve my Beast team.

I do like your process though

NML

Yeah I took one look at the prices and moved on. Based on ur previous post, I'll probably hold off until the Monday after TOWT3 comes out (which I believe is a week from next Monday).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
yep, a week from next Monday for Week3, I'll let ya'll know what I'm looking at. Take a look at TOTW2 next monday, as this year might be different? I think the SBC will have an interesting effect on the markets (by essentially removing a lot of the low level cards). If they've dropped in price through the weekend then they are probably a safe bet. If they look like they've increased in value through the week, then ur looking at inflation/bubble.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'd just build a discard value squad and play games (with coin boosts unlocked). Then yeah, watch the IF cards. I'll let ya'll know what I'm doing in regards to IFs so you can have my advice anyway.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pardon me for asking, is that real?

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
got Gaitan from Athletico Madrid. 85 one to watch. Got him for 50k. I've seen him go as high as 60k. hopefully a good deal.

chibob

Yeh these ones to watch might be worth looking at. Depends if they're limited.

I made about 50k today playing matches and selling some packed cards (smalling, Jesse, el sharawy) iv strengthened my starting 11, now have a strong team with a Chem perfect replacement at every position.

I decided to take on one of the SBC challenges, cost me 15k and in order to complete it I have to play 10 games but should get me some good tradeable packs in exchange.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
Yeh these ones to watch might be worth looking at. Depends if they're limited.

I made about 50k today playing matches and selling some packed cards (smalling, Jesse, el sharawy) iv strengthened my starting 11, now have a strong team with a Chem perfect replacement at every position.

I decided to take on one of the SBC challenges, cost me 15k and in order to complete it I have to play 10 games but should get me some good tradeable packs in exchange.

They say they are only available for a week. I may have jumped the gun with buying one, but if i decide to hold him and he gets an upgrade to an 86, It should pay off.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That purple player of the month Sterling card actually looks obtainable for not too many coins through the SBCs. I think that kinda stuff is going to make this a fun year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Squad for Profit #2 - Bundesliga slow fucks

Built this one as slow as possible on purpose to make me remember to stop trying to play like a puber (because I can't beat them at their own game) and to focus on slow build up play. I lost my online games by 1 goal each, but I was playing against better/faster squads and I learned a lot and improved as a player. I made a vidya highlighting the squad. At the end of the vidya I trog out and buy some packs with FIFA POINTS I bought for $10. Pin the trog tail on me! I had to open several before I found the inspiration for squad for profit #3.

SQUAD STATS
Match coins in 12 games = 21,896 (1,825 per game average)

MVP = Altintop (CAM) the best offensive player on the team by far with 5 goals and a bunch of assists and key passes. The team was utterly lost without him in the game. He's not fast, but was a very competent CAM in all other areas.

Notable Player = Kiessling (ST) - My favorite striker, put up 5 goals and added an assist. Did well holding up the ball and was the best aerial threat I've used so far (although that's not saying much given the portugeese strikers). Was a fun all around player and his shooting was good enough to keep me from fucking up.

Notable Player = Polanski (CDM) really close to being my favorite player, scored 2 solid goals on long shots and added some assists as well. Did really well controlling the team with solid short passing and I always felt like he was in a good spot for an outlet pass when I got into trouble. Didn't get too far forward for my liking, but was constantly available. Did well defensively too. Just a very well rounded midfielder, what more could you ask for?

Disappointment = Wagner (ST) I was excited to use him because of his tank like strength, but he only managed 1 shitty goal in 6 games. Just never seemed to be in good positions and when I did shoot he missed by a mile. I need all the help I can get in this game and he wasn't giving me any!

Total Squad Profit = 24,117

[xtable=skin1|@x306]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=116x@}Player{/td}
{td=72x@}Position{/td}
{td=82x@}Bought For{/td}
{td=82x@}Sold For{/td}
{td=172x@}Notes{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ulreich{/td}
{td}GK{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}600{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Hradecky{/td}
{td}GK{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bicakcic{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kacar{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Langkamp{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Strobl{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Oczipka{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td}950{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Schafer{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ginter{/td}
{td}RB{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td}600{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Trasch{/td}
{td}RB{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Lehmann{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Polanski{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}328{/td}
{td}Quick Sold - Contracts{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gross{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ekdal{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}600{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mikel Merino{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}600{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gerhardt{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stendera{/td}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Altintop{/td}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}319{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ibisevic{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Wagner{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}319{/td}
{td}Quick Sold - Injured{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kiessling{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}328{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Lasogga{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}323{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}SUM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} 8,150{/td}
{td} 10,917{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Post Tax Profit{/td}
{td} 2,221{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

jdlikewhoa

Yeah, I only do the challenges with tradeable rewards. Untradeable is the ultimate trog trap, lol... TRADE IN A BUNCH OF VALUE FOR NO VALUE!

