• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK OOTP 23 - A Love Letter to You

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
We are thrilled to announce that Out of the Park Baseball 23 will be available worldwide on April 22, 2022 - and can be pre-ordered today! For the 23rd year in a row, we make your baseball dreams come true. Play what the Pros play!

We have so much to tell you about Out of the Park Baseball 23, so be sure to check out our Road to Release schedule below. We will be debuting our official OOTP 23 trailer, having a deep dive conversation with Markus Heinsohn on all the new features, plus a special dedicated Perfect Team 23 show too!

You can pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 23 for $35.99 directly from our website, which nets you a 10% discount off the full retail price. When you pre-order today, you will get early access to the final beta version of the game on April 19, 3 days before the official April 22 release date!

Plus! Everyone who pre-orders or buys OOTP 23 during launch week gets a bonus Gold Pack in Perfect Team mode!*

Steam and Epic Store customers: The game will launch on Steam and Epic on April 22 with a one-week 10% launch discount. There is no Steam or Epic preorder available. The Steam and Epic Store Coming Soon pages will be live soon - so be sure to add OOTP 23 to your wishlist!

image12010174.png

Here's a little teaser trailer on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVin...ature=youtu.be

The real trailer will be launched soon!
001_smile.gif

Thanks for your support!
Markus & the entire OOTP Team

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
We better keep WBL alive or i'm going to be playing PT again. I've been out of it for a few month now...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
New features in OOTP 23 include:

● All new visual improvements! Player faces have been added to in-game 3D models, hundreds of new 3D animation updates have been added, the all-new Cleveland Guardians logos/uniform/stadium is here, along with all-new sortable team statistics and the ability to search for, filter, and tag in-game news messages!
● Unlimited Alternate Uniforms! At long last, you can create Alternate uniforms for your team - and the options are virtually unlimited! Design hat/jersey/pant combinations to your heart’s content, and designate the uniforms for days of the week and/or even specific dates of the year!
● All new In-Game Tutorials! For the first time ever, Out of the Park Baseball offers in-game guides highlighting all kinds of interesting information. Rookies and veterans alike will love these simple, powerful explainers - and more will be added all season long based on feedback from the community.
● Dramatically updated Live Starts! Our wildly popular Live Starts feature just got massively bigger and better - we now feature Full Minors from Low-A all the way through AAA for each organization whenever you Live Start from any day of the entire 2022 season!
● In-game simulation engine upgrades! We’ve crunched massive amounts of data and crafted a significantly improved in-game core simulation engine, which will benefit not just the traditional Franchise Mode but also Perfect Team! Plus, all-new ratings balances for historical players AND a much-improved version of Negro League player ratings are in place!
● New 2022 MLB rules, tactics, playoffs, and strategies! Baseball continues evolving each year - and we have got you covered. From the new playoff structure to the universal DH, the latest and greatest MLB experience is here for you!
● New customizable options to create your own unique experience! Ever want to see what ties would be like in MLB? Or change up the playoffs with a full double elimination tournament or greatly expanded Round-Robin options? All sorts of new options are available to tinker with to design your own personal baseball heaven.
● New tools for Online Leagues! A new “waypoints’ system allows online league Commissioners to mark customized simulation dates, and a new “limited power” Commissioner option expands the ability for multiple people to help run online leagues.
● Many, many more improvements, all built upon the incredibly deep award-winning Out of the Park Baseball engine that has accurately simulated the World Series winner the past three of the past five seasons on MLB Network!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
New features in OOTP 23 include:

● In-game simulation engine upgrades! We’ve crunched massive amounts of data and crafted a significantly improved in-game core simulation engine, which will benefit not just the traditional Franchise Mode but also Perfect Team! Plus, all-new ratings balances for historical players AND a much-improved version of Negro League player ratings are in place!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Just a reminder that we could have had Out Of The Stadium Football (OOTSF) but ended up with some Korean mobile gaming company or whatever. Imagine this DYING VINE with sim football.

