• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 18

NML

One month from today until I'll have 18 (because I'm a TROG and am paying to get it three days early) and probably around three weeks until the web app will go live and the sperging can begin!

The beginning of the FUT season is so much better than the latter parts. Grinding to get an 82 overall dude is so satisfying, especially compared to now when I've 500k in my account and my team is maxed out. Looking forward to the early team building stages.

Last year was my first playing FUT. In the past, I was strictly career mode and pro clubs (with a rare seasons game) guy, so it was an adjustment. I was shitty at first, by late October I was mediocre and occasionally qualifying for Weekend League. Once my corching season ended, I started getting a little more serious about it, eventually becoming a consistent D1/D2 player. I was finishing above .500 during WL, though I wasn't always getting 40 games in. My last three weekends that I played every game I got 25, 28, and 30. This was during February.

Then I burnt out and didn't really play again until recently. Still don't do WL because I don't feel like committing that time. That'll change for 18 doe.

Goal for this year is to be a consistent "elite" level player for Weekend League - which is 28+ wins out of 40. Elite 1 (34 wins) and top 100 occasionally are attainable goals too.

Who else will be playing?

chibob

Most I ever managed in Weekend League was 10 games, I just dont have the time to play much more than that.

My Saturdays are dominated by actual football and Sundays consist of doing stuff with the gf.

I dont really try to get for an elite level squad anymore either.

In the past iv wanted all informs or an array of special cards but im happy with standard players.

Lots of people with the best cards who are shit at this game.

I do enjoy the app release and first few months the best as well. Its great finding out which players play the best etc.

NML

Some event is going on and a ton of info getting dropped. Futwiz is releasing a ton of ratings. Looks like FUT Champions is the same.

Squad battles look pretty cool, too

NML

Video of the beginning of FUT

Squad battles looks like a great way to get good rewards but playing the AI is normally pretty rough. Supposedly the AI has been vastly improved but I'll believe it when I see it.

TOTW 1 drops today. These tend to increase in value over the first month moreso than any card because they are almost exclusively from loyalty packs from the web app.

Web app drops tomorrow officially, but last year they tried to sneak it out the day before.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Eh, I don't play this anymore. You have to be a massive sperg to have any fun and I prefer the tempo of Seasons anyway.

chibob

it just crashed out on me pre back opening. Think I lost the contents. Oh well time to go fire bomb EA

NML

Got Carlos Bacca - 82 overall. And a bunch of players for a Bundesliga starter team. So not too bad

chibob

Baca is a good grab.

I managed to get Charlie Austin in my starter squad and then Laporte and some American winger who plays for Borrusia Munchen Gladbach.

Got a full gold squad so that'll do for when the game drops.

Keep checking back for any loyalty packs

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Nice that you can do SBCs online now. This will be a nice way to get through meetings without falling asleep.

NML

Man, just noticed Bacca isn't a rare. BOOO

Did already sell a few random players so I'm up to 1400. That's enough to do small time trading, but I'm not sure where to go first with this current set up

Bdub

Think I am going to stay away from FUT this year. I don't have the time required to build a great team.

chibob

Think I am going to stay away from FUT this year. I don't have the time required to build a great team.

Seems easier than ever to put together a competitive team.

Last year I just put together a decent PL squad and then didn't really change it. Think I put the squad together in November and then used it all the way up until last week.

I experimented with other squads when I got bored but it wasn't hard to get a squad which could compete.

You will come up against some stacked teams but it's more down to you than the team.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Just did a couple SBCs. So nice to do in your browser. I'll probably get this once it hits the half off sale.

NML

Packed Rudiger from Chelsea after doing an SBC. He'll probably peak on opening weekend around 7k or so, but I sold him for 5.5k.

