• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Tournament - What's your favorite Wisky?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Allen gonna catch a rape charge giving that patented stiff arm to some Co ed in a year or so

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I kinda think Sammy was concussed, really didn't look right all night after leaving early.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
CB9aescUgAIBOwB.jpg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
ESPN's Jay Bilas said on ESPN after the game, "I wasn't picking apart the officiating in this one. I don't think officiating had anything to do with the winner or loser."

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Bo Ryan don't do rent a player. amf his dumbass players that dribble around and play hot potato (was that the same guy? Idk they all look alike to me) won't be doing rent a car.

PSUEagle

Bo Ryan don't do rent a player. amf his dumbass players that dribble around and play hot potato (was that the same guy? Idk they all look alike to me) won't be doing rent a car.

I know this is meant purely as a joke, but I think he was just venting since Wisconsin hasn't gotten a recruiting bump at all despite their success. They can't even get the top guys in their own state!

Brick

I know this is meant purely as a joke, but I think he was just venting since Wisconsin hasn't gotten a recruiting bump at all despite their success. They can't even get the top guys in their own state!
nah, he was being smug and saying he doesn't want those players because they will leave for the NBA. he was fapping to his own aptitude as a corch.

but that was the first time i watched a postgame presser in years. wow some extremely dumb shit questions that got corch ryan livid. i don't blame him.

loved kaminski in the post game presser: "no" i thought the media was a fun game wisconsin? where the jokes at?

still riding high. fuck duke doe.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
nah, he was being smug and saying he doesn't want those players because they will leave for the NBA. he was fapping to his own aptitude as a corch.

Krzyzewski was like that for awhile in the mid to late 00s. Those Greg Paulus teams weren't scaring anyone. He eventually conceded and had 2 15 seed losses but now he's proven he can adapt to coaching freshmen. I think coaching for Team USA has helped him learn how to coach NBA players and it's finally translating with the elite freshmen at Duke. Magnificent bastard.

Brick

Krzyzewski was like that for awhile in the mid to late 00s. Those Greg Paulus teams weren't scaring anyone. He eventually conceded and had 2 15 seed losses but now he's proven he can adapt to coaching freshmen. I think coaching for Team USA has helped him learn how to coach NBA players and it's finally translating with the elite freshmen at Duke. Magnificent bastard.
you're exactly right. for a long while they didn't overwhelm teams with athleticism.

i don't think wisconsin could lure players like that though, for a number of reasons. they could probably get one guy every other year.

PSUEagle

but that was the first time i watched a postgame presser in years. wow some extremely dumb shit questions that got corch ryan livid. i don't blame him.

loved kaminski in the post game presser: "no" i thought the media was a fun game wisconsin? where the jokes at?

still riding high. fuck duke doe.

Full disclosure: I don't follow recruiting. However, I did read something a week ago on ESPN about how a Top 10 recruit FROM Milwaukee opted to sign with Maryland instead. He's also lost a couple other high(er) profile kids as well recently IIRC. You'd think that good players would want to play for him and develop/get better, but he's an old school coach who isn't going to coddle kids. Still, compare how much better Wisconsin kids are when they enter vs when they leave to Kentucky: has Cauley-Stein gotten any better on offense in three years under Calipari?

Bob Knight said a few years ago that Ryan is the best in the business considering how good they consistently are despite never getting guys who are big time recruits. I wouldn't blame him for being a little arrogant about that: he's really good at what he does.

Having said that, Coach K is the best of all time IMO.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
So I will say I thought Wisconsin coach and players handled the post game as bad as they could. Complaining about stepping out of bounds and the fingertip call in the locker room comes off really bad.

A couple of points of clarification though.

Bo was asked about 5th year graduate transfer players, like Russel Wilson. He responded by saying he wouldn't bring those type of players in because he couldn't develop them or help them grow. I think a lot took that as him bashing the one and done freshmen, which we all agree he would take if he could get them.

The "in state" recruit they lost to Maryland Diamond Stone. While anytime losing a local kid sucks and a Top 10 recruit. He family is actually from Maryland and the East Coast, so he kinda going home. He lived most of his life in Wisconsin, but before that they were from Maryland's Eastern Shore area.

Like I said I hated how Wisconsin acted last night blaming the officials, but the other two things above are kinda getting blown out of proportion imo

CJ_24

I think Diamond Stone failed to qualify academically at Wisconsin. I don't know if that's why he chose Maryland, but I know that's been an issue throughout his recruitment.

I thought the officiating was fine. I thought wisconsin screwed themselves down the stretch with how they played on offense. I know they're a jump shot heavy team, but they settled way to much for jumpers (especially when they got the 8 point lead). Duke came back with Winslow and Okafor on the bench, which is pretty shameful because that's the one point in the game where Wisconsin had a serious advantage inside. Instead the wing players weren't patient enough to let the post players get position. There were numerous possessions where Kaminisky, Dekker and Hayes had mismatches on the block, but the wing players would swing the ball before those guys were able to actually set up down low. It was frustrating to watch.

To me, that's why Wisconsin lost. That's why Duke was in double bonus while Wisconsin only had 4 or 5 fouls with more than 5 minutes remaining. That wasn't officiating, that was Duke going to the rim While Wisconsin was fondling their balls out on the perimeter.

Brick

Bo was asked about 5th year graduate transfer players, like Russel Wilson. He responded by saying he wouldn't bring those type of players in because he couldn't develop them or help them grow. I think a lot took that as him bashing the one and done freshmen, which we all agree he would take if he could get them.
nah b. he wasn't asked about that. he was asked if it would be hard to say goodbye to the seniors.

he said they don't do "rent-a-players, um, you know what i mean...try to take a fifth year guy or WHATEVER". he knew everyone knew what he meant (one and dones) and then qualified it with the fifth year thing. duke and kentucky and michigan state don't do that. that rule doesn't have a significant impact on CBB anyway. he was clearly talking about the one and dones cause he all mad.

i like how people are all shocked at his behavior. do they watch the games? he even said during the press conference when someone asked if he thought the refs did a bad job, "i mean do you see me during games?" the attitude of his players is the same every time they foul.

he just doesn't sugar coat it like corch k so all the basics love him.

i actually like that his attitude in press conferences is the same as it is in games. he's not faking it at least.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
State getting mad love in these dumbass too early.preseason polls. That.means another year on the bubble

Brick

this should have been on one shining moment. dekker saying "that is only a foul if it's me brah"

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Full disclosure: I don't follow recruiting. However, I did read something a week ago on ESPN about how a Top 10 recruit FROM Milwaukee opted to sign with Maryland instead. He's also lost a couple other high(er) profile kids as well recently IIRC. You'd think that good players would want to play for him and develop/get better, but he's an old school coach who isn't going to coddle kids. Still, compare how much better Wisconsin kids are when they enter vs when they leave to Kentucky: has Cauley-Stein gotten any better on offense in three years under Calipari?

Bob Knight said a few years ago that Ryan is the best in the business considering how good they consistently are despite never getting guys who are big time recruits. I wouldn't blame him for being a little arrogant about that: he's really good at what he does.

Having said that, Coach K is the best of all time IMO.
Aside from getting injured last year in the tourney I believe, cauley-stein needed 2+ years on a calipari coached team. That's his fault, not calapari's