• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Tournament - Midwest Region Discussion

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Talk all Midwest Region happenings here.

midwest_zps5c0d90da.png

Last edited:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
All I want is to win this game on Tuesday night, have TJ fucking pop off on a national stage, in turn clinching lottery pick status, so we can speak tales of him for generations. That's all I really ask for.

Chase

KenPom has this as the easiest bracket and I think he's right. Top 4 seeds are good, but once you get past that, it's very meh. Saint Louis and UMass are severely overseeded and are the worst 5 & 6 seeds in the field. Texas is 3-5 in their last 8 and Arizona State only beat Arizona in a very flukey 2OT game. 2nd best win is at Cal. So if you're Duke/Michigan you have to both love getting to the Sweet 16. I love Sportscenter is going all in with Kentucky dropping a rape hammer on Wichita State in round 2. All the more reason to think K-State beats Kentucky.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Duke is a terrible matchup for Michigan, at least based on the game this year. But yeah, Michigan should be able to cruise to the sweet 16. UMass is going to lose to Iowa or Tennessee. Duke might get into trouble against Iowa, but also should be pretty easy to the sweet 16. I think it's an easy bracket because it'll be all chalk in the sweet 16 most likely, but then after that it's a pretty big toss up. Any of those 4 could make the final four.

And I have a feeling K-State beats Kentucky, too. Kentucky is a mess.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Game time. Fuck Xavier as a staff, record label, and as a motherfucking crew. And if you want to be down with Xavier, then fuck you too.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Damn Kyle Washington is starting for NC State? I remember that guy being one of the worst guys I'd ever seen play AAU for Howard Pulley when he was in Minnesota. That was 3 or 4 years ago, the couple years at prep school must have helped. He's looking good.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Fatass Beejay got like 3 blocks already. He's my favorite obese fishfaced center.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That was a good first half, balanced scoring was crucial. Vandenburg needs to stop getting punked by ole Steiny in the paint doe.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Beejay has been a fucking monster. If he loses 50 pounds he could be nasty

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That game couldn't of gone any better. They play like that and they can definitely beat St. Louis. Not Lullvull doe. They will rape.

Wop Genius

All the bitching about Louisville by the national pundits is ridiculous. Personally I think a 3 is probably deserved, but a 1? LOL. If you really look at the "body of work" for the whole season, then numbers seem to support Louisville is no where close to the 1 line. The 1s are the four best "resumes" and not necessarily the four best teams. Yeah, the Cards are playing better than anyone right now but their early season wasn't spectacular. The AAC is 5 good teams and 5 terrible teams. Their SOS is weak, very meh non-con schedule.

On the flip side, if the committee followed their own rules then Virginia shouldn't be a #1. Their non-con schedule is terrible and they have some poor losses. They play an unbalanced schedule in the ACC and managed to avoid playing the top teams twice. They got that #1 seed solely because they doubled-up on the ACC championships (ACC is #5 in conference RPI btw). Michigan losing the B1G title game really fucked the bracket because they would've been the 4th #1 seed.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
But Louis-ville has Rick Pitino as their corch. That automatically bumps them up a seed line. :laughing:

Chase

All the bitching about Louisville by the national pundits is ridiculous. Personally I think a 3 is probably deserved, but a 1? LOL. If you really look at the "body of work" for the whole season, then numbers seem to support Louisville is no where close to the 1 line. The 1s are the four best "resumes" and not necessarily the four best teams. Yeah, the Cards are playing better than anyone right now but their early season wasn't spectacular. The AAC is 5 good teams and 5 terrible teams. Their SOS is weak, very meh non-con schedule.

On the flip side, if the committee followed their own rules then Virginia shouldn't be a #1. Their non-con schedule is terrible and they have some poor losses. They play an unbalanced schedule in the ACC and managed to avoid playing the top teams twice. They got that #1 seed solely because they doubled-up on the ACC championships (ACC is #5 in conference RPI btw). Michigan losing the B1G title game really fucked the bracket because they would've been the 4th #1 seed.

I thought the committee did a terrible job. I'm fine with SMU not getting in, but how is BYU a 10 seed? Can't gripe with Virginia getting a 1 because there are only 3 true #1 seeds. But their non-conference RPI was terrible and it seemed like that was the committees biggest thing this year.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Jordair Jett is one of the oddest shaped point guards I've had the pleasure of watching

bruin

#5 for St. Lou looks like a guy I would recruit in my NCAA 2K8 legacy

GO NICHOLLS STATE COLONELS

Reactions: Wuf

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Anya needs to lose weight but i hope it's more like 40 than 100...I've romanticized the idea of a massive spaceater center on State for years and he has all the characteristics of filling that void.

Just enough to play 25 minutes a game.

Chase

Saint Louis: another team that can't score.

Shoutout the NC State guard with the Bow Wow 'Like Mike' braids

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
As soon as I started feeling cocky how shitty Saint Louis was, State started running terrible offense and leavin' people wide open. Warren is forcing the issue at the moment, need to get him in a flow.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Not so fast. State is in freefall mode, Saint Louis has just been awful on offense.