• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Intergalactic Baseball League -- IFA POLL ADDED

Should we bring IFA back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
OWNERS IN
  1. Doh -- Montreal SExpos
  2. Karl --
  3. Skeeter -- Ohio Funk
  4. goblue --
  5. Orlando --
  6. Rad -- Caribbean Aqua Sox (?)
  7. JD --
  8. Hayvis-- ExxonMobil Oilers
  9. Tony Montana -- Memphis Bleek
  10. Rutgers Mike -- Berlin Bomber Bears
Here we go.

After some discussion with @Karl Hungus : 12 teams, 2 leagues with one division. If we get more, we will expand.

We're going to start on OOTP 23. I'm going to CROOT to this board on the OOTP forums.

I want to set a start date so when we CROOT, we have a starting point.

I'm going to try to keep the settings about the same as WBL. A few questions

1. League name?
  2. IFA back?
  3. Any settings people want to change?
  4. Playoff format? I wanted to try something unique like top 4 teams make it but 4v3 (best of 3), winner gets 2 (best of 5), winner gets 1 (best of 7). We could also just keep 1v4, 2v3 start.
Respond with any ideas. Also-- if you are in/team name so I can start setting this thing up.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also 12 teams is going to be a crapshow, get those crooting shoes on and get the numbers up, crooting shoes.

doh

Also 12 teams is going to be a crapshow, get those crooting shoes on and get the numbers up, crooting shoes.
You think at least 16? 12 is too small?

I was thinking with 12 we would still be primarily nUtopians and only have to fill a couple slots.

doh

IFA is really easy to abuse but if that’s what the people want. Also you didn’t list @NML
Unless we have a bunch of people request it back, I'll just keep it off. Seems like it might be just too much tinkering to keep it good.

doh

GOOD LAWD THAT'S @Rutgers Mike MUSIC...

Welcome back?

Going to set up the league over the weekend. Please PM me any team names you want.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
IM BACK BABBY AND IM NOT BULLSHITTING WITH YOU BUMS THIS TIME. MEMPHIS BLEEK WE RUN THIS WAC SHIT. FREEWAY WE RUNNING THIS WAC SHIT. MR CLUTCH WE RUNNING THIS WAC SHIT. NO MERCH. NO COMPROMISE. THE PAIN TRAIN STOPS FOR NO ONE. WE STEALING CHAINS. WE TAKING UR GIRLS. WE TAKING UR PRIDE. WE RAISING FLAGS.

THREE RINGS? That ain’t even a start for us.

doh

Starting to set up the league... ended up doing 16 teams with 4 divisions. I can change that around if we want to.

Going to name each division after WBL LEGENDS. The leagues will stay 'Varsity' and 'Junior Varsity'

doh

A few things I've seen setting the league up...

1. Enable draft lottery?
  2. Comp for losing players? (I think this could get tricky but might be fun)
  3. Allow free agents to leave league? (Could help with FA pool where we seem to have guys who just linger...)
  4. Award names? (Keep, name after historical or SPACE themed?)
  5. Playoffs? Do something different or keep the same? (I'd like to mix it up but if everyone likes current format, let's keep it)

doh

I was thinking 12 but have a couple slots where we can CROOT from OOTP would be nice.

We can also contract if it's too few teams.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm in favour of a leauge with one division per player so human controlled teams only have to meet in the playoffs.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
If we are 4reel about doing a new league I'm against IFA if the revenue mechanism and penalties from our old league carry over. If we can make it similar to what MLB had (prior to the Braves screwing it up) then I could see IFA being a big win for every GM instead of just the HAVES that had their financial settings set prior to the file breaking around the time Miami won their second ring. IFA was broken before that for other reasons cough teams tanking that didn't have anything to lose on the revenue front doing the every two years IFA spending spree cough but that seemed to really mess something up on the revenue front with the league file.

Does anyone remember some of those bizarre FIVE STAR scouting finds that happened around that time? Osick had that Rapey Pete guy that was five stars from the beginning. Even I had two guys Ploeg found that turned out to be great after I bumped up the DEV budget to the max and left it there. One is even on the HOF.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
If we are 4reel about doing a new league I'm against IFA if the revenue mechanism and penalties from our old league carry over. If we can make it similar to what MLB had (prior to the Braves screwing it up) then I could see IFA being a big win for every GM instead of just the HAVES that had their financial settings set prior to the file breaking around the time Miami won their second ring. IFA was broken before that for other reasons cough teams tanking that didn't have anything to lose on the revenue front doing the every two years IFA spending spree cough but that seemed to really mess something up on the revenue front with the league file.

Does anyone remember some of those bizarre FIVE STAR scouting finds that happened around that time? Osick had that Rapey Pete guy that was five stars from the beginning. Even I had two guys Ploeg found that turned out to be great after I bumped up the DEV budget to the max and left it there. One is even on the HOF.

Yeah, for a while the scouting discoveries never busted. Like 2060s-70s. It must have been something with how the game was coded then. Of course then the devs overcorrected. After say, 2080, it seemed like every pitcher my scout would find started with 60-65 control and would be at 40 within a season, lol.

doh

What do we think about a pre-season tournament to start every season?

Once I get website/how to assign managers instructions from Karl, I'm going to attempt to load the file and get this B going.