• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

CJ_24

Lotta Brewer fans calling for Counsell's head. Idk. 5-1 lead in the 8th. Not his fault the bullpen imploded so quickly

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
What's he supposed to do, just let the throw go to the backstop?

I watched Harold Reynolds and Dan plesac break this play down and argue it with the host of the show for about an hour. Highly entertaining. It’s a broken rule put in the game for buster posey but yes at this point he’s supposed to let it go to the backstop or move to the other side until he has the ball.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I fell asleep of course but wow. If you can not only win but come back from 5-0 when Soto and machado are both 0-4….that might be what the team needs to get a little life and limp home to the playoffs.

It’s all about who gets hot. In 2019 Nats scored 7 in the 9th against the Mets in a crazy walkoff late in the season.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That's awesome. I really hope Nashville can snag the Rays or gets an expansion team soon. There is a local group working hard to bring a team here and there is a perfect spot for a stadium on the river right downtown.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
No shifts makes a lot of sense with DH in both leagues

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Shaved 25 minutes off games in the minors. I don’t see how you can limit pick offs though. Lol imagine when you’ve reached your limit and the base runner is just watching the pitch clock… someone gonna steal 100 bases again.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
He has a douchebag Porsche with FL tags and has like 3 units at his place. I think his parents keep one. Weird lot too.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The only guy I know with the surname Clevenger lived in Atlanta and drove a Charger :kekleo:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
So there’s a point in the lead where if runners cross it turns into an automatic out with a straight step off -> run at runner -> rundown. So you can’t cross that as a runner.

The sweet spot I think is very large leads where on first movement you’re going.

I wonder how much this ups the value of catchers that can throw. And how many more pitchouts we see. I can’t think of any other ways defense can adjust. Maybe pulling 1B off the bag a few steps into a range where he can swipe tag or unload to second quicker if it’s a first move steal.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
This combined with the bigger bases is going to result in so many steals. I don’t think more steals is a bad thing at all. I miss Henderson.

But, if this creates a lot of “defensive indifference” to the SB that’s a disaster. I hope teams get more aggressive to force more pickoffs and it adds to small ball strategy.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We’re pickoffs really a problem? This does seem kind of odd, but also not against more stolen bases.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It’s only a problem because it could now reset the pitch clock. But the more I think about it, it could rejuvenate small ball in some ways. 3 true outcomes is the worst thing to happen to MLB since the steroid scandal.

Wolfman21

Man, watching all the Mets fans who said the Braves could only beat bad teams jump off cliffs as the Mets lose the division lead while the Braves beat the mariners and the Mets lose 4 of 6 to the Nats, pirates and marlins is…beautiful

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I live for team building articles like that. I guess the TDLR is that they have a clear strategy that fits their ballpark, they have made sensible acquisitions in line with that strategy, and due to a deep farm and prospects they are poised to break out.