• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Waiting on this trade deadline...

Castillo the biggest move so far. Mariners going to make some noise.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
wat. Brewers have a three game lead.

It’s a massive get for the Padres, and while it’s a genuine surprise to see Milwaukee move its closer while holding a three-game lead in the National League Central, the reasoning behind the trade is fairly straightforward. Hader’s $11MM salary figures to jump north of $15MM next season in his final year of club control, and a generally budget-conscious Brewers club may not be willing to dedicate $15-17MM to a single reliever when that represents such a notable portion of the overall payroll.

lol, losers.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Ho lee fuk!! We going all in, boys.

Williams will easily step into the closer role for the Brewers. They wouldn’t have done it without him on the roster.

CJ_24

Is Rogers no good? I don't watch enough San Diego to know. It just seems odd to me that they would trade a guy with 28 saves and some prospects for a guy with 29 saves.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
He is not lights-out, and was looking less and less dominant with each outing lately. He also blew a save last week and said something to the effect of "it wasn't our day," which just sounds like loser talk. Surprising, but so it goes...

Wolfman21

Braves sign Riley to a 10 year, 212 million dollar contract. Acuna, Albies, Riley and Olson all signed for the next 5 years for a total AAV of like 65 million, lol

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He is not lights-out, and was looking less and less dominant with each outing lately. He also blew a save last week and said something to the effect of "it wasn't our day," which just sounds like loser talk. Surprising, but so it goes...
Never felt confident with Rogers pitching. Is Hader still a racist?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Padres going all in to get swept in the first round and not even a chance to get embarrassed by the Yankees again in the World Serious. AJ Preller to the Cincinnait Gulags.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Now the rumors are that the Dodgers are the frontrunners for Soto. Lol if they swoop in and get him like they did last year.. Fuck.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The Athletic’s Jim Bowden is reporting that if the Nationals and Padres do swing a Juan Soto trade, it’ll be Soto and Josh Bell for C.J. Abrams, Robert Hassell III, Adrian Morejón and “at least” two other prospects. Adding Bell (a rental) would make giving up all those prospects more palatable for GM A.J. Preller because it would bring in a switch-hitting bat that would bump Eric Hosmer and Luke Voit to part-time roles. (Hosmer could also be traded, but if the Padres are already losing this much prospect capital, they may not want to lose more to dump Hosmer’s salary.)

The Padres already have committed to Manny Machado and Fernando Tatis Jr. long-term, and they surely would attempt to lock up Soto as well. If they fail, they still could turn around and trade him at some point before he reaches free agency following the 2024 season.

We’ll hear much more about Soto in the coming hours. Maybe the Cardinals and Dodgers and others will redouble their efforts to acquire Soto. For now, the Nationals still appear to be listening, and the Padres are making this interesting for them.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Leatherpants Jim Bowden is still being paid to write? Luke Voit is a decent RHB DH against RHP relievers or starters that don't throw a lot of junk. Josh Bell is having a career year so getting him would relegate Voit to the waiver wire or crushing hanging breaking balls in El Paso.

Adrian Morejón would be Henry Rodriguez 2.0 for the Nats except with two options left. @Mr. Radpants @jdlikewhoa get excited for that!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Shoo that's some good players. Hassell is from the county that I live in and his dad is a criminal defense attorney I have worked with. He is a stud. Hate losing him.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Ho lee fuk its being reported at done by Passan...

It was meant to be. I had just said I started to like the guy after he punked Will Smith lol. Now I love him.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Hosmer must give consent to be included in deal to Nationals
The Nationals are on Eric Hosmer's 10-team no-trade list.

He would have to give his consent to be in a deal with Washington.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Apparently Boras represents Soto, Hosmer, Bell, Gore and Wood. The trade is all hinging on fucking Eric Hosmer agreeing to it??? no pressure lol

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Can’t get over Nationals having:
Bryce Harper
Anthony Rendon
Max Scherzer
Trea Turner
Juan Soto

All gone in a matter of a few years.
Fabian Ardaya

Fabian Ardaya·
Staff Writer, Dodgers

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It all comes down to Hosmer
Soto deal will not be official until Eric Hosmer agrees to waive his no-trade stipulation to the Nationals.

To this point he has not, according to a source. Negotiations almost certainly taking place.
Ken Rosenthal

Ken Rosenthal·
Senior Writer, MLB

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Now the reports are that it doesn't hinge on Hosmer. Going through with or without him.

I mean damn dude. Tatis should be back next week, too. That's going to be a fun lineup to watch.

bruin

Joey Gallo to the Boys in Blue.

Would love to see another arm/possibly closer by days end. Heaney has been great again since coming back. May back soon too. Treinen hopefully.

Possible run at Ohtani or Judge in the offseason. Trea Turner has been unreal. Gotta think he gets paid. Lots of money coming off the books because of Bauer.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So Luke Voit is going to the Nats instead of Hos and then Hos is going to the Red Sox. I’m sure the Padres will have to send a prospect for the Red Sox to pick up that contract. Hos really screwed them here.

Unlike Paw, I actually liked Voit.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
This is the best lineup the padres have had since they had Gwynn, Sheffield, McGriff. It will be similar to that I think. Sandwich Soto with Tatis and Machado. Righty, lefty, righty. He will get to see right handed pitching late in the game and actually get something to hit.