I'm up over 10k now. These SBCs are so cheap and easy since the pubers are waiting to overpay so someone else can tell them how to do it

NML

Did the hybrid leagues hardest one, which gets you a mega pack - and got Manolas. Fuck yeah, dude was my CB from week two until the end last year. One of my favorite players

chibob

Did the hybrid leagues hardest one, which gets you a mega pack - and got Manolas. Fuck yeah, dude was my CB from week two until the end last year. One of my favorite players

In the beta he was trash. Yeh he's fast but he's just not that great of a defender.

NML

I only did the four "hybrid nations." You need at least one loyalty on the fourth one to do it, so you have to pack a player to use. In all, it probably cost me 20k for them. But got a mega pack, rare mega pack, prime gold players, jumbo premium gold pack, and jumbo gold. Probably 200k in packs.

Got great pulls in all. Sitting with 30k plus Bonnuci, Manolas, Gomez (84 OVR with 90 pace), and Martinez, who will serve as a super sub for a while because I think his value will go high as a TOTW 1. His base stats are awesome.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I hate when I do one. Min team rating 79,me 78. Min team chem 80, me 79. FML I must be going about this wrong.

NML

I hate when I do one. Min team rating 79,me 78. Min team chem 80, me 79. FML I must be going about this wrong.

Did you just auction all your original packed players?

Almost all of them that would sell. I generally don't quick sell unless I think it's highly unlikely they'll be in an SBC, but that's useful for those 76-79 rated non rare players that don't sell for 400.

Before I sold anyone, I started to piece together the SBCs. For whatever reason, I packed five German golds, so that formed a solid starting point for the second one. My Italian starter pack made up 75% of the first. So between those two I only spent around 2k filling in the holes. For the third, I had packed an 82 rare Brazilian striker who was only selling for 1200, so I felt like he would do well since I needed five rares and 79 overall. The four others were expensive - rare players are the only players having decent value right now since they are in such low supply. I had an Argentina striker to start my fourth.

I went in order with them since I initially only had 3k to work with. If you do them effectively, you should be doubling ur return even with shitty pulls. Use ur own cards as much as possible because that loyalty bump is huge, especially when you need 90+.

@wolverine318 i plan everything out before I start. Using concept players allows you to see if you have the right qualities to the team. Only thing it doesn't handle well is chemistry, because it gives concept players loyalty, which they obviously don't have. Be careful there

I'll be trying to do the hybrid nation one next. I'll screenshot my teams before I submit them.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't think I got enough to even really put together a full gold squad, lol. If I sell a couple of these other random golds, I might be able to start the grind.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Noticed I had some bronze dude, swapped him out and was all set. Deulefeu was my best pull but looks like he will bring in some $$.

NML

My god players are so insanely cheap. Got Khedira for 4k, he'll be 25 by the second weekend. Insigne is going for 12, he's a 60k player.

Just debating how stacked I want my team to be vs keeping some coin for trading. Really want Nainggolan

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My god players are so insanely cheap. Got Khedira for 4k, he'll be 25 by the second weekend. Insigne is going for 12, he's a 60k player.

Just debating how stacked I want my team to be vs keeping some coin for trading. Really want Nainggolan

On the flip side, there are so many doo doo players who are expensive because they must be key links in SBCs or something. I've had such shitty packs so far, but having some random 75 overall non rare CDM go for like 1.2k is always nice, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I did a fair number of the SBCs and my best player from all of the packs was.... Zaza. WOOOOF

Liam

I just got Cavani in a reward for the Kick off SBCs. Limited to a 40k sale, whats the general prices of IFs and Messi/Ronaldo in recent years. 40k seems mighty low for Cavani.

EDIT: Just searched Ronnie, 2 million lol. How the fuck is Cavani only sellable for a max of 40k

Liam

Man i hate this shit where they limited the auction prices. I didnt last much longer once that was implemented, I dont understand how an 87 can go for 16k when the best card in the game goes for 2million

NML

How are they limiting the pricing? Cavani is only selling for 17k, a 40k limit is more than enough.

It's basic supply and demand. There's like three of each icon card right now, but there's probably 1000 Cavani's (and no one has the coins to afford either).

Just hold him until release weekend and he'll probably go for much higher