• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 20!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think you'll have better luck with Depay than you did with Niang. I kept shoving NIANG off the ball because his physical was like 60 or something, lol. Having a fast striker is fine, but it's nice if he can take a challenge.

Have you ever tried a striker like GOMIS? I actually love bigger physical strikers because they are better at holding up play for your speedy guys to make runs into the box.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Definitely having more success with DEPAY. I'll keep NIANG around as a late game speed burst.

Not this year I haven't because I've embraced my inner puber and scoff at any pace less than 85! I'm down to 200 coins now since I bought a cheap gold BPL team but I'll give him a look. A lot of my goals recently have come from my CMs. I RACE down the side of the field with my LW or RW and pass it back to a CM at the top of the box for a FINESSE SHOT. I don't even know where my striker is in these instances haha.

ebarws6

stAy
My current squad. Mane, Fernandinho, Gnabry, Brandt, and Piszczek are all untradeable. I switch to 4-2-3-1 narrow in game. Went 21-9 in weekend league this past week, but I doubt I'll be able to replicate that run again. Did get a cool red fut champs card out of it, this 80 rated guy with 97 pace, 87 strength, and 91 dribbling.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.07.02 PM.png

ZackMills

Have mercy
What are some good coin making schemes to try? Would prefer to do a lot of flips for a little profit than riskier moves that may pay more. Do not want to need to keep an eye on the market all the time. Currently am trying to buy silver players for no more than 350 coins and then immediately put up for 12 hours at 650 bid/700 buy now.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I have always had fun doing "squads for profit." You build a squad for as cheap as you can, and as you do that you'll spot some good values for flipping. Flip as many of these as you can. Then take the squad and play 6 games with them (leave 1 game so they don't show up as not having a contract) and then sell them with 1 game left. Try to time this so you're taking advantage of my time zone theory as well... so buy them in the evening, play ur 6 games (usually squad battles since the squad might not be that great for online, depending on ur theme) and then list them for 12 hours at a 10-15% markup over the cheapest BIN when you bought them (ideally you got them for less than the cheapest BIN so you will make more). This is really fun to do with silver squads.

So you make a bunch of coins off the 6 "free" games you play with them and then you make more off the overnight flip.

I also recommend checking the marquee matchup SBCs for the week and then checking ur club to see if you have any of the featured teams/countries and then just sell all those players because they relatively expensive now.

jdlikewhoa

Man I got so lucky today. I usually just flip players immediately after packing them, but I just did a bunch of SBCs and got lazy after my 5 minutes a day got doubled thanks to twice daily WBL sims. So I had a bunch of cards sitting in my club when the SBCs this morning dropped. I made like 60,000 coin selling off all the random non rare Eyetalian/French/Argentine @Yankee151 ’s/Serie A players I had

ZackMills

Have mercy
Played my first "hand the controller over to a better player at halftime" opponent. I was winning 2-0 at half and he had 0 shots. Ended up losing 3-2. He had 7 shots (6 on target) in the second half. I couldn't get anything going offensively either. I spent all three timeouts with a minute left in stoppage time, lol.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I'm so bad in the final third online. I'd say in the games I've lost I've probably had as many or more legit chances to score in each game except one where I got destroyed.

I just don't know how to break down the defense in the box.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Played my first "hand the controller over to a better player at halftime" opponent. I was winning 2-0 at half and he had 0 shots. Ended up losing 3-2. He had 7 shots (6 on target) in the second half. I couldn't get anything going offensively either. I spent all three timeouts with a minute left in stoppage time, lol.
There's a TON of this in online Fifa since the age of players trends way lower than most sports games, so you end up with little brother (@Reel) handing the controller over situations quite a bit.

ZackMills

Have mercy
There's a TON of this in online Fifa since the age of players trends way lower than most sports games, so you end up with little brother (@Reel) handing the controller over situations quite a bit.

It happens a decent amount in The Show. You are cruising through the first 6 innings and the guy swings at EVERYTHING then out of nowhere he's really selective and crushes everything.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Pretty sure my opponent I just played thought I passed the controller off to someone else. He got a red card in the first 10 minutes and scored two goals (both of which were because Mbappe just bullied his way through my back line). I couldn't do much against his vastly superior team. Then at the 80th minute I scored and again at the 85th minute.

Can I do anything with these dick coaches I get in packs? It looks like they can be used to give a percentage increase to my team's ability in an attribute but I can't see where I can use them.

GuyIncognito

Pretty sure my opponent I just played thought I passed the controller off to someone else. He got a red card in the first 10 minutes and scored two goals (both of which were because Mbappe just bullied his way through my back line). I couldn't do much against his vastly superior team. Then at the 80th minute I scored and again at the 85th minute.

Can I do anything with these dick coaches I get in packs? It looks like they can be used to give a percentage increase to my team's ability in an attribute but I can't see where I can use them.

I think they're associated with relevant training cards. So like higher shooting makes shooting training cards better.

I hardly ever use training cards but the fitness and contract bonuses are nice.

ZackMills

Have mercy
So apparently I can score now. 4-4 tie (really fun back and forth game) and then 4-0 rage quit at the half. And I'm a D8 scrub now!

edit: And then a 3-0 rage quit before the half!

