• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

ZackMills

Have mercy
mcgrifflarge_j6ah9urp_gonvc0wa.png

Make that Major League HOFer!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Reports out there that the padres offered Turner a bigger deal than the Phillies. He wanted to go to the east coast.

Seems crazy unless Preller is doing the unthinkable and looking to deal Tatis? Or he’s not going to try to re sign Soto? Both of which those moves would be asinine.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Soto isn’t inclined to sign an extension. He’s looking for $500M+

Makes sense that they would have tried to gauge interest on an extension, got a no, and be willing to make the big play on someone else now and get a couple years of peak Turner with Soto.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Reports out there that the padres offered Turner a bigger deal than the Phillies. He wanted to go to the east coast.

Seems crazy unless Preller is doing the unthinkable and looking to deal Tatis? Or he’s not going to try to re sign Soto? Both of which those moves would be asinine.

Padres offered $41 million more than Philly.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Judge's HR numbers would go down ~25% just going from Yankee Stadium to Petco, so I understand the reluctance.

Wolfman21

Bogaerts to the Padres for 11 years, 280 million.

So whats up with all these long ass contracts recently? Paying dudes til they turn 40?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Bogaerts to the Padres for 11 years, 280 million.

So whats up with all these long ass contracts recently? Paying dudes til they turn 40?

In a way it's like the Nats deferring salary, except the players get the stability (or perceived stability) the extra years give them. It's a method of lowering the AAV and getting the deal done.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I was reading the padres Reddit and seems like now with no shift and the DH in the NL, there is a priority on athletic and utility guys. They now have 3-4 guys who can play pretty much any infield position. Hopefully they re-sign Drury as well and he can do the same.

I think they are also worried Machado could opt out and they won’t be able to re-sign Soto.

Wolfman21

In a way it's like the Nats deferring salary, except the players get the stability (or perceived stability) the extra years give them. It's a method of lowering the AAV and getting the deal done.

Yeah, i mean...i get that. But Bogaerts is over 30 already and they just handed him an 11 year deal. Ill be interested in the terms to see if the contract is front loaded easing some of that pain on the back end. But 25+ mil per year for age years 35-41 of a player is.....an interesting decision. Should help them in the short term, and if they're gonna be spending Yankee/Dodger money it won't really hinder them i guess

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Correa agrees to a 350 million dollar contract and then if got put on hold today due to a “medical issue”. PEDs?