• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Chase

1's. Arizona, Florida, Syracuse, Wichita State
2's. Duke, Kansas, Creighton, Wisconsin
3's. Virginia, Michigan, Michigan State, Villanova
4's. Iowa State, Saint Louis, Louisville, San Diego State
5's. Cincy, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA
6's. Ohio State, Iowa, Texas, UConn
7's. New Mexico, UMass, Oklahoma, Memphis
8's. SMU, Stanford, VCU, K-State
9's. George Washington, Cal, Xavier, Colorado
10s. Pitt, Gonzaga, Baylor, Arizona State
11s. Missouri, St Joe's, BYU, Oklahoma State
12s. St John's, Providence, Dayton, Harvard, Green Bay, North Dakota State
13s. S.F Austin, Toledo, Middle Tenn, Vermont
14s. Georgia State, Iona, Mercer, Delaware
15s. UC Irvine, BostonU, Belmont, NC Central
16s. Davidson, Robert Morris, Utah Valley, Weber State, Alabama State, High Point

Last 4: Oklahoma State, St John's, Providence, Dayton
First 4: Minnesota, Tennessee, Nebraska, Richmond
Others: Georgetown, WVU, LSU, Oregon, Southern Miss, Clemson, Marquette, La Tech

bruin

at the moment, I'd be fine with a 5 seed, but hoping we can win out and get to the pac-12 tourney final and get a 4.

Wop Genius

I'd love a 2 seed, but I don't see the committee giving Creighton anything higher than a 3. Unless they win both the regular season and tournament titles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Chase

A 2 seed is definitely Creighton's ceiling.. but now that SDSU won't get a 2 seed, they have a decent shot. As long as you win the BE title a 2/3 should be a no-brainer. B1G champs and Virginia could all be 2 seeds too.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Last 4: Oklahoma State, St John's, Providence, Dayton
First 4: Minnesota, Tennessee, Nebraska, Richmond
Others: Georgetown, WVU, LSU, Oregon, Southern Miss, Clemson, Marquette, La Tech
I'm a newb at this stuff. What exactly does this mean?

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
I think Duke and Cuse will play again in the ACC champ game and both get a 1. Zona will get one. I wouldn't be surprised if Kansas wins out and gets one, especially if Wichita loses

mongoose

As the likely #2 and #3 seed in the tournament, I imagine they'll have to settle for meeting in the semi-final game.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
In hindsight the game doesn't matter.. Syracuse, barring an early ACC tournament debacle will be in the East regional and at MSG. Virginia lowkey will be ACC regular season champs and Cuse/Duke would be a potential ACC semifinal instead.

Watching some Arizona State/Utah on ESPNU.. Utah is a longshot for a tourney spot, but I love their team.. if they win out and do damage in the Pac 12 tourney I could see them getting to the Sweet 16.
I think it matters a lot for a reason you mentioned. They need to be at MSG to have their best chance to go the Final Four. Losing their chance to be a 1 seed (potentially to Duke) is IMO really important.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think it matters a lot for a reason you mentioned. They need to be at MSG to have their best chance to go the Final Four. Losing their chance to be a 1 seed (potentially to Duke) is IMO really important.

Like the year they played the opening rounds in Buffalo and Regionals in Albany and won the championship with Carmelo.

Chase

Even if they were a 2 seed, chances are they're still playing at MSG (assuming Duke isn't a 1 in the East) with the stupid playing close to home rule. As long as Syracuse can beat UVA and win their last 4 regular season games, I think they'll get a 1 seed.

Wop Genius

Hoping for a Wichita St, Kansas, Creighton, St. Louis as 1-4 seeds in the same region.

Probably won't happen because of bracketing principles. At this point, WSU and KU are going to be locked into the 1/2 line, so they'll get to play in St. Louis. I think the committee only protects the top 2 seeds by priority for location in the first round, so that means a 2/3 seed Creighton and a 3/4 SLU would probably go to Milwaukee or San Antonio for bracketing purposes. Plus SLU can't play to a home crowd advantage.

Last edited:

Chase

1's. Arizona, Florida, Syracuse, Wichita State
2's. Duke, Kansas, Creighton, Wisconsin
3's. Virginia, Michigan, Michigan State, Villanova
4's. Iowa State, Louisville, San Diego State, Cincy
5's. Saint Louis, North Carolina, UCLA, Texas
6's. Kentucky, Iowa, UConn, New Mexico
7's. Ohio State, UMass, Oklahoma, SMU
8's. VCU, K-State, Arizona State, George Washington
9's. Memphis, Stanford, Pitt, Gonzaga
10s. Xavier, St Joe's, Colorado, Baylor
11s. Cal, BYU, Oklahoma State, Minnesota
12s. Arkansas, Providence, Oregon, Harvard, Green Bay, North Dakota State
13s. La Tech, S.F Austin, Western Michigan, Vermont
14s. Georgia State, Iona, Mercer, Delaware
15s. UC Irvine, BostonU, Belmont, NC Central
16s. Davidson, Robert Morris, Utah Valley, Weber State, Alabama State, High Point

Last 4: Minnesota, Arkansas, Providence, Oregon
First 4: Tennessee, St John's, Florida State, Marquette
Others: Missouri, Nebraska, Georgetown, Richmond, LSU, Southern Miss

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That dude who threw the ball is a douche and should be suspended, but the others you can't get mad they defended themselves.

Bdub

No it was embarrassing for the fans as few of them as there are. My cousin plays for them is why I was even there. According to him NMSU is a really dirty team.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's what I mean. Regardless of the game, if fans get in the players' faces they need to be prepared. You can't just be a dick for no reason, and we shouldn't protect the assholes. Guy that threw the ball at the player to start it all should be suspended though.