Too late on the IFs, shoulda invested tuesday

On this note, if you really want to sperg and have plenty of time, you can use untradeable cards to upgrade to higher level untradeables using the SBCs. Bronze trading has been working pretty well thus far and I think I've made a pretty good profit on every 400 coin bronze pack I've bought, so I've done the Bronze/Silver/Gold upgrade SBCs. It can take a lot of time to work all the way up to the rare golds, but it can be done.

Switching gears, I've been playing with a Ligue 1 team I put together. Once they hit 1 contract remaining I just went ahead and listed the whole team this morning before I went to bed. I woke up just after 1 today and saw that the Krychowiak I had listed for a high BIN had sold at the BIN price. So I did some research and saw he was released in the OTW card set. I jumped on and bought all the Krychowiak's I could find for 2600 coins or less and listed them for 4,000 coin BINS. They all sold pretty quick. I wish I'd have hung on for a few hours because when I checked later in the afternoon, his regular card was going for 5,000+. It looks like the card has stabilized and come back down.

I'm curious if that's the norm for special/TOTW cards? If you jump on in the first hour or two after a release does that kind of bump happen?

NML

Try a league outside of the big 5. Portugal is always a cheap option. Or be creative with ur chemistry - for example, you can do a MLS gold squad for very cheap (and have some decent players like Gerrard, Pirlo, and Givinco), but there's no gold fullbacks. So you'll have to go outside the league for them, but try and match nationality and ur chemistry can get to 99 or 100

NML

Used my free draft token that I got for pre ordering, forgot how bad ass those prizes are. Lost in PKs in the final, got two premium gold packs and one jumbo (would cost 50k to buy those).

Decent haul, probably made 25k from the players (most notably Musa, again). Plus I stocked up the club on contracts and fitness for when I don't want the two squad rotation.

When I finish with this Eredivise squad and liquidate, I'll probably be at 100k. From there, I'll probably buy a TOWT2 player and build around him. Thinking Balotelli. Would love to get Sanchez but he'll be too much outside of a dramatic price drop the next 48-72 hours.

chibob

Try a league outside of the big 5. Portugal is always a cheap option. Or be creative with ur chemistry - for example, you can do a MLS gold squad for very cheap (and have some decent players like Gerrard, Pirlo, and Givinco), but there's no gold fullbacks. So you'll have to go outside the league for them, but try and match nationality and ur chemistry can get to 99 or 100

MLS is expensive now due to SBC or it was earlier this week.

There's some good French players who are cheap. If you unlock all the catalogue that should get you enough token to build a solid team.

Also search max buy nows: 450 squiggles and see what players you can nab.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Do you guys know how to access an old club? It gave me a new one even though I've had one since Fifa 14. Not the end of the world I guess

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

NML

I wanted to try the SBC. Did the marquee matchup one. Took me for fucking ever to do the first one, but then I pulled a Milik one to watch :laughing:

Looks like it's going for about 110k right now. Should I keep it or sell?

My basic understanding is that if he ever gets TOWT again, it becomes that card?

I'm guessing it's going high right now just before the release of TOWT, but I think the appeal of waiting will go away really fast.

NML

I don't really understand it. It's a "live" card so it updates dynamically if the player is on TOTW.

Basically, it seems better than an IF card since if the player gets on TOWT again, the rating could go up.

Not sure how to handle it. Probably going to build a team around him and play for a while and see what happens.

NML

I say "again" using Milik as an example. He's already had a TOWT card, so this card has taken that rating. It will never go back to the normal gold card, but it could go up if he was on another TOWT

NML

They're only in packs for 10 days, so I'm definitely going to hold on to it.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
I say "again" using Milik as an example. He's already had a TOWT card, so this card has taken that rating. It will never go back to the normal gold card, but it could go up if he was on another TOWT

yeah. The "one to watch" card will always have the ratings of the highest rated card of the player. they are likely long term investments. but the risk is if they get hurt or dont get upgrades after a while, their price will drop sharply.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think everyone is a bit over excited about the ONES TO WATCH, especially when it comes to the lesser players. Milik is a fine player, but I think 115k would be about what a TOTS version of him would go for. Compare it to his current 1st in form and for right now it is the same exact card, but costs 3x more. Most in forms jump above their previous versions was (and then the previous version drops in value) but I've never seen an inform of a player worth 3x more than what the previous IF version was.

NML, I think you are right to hold him for now, but watch the market. If he starts dropping you might want to sell because I predict he'll stabilize more like around 50k-75k in the end.