• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

GR8 2 B FL G8R

We've talked about the trippy Bill Walton segment before where he basically runs around on acid wearing a tie dye shirt?

I believe it has been confirmed that I did not hallucinate it

atlbraves

bill-walton-306x356.jpg

GR8 2 B FL G8R

There was a whole segment that was something like a pro wrestling vignette from the 90s is the only way I can describe it. It was like sketch comedy where he was in obvious drug situations.

bruin

Walton is the man.

Anybody watch New Mexico/UNLV? Wonder where Musberger was staying. I say The Mirage. But anyway, Bob Knight is so bad.

Last edited:

atlbraves

Walton is the man.

Anybody watch New Mexico/UNLV? Wonder where Musberger was staying. I say The Mirage. But anyway, Bob Knight is so bad. Amazing how ESPN keeps that douche employed.

I think Bob Knight breaks the game down pretty well, and does a decent enough job (relatively) of trying not to be a dick. Both Walton and Knight are a million miles ahead of Dan Dakich.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
"Good shot by the big kid."
"Good shot by the big kid."
"Nice shot by the big kid."

-Bob Knight

FTFY. Knight is at his best when he's talking shit about the refs. And that's about it.

Walton on is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Duke looked like Herb Sendek NC State last night. The 3's didn't fall and they didn't know what to do. Teams with that approach never go deep in the tournament.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I've noticed that the bookies didn't know how to handicap the g8rs at all

They were making us 3 point favorites on the road against unranked SEC shit tier BBall schools

Besides the Auburn game, I've made a killing betting on the G8Rs this year

Enough to put a down payment on a benz

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I wonder how you would have done if you were going against Syracuse in the spread all year too. The amount of close games they had is...absurd.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Duke looked like Herb Sendek NC State last night. The 3's didn't fall and they didn't know what to do. Teams with that approach never go deep in the tournament.
It's not even that. They have no size on the inside. They got killed on the offensive glass last night. Really bad shot selection to boot.

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
It's not even that. They have no size on the inside. They got killed on the offensive glass last night. Really bad shot selection to boot.
The youngest Plumlee is quietly turning into a pretty solid player. Something to look out for. I remember the year they won the title, Zoubek kind of transformed from a punch line into a force inside over the course of the season.

Chase

I think Creighton would score 120 on this terrible Duke D. Too dependent on the 3.. gonna make some good monies when they're the tourney favorite..

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I hate Ts on coaches, 80% of the time it's called is because the coach was correctly calling him out on his bullshit and the ref power trips.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
A block/charge call went Duke's way late in the game at Cameron. Let me get my surprised face.

carlos-boozer-shocked-face-bulls-beat-knicks-woodson.jpg

goblue96

He's a Notre Dame homer.

Also, LMAO at Xavier Johnson for predicting that CU would blow out Arizona (with Brandon Ashley) by 20 in Boulder. Whoops.

Shocking how the man who was head coach at Notre Dame for 20 years would be a Notre Dame homer.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
It's not shocking. It's just annoying, just like any homer. No one likes hearing Dookie V slobber all over Duke. The same goes for Phelps and Notre Dame and Bill Walton (when he's not high off his ass) and UCLA.

purple112

Go Berzerk
After watching the play in question, I'm Clint on this. It was a charge. Duke player got there about a second sooner.

Chase

Hood was still shuffling his feet and moving right when the shot motion was initiated and still never got to the spot. It's a blocking foul and it's not close, especially with the new charge/blocking rule.

Last edited:

Wop Genius

Hood was still shuffling his feet and moving right when the shot motion was initiated and still never got to the spot. It's a blocking foul and it's not close, especially with the knew charge/blocking rule.

This. So many focus on the placement of the feet with a block/charge. But like Chase said, if the offensive player has already begun a "basketball move" and initiated the shot motion they he is entitled to finish his movement. This is how the rule has always been, but the refs have always looked only at the whether a player was set or at that stupid restricted arc. You'd think with the new points of emphasis this year they'd get the call right, but of course they didn't at Cameron Indoor :turrible:

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
It was a truly awful call. But the call did not effectively end the game. They still had a chance. There was enough time left. Boeheim going postal and giving Duke 4 shots and the ball lost them the game. That's why I laughed so hard when it happened.

goblue96

It was a truly awful call. But the call did not effectively end the game. They still had a chance. There was enough time left. Boeheim going postal and giving Duke 4 shots and the ball lost them the game. That's why I laughed so hard when it happened.

This.

Still didn't stop me though from trolling one of my friends who was a bench player for Duke on the '92 and '93 championship teams. He got so fecking defensive about the call. Right then, I knew it was a block (I didn't watch the game just nutopia's reaction) and not a charge.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Last year that's a charge. This year with a secondary defender sliding over against a guy who has a clear path to the basket it is a block. Or maybe even no call. Parker ran someone over lowering his shoulder into him earlier in the game. And 1.

The calls Duke got at home were insane. Syracuse got 20 offensive rebounds and pounded the paint yet Duke got 11 more FTs with Cuse playing a zone. That's just the way it is I guess.

Also first time Boeheim has been ejected in a regular season game in his 38 years as HC. It was that bad of a call.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
He almost threw his jacket off, it was awesome.

It's okay though 'Cuse is still obviously very good.

Chase

In hindsight the game doesn't matter.. Syracuse, barring an early ACC tournament debacle will be in the East regional and at MSG. Virginia lowkey will be ACC regular season champs and Cuse/Duke would be a potential ACC semifinal instead.

Watching some Arizona State/Utah on ESPNU.. Utah is a longshot for a tourney spot, but I love their team.. if they win out and do damage in the Pac 12 tourney I could see them getting to the Sweet 16.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Let's be honest - nobody actually knows whether that was a charge or a block because nobody understands that rule. That is a block at the Carrier Dome, and was a charge at Cameron Indoor. Maybe we should stop pretending that refs get that call right and realize that anything close is just a coin flip.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Yeah, that's how I see it. Duke probably got screwed at the Carrier Dome. It balances out.

I'm certainly no fan of Duke but seeing Boeheim flip his shit was great. He's been passively bitching about being in the ACC all year, maybe his geezer ass should just fucking retire if he hates it so much.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Seeing Boeheim flip out was awesome :laughing: Even if it was the wrong call, it wasn't awful enough to flip out about it like that. I can understand why he did it, but I also think a coaching "legend" like that should be able to keep his calm there.