Bdub

Nah I was to busy trying to figure out how beating New Mexico State was good enough to warrant rushing the court.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Watching UConn-Cincy and Mick Kronin starts yelling at a ref about a call and the ref gets right back in his face. Never T'd him up either, it was awesome refeering

Chase

Best time of the year... Atlantic Sun and Patriot league tourneys are all set. SHAMPSHIP week(s) starts in about 45 hours.

colb

Not really surprised (or excited) about KU losing in Stillwater. Seems to happen just about every time they come here. We still suck.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Not really surprised (or excited) about KU losing in Stillwater. Seems to happen just about every time they come here. We still suck.
You can get excited about a win every once in a while, you know. I know that every time we win a game in any sport it's because the other team gave the game away, but hey if it wins us games it wins us games, eh?

It'll make sports more enjoyable too.

colb

I'm happy. Don't get me wrong. But we just had a 7 game losing streak in a year we were supposed to win the Big12. And somehow this will just prolong Coach Fords tenure at OSU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I'm happy. Don't get me wrong. But we just had a 7 game losing streak in a year we were supposed to win the Big12. And somehow this will just prolong Coach Fords tenure at OSU.

By prolong I hope you mean another ten year extension!

:laughing:

colb

I don't think he's a good coach at all. He's not even mediocre. He's a great recruiter, and he's an awesome guy. He represents the University well. But he's not good at actual coaching.

Tonight was the best the team has played since our loss in Lawrence, earlier in the season. The only difference was the location. KU has problems in Stillwater.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Meh. I don't know much of anything about basketball to judge. I can't imagine he is that bad. During that 7-game losing streak I was pissed at times but I just don't know shit about bball and I don't feel like I'm in a position to judge.

Wouldn't be sad to see him go but won't be mad to see him around the next few years. I want nothing for the best for all of those involved.

colb

To me it's about ball movement, and player movement away from the ball. I feel like I'm watching an NBA game, when OSU is on the court.... except we don't have NBA players. Everyone just kind of stands there, they dribble a bunch... 1 or 2 passes behind an on-ball screen, then they chunk up a jumpshot.

Tonight, we saw more player movement. And as a result, we won.

Here are some full games from Eddie Sutton's days as our head coach. Two things will stand out: His aggressive man-to-man defense (he almost never called zone), and his approach to get the ball inside as soon as possible. Many times, you see the ball bounce inside before all 5 players are even across the half court line. We didn't always have the best shooters, but we moved the ball, and we played very very hard defense.

I know most of those are from 2004 (our Final Four season). Mainly because that's about all that's on YouTube. I did throw in the game from 2001...a year we weren't very good or ranked, but we still played that same style of basketball.

Again, Ford's teams have always had an issue with finishing games. We have a good defense this year, mainly because of our length and quickness. Not so much because of coaching.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Well from my perspective it all seems very comparable to Nebraska football and their fans.

colb

Well from my perspective it all seems very comparable to Nebraska football and their fans.

Eh....

Try OU football in the 90's. Big difference.

They were used to winning. Then hall of fame coach leaves. They bounce between crappy coaches. Recruiting isn't an issue (wasn't for OU). Just need someone to lead.

OSU pulls in some legitimate recruiting classes. Top 10. Top 5. Marcus Smart? He was a top 5 player I believe.

But what product do we end up with? Another losing record in the Big 12 and NCAA bubble watch. Meh.

We don't have to be Eddie's team. I just used that to illustrate how a good coached team moves and plays, compared to our current product.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Don't think there is anything more satisfying to see in basketball than a 10 second violation.

Chase

1's. Arizona, Florida, Wichita State, Syracuse
2's. Duke, Kansas, Wisconsin, Virginia
3's. Michigan, Creighton, Villanova, Iowa State
4's. Michigan State, San Diego State, Cincy, North Carolina
5's. UCLA, Louisville, Saint Louis, Oklahoma
6's. UConn, Texas, New Mexico, UMass
7's. VCU, Ohio State, Iowa, Kentucky
8's. Arizona State, K-State, Memphis, Gonzaga
9's. SMU, Xavier, Pitt, Oklahoma State
10s. George Washington, Stanford, St Joe's, Baylor
11s. BYU, Arkansas, Colorado, Cal
12s. Providence, Oregon, Tennessee, Harvard, Green Bay, North Dakota St
13s. La Tech, S.F. Austin, Iona, Buffalo
14s. Belmont, Delaware, Vermont, Florida Golf Coast
15s. Georgia State, BostonU, UC Irvine, NC Central
16s. Davidson, Robert Morris, Weber State, Utah Valley, High Point, Alabama State

Last 4 in: Cal, Providence, Oregon, Tennessee
First 4 out: Minnesota, St John's, Florida State, Nebraska
Others: Dayton, Missouri, Southern Miss, Utah, Richmond, Georgetown, Illinois

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I don't really understand that part of the seeding. The 12 seeds with play in games. Why wouldn't they just do the bottom 8?

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Chase I am sure will have a better answer, but those 12 seeds should be the last at large teams into the tournament. 13-16 are low level auto bids, nobody is going to watch a bunch of 16 seeds play each other on Tuesday night. 12 seeds should have some name recognition.

Chase

I don't really understand that part of the seeding. The 12 seeds with play in games. Why wouldn't they just do the bottom 8?

These games are all on truTV, so it's not really a ratings issue. It's the last non AQ teams (11-12 seeds who didn't win their conferences) and 4 worst tournament champions because they still want to reward some of the 16 seeds who won their tourney championship to play an actual tournament game. I wouldn't be surprised in 5 years if you saw the tourney expand to 76 teams and do a 1st 8 and then all 16 seeds had to play in.