• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden 17 same ole shit

Wolfman21

Also that running animation is so fucking bad. How can they not get this right? Or even close?

these games have been made for over 2 decades now, and they still can't get the defensive players to react to QBs leaving the pocket correctly. Been the same for over 2 decades now...guys just stand around until you pass the LOS.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
There aren't any glitches in this one, but this video just shows how fucking bad this game is. Look at the lineman just standing around, look at how slow and weird the intercepting dude runs. I'm not sure how you can turn out a product like this with a straight face and why idiots keep buying it.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
There aren't any glitches in this one, but this video just shows how fucking bad this game is. Look at the lineman just standing around, look at how slow and weird the intercepting dude runs. I'm not sure how you can turn out a product like this with a straight face and why idiots keep buying it.

No glitches aside from the 4th and -15 but I guess that barely even counts for a Madden game

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I absolutely adore the fact that EA play is thrown in with Xbox game pass so that I can play these shitty games for free and not have to worry about having spent anything on them.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Looks like the same game I bought two years ago for $20 or whatever, maybe worse

That Jonathan Taylor run at 0:23 lol

Wolfman21

I see the highlights every year and wish it were a good game. It just never is. Hell, I’d get it if their simulation wasn’t broken, but that shits broken every year. You can’t even simulate games/seasons properly which makes team building in franchise even not fun

Brick

those features actually look kinda promising. haven't played the game in years but it looks like they are at least making at attempt at improving gameplay. haha

also: JOSH JOSH JOSH

Mame YO

slings rocks
I usually buy the new sports games once every few years. This year I have a ps5 so I’m waiting for both 2K and Madden to come out with new installments. Looks decent. I’m sure online will still be a cheese fest.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Someone I used to play with invited me to a MONGDEN 23 online JOEY FRANCHISE. All the cool QB teams (JOEY FRANCHISE, JOSH, GODGERS, MILF Hunter Zach Wilson, ARM TALENT, MAHOMES) are taken, but the Panthers, AINTS, and Texans are available. Should I start the BAKER redemption tour @OU11 @silverwheels? Or trade for MINSHEW on the AINTS @GR8 2 B FL G8R?

Or I can rebuild the Texans with GIRAFFE HOMELANDER

eo-uZi_E50iGoWXm.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If they ever did that shit ppl would he deincentivized to buy it every year lol

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I can do all this shit on the fly every game, and I feel like it gives me an advantage over the 13 yr old youtuber who runs nothing but PA Crossers

For example, I can put in custom audibles so I Form has a stretch, a dive, a money PA, maybe a decent Texas. They don't know how to defend a basic offense like this. The youtube meta has become so pervasive that a basic offense becomes something abnormal and revolutionary (actually reactionary according to my 12th grade Civics teacher).

I can sub out my halfback every other play, while the pharmaceutical zombie I am facing would rather mash x and roll with a yellow HB all game.

I don't want them to make it easier for these children, I'm a man, I'm 40. I don't have the hand eye coordination of these kids, so these are the type of cerebral advantages I need.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles

Get a mobile QB and just go back and then outrun the slower defenders.

What jumps out at me is how much better the player motion looks in the old game.

One of my favorite treats is ignoring this game for a few years then coming back and seeing them still putting out the same tired shit but with all new buzz phrases to describe the same "features" they were advertising a decade ago.

PHYSICS™-™INFORMED™ ANIMATION™
ANIMATION™-™BRANCHING™ TECHNOLOGY™
FIELDSENSE™ GAMEPLAY™ SYSTEM™ (™INCLUDES™ WR™ VS.™ DB™ BATTLES™)™

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
"In Madden 23 you can predict the outcome of a play based on the animation that was triggered."

Bitch people been doing that for 20 years. That used to be a complaint about the goddamn game, that everything was determined by the fucking animation, now it's a feature you pay for the privilege of being pegged by.

Schauwn

LMAO

EA says that a temporary "data storage issue" led to the corruption of many Madden NFL 23 players' Connected Franchise Mode (CFM) save files last week. What's worse, the company now estimates it can recover fewer than half of those corrupted files from a backup.
The issue started last Monday, December 26, when EA tweeted that it was "aware of players experiencing connection issues when trying to connect to CFM." That problem lasted until Wednesday, December 28, when EA announced that subsequent server maintenance meant that "users should now be able to play CFM without issue."
But users who attempted to log in to play online franchise games during a 22-hour period ranging from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning saw their franchise save data corrupted by the aforementioned "data storage issue," as EA confirmed over the weekend. And while EA says some of those corrupted save files can be recovered from a backup, it adds that the development team is "currently projecting around 40% of leagues to be recovered."