Last edited:

ZackMills

Have mercy
Played a guy last night that definitely was NOT D8. He beat me 2-0, both goals in the first half, and messed around the entire second half. He was doing all these fancy dribbling manuevers I didn't even know existed! Instead of watching the ENTIRE replay and cut scenes after his goals, he knew the button to skip them completely (also didn't know this existed). I helped him appreciate his win longer by using all 3 timeouts to the max the last 5 minutes of the match.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Controller swappers really killing my enjoyment of online this weekend. Winning 2-1 at half, lose 5-2. I can't wait for Lenny to surpass my ability in this game so I can do the same to these pubers when their fast twitch skillz are eroding!

ZackMills

Have mercy
Been having good success buying silvers for 150-200 and selling for 400-500. Not huge gains but easy to buy a bunch when you have a couple minutes and re-list when they don't sell.

GuyIncognito

Been having good success buying silvers for 150-200 and selling for 400-500. Not huge gains but easy to buy a bunch when you have a couple minutes and re-list when they don't sell.

Also in my small sample testing, it's virtually impossible to lose money on bronze packs if you're diligent about keeping them listed.

ZackMills

Have mercy
It is incredible how streaky I am in this game. The last maybe 4 times I've played for any serious amount of time (4+ games), if I win or draw my first game, I don't lose during that session. If I lose, I don't win. No middle ground!

GuyIncognito

I still focus mostly on squad battles (because it's consistent that I can get to Elite 1 weekly), but I've been dabbling a bit more in rivals.

I still just suck at creating space in the final third. If the game were decided by who has more legit scoring chances, I'd win most of the time. But my efficiency on those chances is dismal, and it feels like if I give the other guy 3-4 chances he's scoring 2-3 goals.

Do you guys used timed finishing?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I forgot how fun this game can be just to play against weirdos in lower divisions. Was doing seasons and ran into this dude who didn't really try to attack very much. I thought he was one of these sneaky good possession guys but he was just bad. After he dicked around for 10 minutes on the ball doing nothing I picked it off and then scored 4 straight basically walk in goals (he got angry after the first 2 and started recklessly sliding). He still wasn't challenging me so I juggled the ball to kill off the game for nearly 30 minutes. Just, wtf man? Who is wasting their weekend evening playing like this lol

Checked his record

9991a3b59a2c17077f740bb40d6792a0.jpg

As expected

ZackMills

Have mercy
I don't even know what time finishing is, so probably not!

I read online that this year shooting with players rated 85+ is meta, so I've worked on getting more guys with that (after adding a chemistry style) since I too had problems finishing good scoring chances. I've also found after adding Cavani (and playing less like a pacey puber) that a human D8/D9 scrub opponent will get impatient and attempt poor tackles in the final third if you give him the chance to. Use that to create the space you need to get off good shots. I usually get off a couple good shots with Cavani just dribbling in place like a dope for a few seconds, haha.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I forgot how fun this game can be just to play against weirdos in lower divisions. Was doing seasons and ran into this dude who didn't really try to attack very much. I thought he was one of these sneaky good possession guys but he was just bad. After he dicked around for 10 minutes on the ball doing nothing I picked it off and then scored 4 straight basically walk in goals (he got angry after the first 2 and started recklessly sliding). He still wasn't challenging me so I juggled the ball to kill off the game for nearly 30 minutes. Just, wtf man? Who is wasting their weekend evening playing like this lol

Checked his record

As expected

Having a kid who is old enough to play vidya games has really tempered my enjoyment of beating up on opponents online. It could have been a case of a grown man playing a 2nd grader! The opposite is also true. I don't get as mad because "Oh good for you for embarrassing a 30+ year old who only plays on the weekend when you are a 13 year old at the peak of your twtichy skillz. Enjoy it while it lasts!"

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The weird thing is that he had mastered all the basic controls, and knew how to advance the ball. He was just really lazy about it, and also defended that way. I don't think it was a child.

Googling "psn djweather" does come up with this though:

1572189631366.png

ZackMills

Have mercy
Yeah for this particular game you can kinda tell by what controls the player uses if he's extremely new to the game or really young. Lenny doesn't even know how to slide tackle (mainly because I don't tell him how haha).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I like how @ZackMills thinks he's playing controller switchers constantly, when it is probably just the EA RUBBERBANDING bullshit most of the time, lol. EA games feel more "on rails" or scripted than most sports games. There is definitely catchup logic/momentum in the game. I can't imagine trying to be a competitive player at this, when some scrub multiple levels lower can beat you if the game decides it's time for you to lose. This year is actually better than previous years, in that user defending is more necessary... in previous iterations there were times when the CPU defenders just turned on GOD MODE and every shot was either blocked by a defender or saved. Then you'd give up a goal where you tackle the ball away 4 times or something and the EA fuckshit keeps deflecting the ball right back to them until they score on a rebound goal.

