• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'd be extremely surprised if he holds up for a podium, or even top 5-6. Especially if the track is dry and there are no big issues for the good rides.

I, too, like the mclaren lineup. Norris and Ricciardo are probably the two most charismatic, likeable drivers in the series. I'd be more than happy with a Norris flag to flag win tomorrow.

Danny Ric is always fun to watch but has blown hot and cold consistently his whole career. It's such a shame, cause as you say, he and Lando are the most likeable guys on the grid. Lando is showing the signs of a future champion. He's been incredibly consistent this season and whenever interviewed is making sure to point out that it's down to extreme amounts of hard work. I think he's the better driver of the two, but at Monza Ricciardo just got in the lead early.

I would love Lando to win this one, but I think it's Lewis' to lose, as the Mercedes is far better around these corners. I reckon he can hold on for another podium though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I just like underdogs. I know Russell has little to no shot but it would really be fun to see him shock everyone (probably hisself too). I'd settle for a Norris podium.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I just like underdogs. I know Russell has little to no shot but it would really be fun to see him shock everyone (probably hisself too). I'd settle for a Norris podium.

There is absolute potential for anything to happen in this race. It should or could be awesome. I wouldn't put it past Verstappen to make it up into duelling distance with Hamilton or crash trying. I think it's going to be.a mad one, with fast cars at the back and tight corners everywhere. Should also have some safety car madness.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Lewis Hamilton is always an underdog to me to me though. He's a black guy from a humble background. May never happen again, so the more of a legacy he stacks up the better. I hope he wins a number of champs that no-one can ever match, so he can sit there forever as a massive troll to the rich white guys.

Wolfman21

Russell is Lewis' nightmare a the moment. A second a lap opening up between 2nd and 3rd.

yeah, they've said Russell has the fastest car on the straights...so 3rd-6th is stuck in a big DRS train where they can't do anything but follow each other because they can't use DRS to get around Russell, lol

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I reckon someone's going to get a blowout. These are the softest compounds, and most people are going all the way through the graining.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think Hamilton's got this now. Anyone left in front of him after the other pit stops is going to be on dead tires before the end of the race.

Wolfman21

yeah, they trusted an inexperienced driver where merc's team took control of one of the best ever. Obvious difference in teams there and the result showed

Wolfman21

Amazing run by Verstappen though...20th to 2nd and the rains really helped him. I believe he was 6th or 7th before he decided to come in for inters

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think it was a good drive but total fluke that he jumped from 7th to 2nd. Happened to be in the right place on the track at the right time.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Are we going to see Bottas the human torpedo into the first few corners? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.... I really fancy the chances of a collision in these conditions with Verstappen potentially driving like a bastard as usual.

Already form this season.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Remember when Harvick dumped half a dozen cars on a restart when his car was crippled, just so he could advance to the next round? Pepperidge Farm remembers:

Wolfman21

Remember when Harvick dumped half a dozen cars on a restart when his car was crippled, just so he could advance to the next round? Pepperidge Farm remembers:

Every time the little bitch gets out of the car, he leaves his helmet on. Just like with Chase at Bristol.

Wolfman21

lets also not forget hes the same dickweed that said Dale Jr set the sport back because he wasn't successful enough. Hes a prick

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
If any of you’ll get ur games on steam, give Circuit Superstars a try. I got it on Xbox a few days ago, and it’s pretty damn fun. Especially for those of you who enjoy F1. It’s got F1 cars from the 60s, 80s, 2020, along with Caterhams, Fiat 500s, and Euro Trucks. It plays like a cross between RC Pro Am and Super Sprint.

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
Was at my second race that I've been to this year at CLT (I got to go to Darlington for the Southern 500) Pretty pleased that Mrs. T and her family enjoy going to the races and other sporting events. Now that we live in COLA, we are pretty nicely situated to see alot of the tracks I've wanted to see. It's starting to pay off with having the chance to go do things like this.

I was rather impressed with the #9 team. They got him back out there and he finished pretty decently after all that happened to him. I was abit intrigued why Nascar didn't black flag him for his rear bumper flailing around like a wacky wavy inflatable tube man. I figured that he'd probably get a black flag for that or he was angling for a caution when that part would eventually fell off.

Something shocked me today and reminded me that I've been working wayyyyyyyyyyy too much. I didn't even know the Talladega race had been completed and that Bubba Wallace won. I was sitting there perplexed going when did he when a race??? :Straight-Face:I had to look it up after I saw that. Good for the sport though for him to get one.

The roval was a fun experience. Hopefully next year we can go to Martinsville or Bristol. The Harvick/Elliott fan reactions at the CLT race were rather entertaining. I was not really a fan of the stage thing when it started, but seeing how my nephews responded to having the stages makes me appreciate them a little more.

Wolfman21

lol, my local station cut in halfway through the final lap to give an "update" on a "possible shooting" at some location nearby. They cut in to say...they didn't have any update. Are you fucking kidding me? lmao

Elite drive by Verstappen though...he earned that one

Wolfman21

Verstappen with a huge start...goes 3rd to 1st in turn 1....Bottas spun by Ricciardo. Verstappen, Hamilton, Perez is 1-3 now

Wolfman21

Verstappen wins by like 17 seconds. Perez pressured Hamilton for what seemed like the entire race and made two separate runs at him in the last 10 laps where he got within half a second but couldn't pass. Man I hope the next car in F1 really assists them in allowing the faster car to pass easier. Its amazing how you can run someone down from 7-8 seconds back and once you get within a second of them you just stall.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
So whoever’s up front in the nascar race is fastest. Ho hum. You’d think they’d fix this in the new car, but I bet not.

Wolfman21

So whoever’s up front in the nascar race is fastest. Ho hum. You’d think they’d fix this in the new car, but I bet not.

They're too busy thinking the fans want more "low horsepower, high downforce keep the gas pedal nailed to the floor and never lift" racing to change anything for the better.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
And there shouldn’t even be a battle for the championship. Larson won 10 fucking races. This shit should have been wrapped up last week.

Wolfman21

Larson deserves it, but that’s shitty racing.

yup. I don't agree with this crappy playoff format. I'm a chase elliott fan, and while i was happy he won last year, i still hated it. Its just dumb. Hell, Truex was running away with the championship because he got a lucky pit 1 lap before the caution with 65 to go. If another caution doesn't come out...hes your champion. Fucking stupid