• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NavyHog's not necessarily the news

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) El Paso - “Mother Fucking Leonard Fournette….fucking Fournette. I bet Les Miles is kicking himself right now for letting that kid go.” UTEP Coach Jesus Villa was seen muttering those words to his defensive coordinator as both men departed the field after a close 27-24 loss at home to Arkansas State. The JR-HB (99 OVR) ran over, around and away from Miners defenders for 129 yards rushing and also contributed 60 yards receiving. Unofficially he broke 2-3 tackles every play and accounted for 75% of the Red Wolves offense. UTEP had 3 costly turnovers, including a 30 yard scoop and score fumble, from the hands of SO-QB Dennis Hawthorne, who other than the miscues (also 2 INTs) was very efficient from the pocket (14-17, 225 yds, 1 TD).

Despite the loss I still LOVE how these sliders play out. Fournette was in complete “Marshawn Lynch” beast mode, and as frustrating as it got to see guys bounce off, he should have been “beasting”. No longer the days of seeing a 180 lb CB stone a 230 lb HB. Now was it totally realistic? No, but it was nice to see broken tackles (although it wasn’t nice to completely blow a play up, hit his back-up HB in the backfield, 3rd and 7 on my 9, and have him shuck them for the 1st down).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
hi-res-12a2a4d50bc60e1c95f2158eaeee5f15_crop_north.jpg

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) Jonesboro - The Arkansas State Red Wolves had the #1 UTEP Miners on the ropes in a meeting of Conference USA powers. The Red Wolves, who overcame a 10 point 4th-qtr deficit, had just scored on a 35 yd WR screen pass with 21 seconds left to take a 39-35 lead. Miners JR-QB Dennis Hawthorne (21-22, 303 yds, 3 TDs) looked at his guys in the huddle and asked, "Are you strong?" and the Miners responded, "WE STRONG!" - the first play was a 12 yd out pattern against soft man converage that put the ball on the 34, 2nd-1, with 18 seconds on the clock. The Miners then went 5 WR with 3 of the 5 WR on verticals and the Red Wolves defense was inexplicably in an almost 8 man front with the back 7 scrambling back in deep zones. The Miners inside slot FR-WR Watkins (95 spd) broke past the inside coverage, and after a short and was wide open down the middle of the field, caught a perfect pass from Hawthorne around the 6, and then scampered home to score the winning TD with 10 seconds left which made the score 42-39. The Arkansas State coach did not make himself or the team available for comment after the game, but loud yelling and what sounded like "equipment being smashed" was heard outside the locker room. For ESPN I'm Shelly Smith reporting live from Jonesboro.

UTEPMiners.png