@kella is the king of losing when he got a 30:1 good chance advantage.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Eh, I think I just had a bad run that weekend. I played a decent amount this weekend and never thought I was playing a controller switcher. Everyone was garbage the first 45 minutes and the second 45 minutes! Maybe D8 scrubs are less likely to enlist help than D9 scrubs.

There is definitely comeback logic in this. A large chunk of the goals I concede happen pretty quickly after I score and of those goals a large chunk happen after a ball gets deflected right to an open opponent. I don't get too mad about this since I do see myself get these breaks too.

jdlikewhoa

I like how @ZackMills thinks he's playing controller switchers constantly, when it is probably just the EA RUBBERBANDING bullshit most of the time, lol. EA games feel more "on rails" or scripted than most sports games. There is definitely catchup logic/momentum in the game. I can't imagine trying to be a competitive player at this, when some scrub multiple levels lower can beat you if the game decides it's time for you to lose. This year is actually better than previous years, in that user defending is more necessary... in previous iterations there were times when the CPU defenders just turned on GOD MODE and every shot was either blocked by a defender or saved. Then you'd give up a goal where you tackle the ball away 4 times or something and the EA fuckshit keeps deflecting the ball right back to them until they score on a rebound goal.

@kella is the king of losing when he got a 30:1 good chance advantage.
So true. I’ve had so many games where we go scoreless for 40 minutes. I finally put one in and the other player immediately puts one in off the kickoff

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, once upon a time someone at EA saw a goal get scored immediately after kickoff following a goal, and the announcers said some fuckshit SPORTS NOT EVEN TRUISM like "UR NEVER MORE VULNERABLE THAN RIGHT AFTER YOU SCORE!" The EA guy made note of this and coded DEFENSE REDUCED BY 50% FOLLOWING GOAL into the game and it's been in there ever since!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, you know that is 100% true. Some marketing guy came in Monday mroing and was like MAN U SCORED IN FERGIE TIME RIGHT AFTER THE EQUALIZER! IT HAPPENS and it's been in the game for 12 fucking years

ZackMills

Have mercy
I've heard that vulnerable quote so many times in this game :emo:

For me I see this a lot in the final 20 minutes. Someone will be up a goal, the losing side scores, and after that the team that was losing scores and ends up winning. I've blown a few games like this and won a few games like this. Seems scripty since it happens so often.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I had a game yesterday where I dominated the shit out of this clown, hit the post 5 (!) times, and he comes down in the 80th and shoots one off the post. 3 of my defenders just stand there while his winger runs up and volleys home the loose ball. I look up his record and he's like 2-3-12

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the other thing that happens in the last 20 minutes (that is at least legit) is most of the players are gassed (especially if ur a puber who has been sprinting all game). Using all 3 subs in the 70th minute to bring on fresh legs has been a great strategy forever. The game REALLY opens up, lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
To some degree. But a lot of these guys are idiots and don't sub anyone.

The reddit scientists data mined the pc version from a few years ago and there's momentum modifiers built into the game. Ea claimed something like it's only for single player but nobody believes them. If they've got that kind of thing available to be data mined, what kind of shit do they have sitting in the source code that nobody will ever see?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This kid was pretty good and he plays exusively as CIV who are cheesy as hell. He scored right after I did! Imagine that.

fd88ab638a35f57afe315ae7244f66b0.jpg

Kid was so mad I played keep away from him for the final 10 minutes.

Trolling fifa kids is the best

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If you FUT trogs are looking for a good budget right back for a Bundesliga team, I would go with Klosterman. He's pretty strong, tall, and still has 85 pace. He looks like a mistake out there dusting players.

BTW, I am noticing in FIFA 20 that corners are very effective...for the OTHER TEAM! I scored 3 goals yesterday off of countering a corner. I scored 0 goals on my own corners. I've just started taking them all short.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
My goals: quick 1 touch passing through the middle, slicing through ball to striker. Spin around first defender, ball roll by another, roll shot calmly into bottom corner.

My opponent goals: pass as hard as possible directly to striker, clatter into my defender, wind up with the ball, shot off my keeper's face that somehow goes in

ZackMills

Have mercy
I've scored on a corner once but I agree too. Scoring on corners (or crosses in the air for that matter) is rare. Seems dumb.

Cavani is pretty incredible on penalties. You can really POWER UP the kick and the circle is still small enough you can put it wherever you want if coupled with a chemistry style that increases his shooting ability.

GuyIncognito

I really like the new free kick mechanic over last year, but yeah I've repeatedly thought that corner kicks in this game seem basically pointless. The keeper gets to everything even near the six yard box.

Also, vacuuming up 70+ OVR, 200 BIN silver cards and flipping them is a racket.

jdlikewhoa

Come to think of it, I don't think I've scored any goals on corners or crosses in the air this year.

I've played a bunch of games recently where my opponent just pulls the plug as soon as I score the first goal. Is this a new thing?

Also beat a guy earlier who annoyingly juggled the ball up and down the field. He'd get into the box before I could get it to ping pong off of one of my players to clear it. I scored at the end of the first half and then he equalized in the 85th minute. Off the kickoff I was able to get down the field and into his box. I got a shot off that bounced back off one of his players and then off of one of mine and slowly troll goal dribbled into his net.