Front Office Football Development
“To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly,” – Henri-Louis Bergson

February 20, 2021

Today marks 23 years since I was last employed. I’ve enjoyed creating Front Office Football and shepherding it through eight full versions and numerous large updates. I’ve learned to solve a wide variety of issues related to running a business. And now it’s time for something new.

This week, I began a job with a startup company. This is an exciting opportunity for me, one that will bring brand new challenges and use many of the skills I’ve built over the last 23 years.

The computer gaming industry has grown enormously during that time. When I started, computers simply weren’t big enough to support the development work of many programmers. A lot has changed since the ‘90s. About ten years ago, I started to feel I couldn’t work on the heart of Front Office Football as much as I desired because making the game prettier and maintaining a GUI took up too much time. I never did catch up in that regard.

I knew I needed to find a team willing to put together a new GUI and provide artwork and formal marketing if I wanted to continue developing this type of game. I thought I had found the right opportunity four years ago, but what looked perfect at first ended up not working out.

At that point, with three more years essentially lost, I had to decide whether to continue along that path or move in a new direction. An offer arrived, and it appealed to me in a way that seems suited for this stage in my career.

I am selling the Front Office Football code to this new company, where we will use it and algorithms based on its concepts to power some of the features in a new sports gaming venture. It took a while to finalize this offer and get the new team and its funding together. That is why I’ve had to remain quiet about it for the last few months.

We’re not ready to make any announcements about the project, so I’m going to keep my head down and not discuss it while we’re in the early development stages. When it’s time, we hope that it will appeal to many of you. The new project isn’t like anything you’ve seen before, and that’s a big part of why I’m excited to get started and use my experience to help shape it and become part of something cutting edge. It’s time to let go of the past.

What will happen to Front Office Football? Since I was waiting to get started on this new project, I decided to go ahead and create 2020 data files. Those have been added to Front Office Football Eight with a new update along with this announcement. No code, other than the few lines needed to support the 2020 starting option, has been changed since the last update. It wasn’t feasible to go back and add the new features I had created for FOF9 since that project was using very different data structures.

The Steam versions will remain on sale as they are, with no future updates or patches planned as I no longer own the code. The ViaTech versions (including the seriously outdated College Years) will no longer be available, though ViaTech still maintains its electronic licensing system. Nothing is ever certain, but I think it’s unlikely that there will ever be a new Front Office Football stand-alone game.

I enjoyed being part of this community, but this is the right move for me at this time. It’s an opportunity to reinvent myself and be part of a team that I think will shape future sports simulations.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
My Tigers save is corrupt. :( Started a run with the Nationals and for some reason we keep winning? I haven't touched the roster except to extend Soto.

I wanted Termarr in the draft but he was gone. Got Jackson Holliday.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Up to 4th ranked farm with zero fleecing of actual top prospects. Basically targeted some underrated prospects that will have good OOTP careers based on ratings.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Cavalli graduated from the prospect list and this guy slid right in, so holding strong at number 4 farm.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Uhh yikes IFA is loaded.

Romero could hold down a corner spot but has no eye. I've never seen that much blue in every field except eye. OSORTO can play any position but has 45 error IF and OF. I can't tell if OSORTO or Cracker have the better bat. Having a pure contact/power sounds LEGENDARY.

Attachments

• 1654531977084.png
    1654531977084.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Cracker wanted to go to ATLANTA. I shifted to OSORTO and landed him.

Should I start a dynasty threat that no one will read? Or keep talking to myself here?

Wolfman21

Cracker wanted to go to ATLANTA. I shifted to OSORTO and landed him.

Should I start a dynasty threat that no one will read? Or keep talking to myself here?

I would read. I enjoy this shit, just don’t have the time to do it myself right now. Not much chews up time like ootp baseball

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I forgot to hire a pitching corch, so I hired John Farrell! I'm hoping this helps my pitching staff turn the corner, although I do admire their grit coaching themselves for the past 5 months!

We could have had a football game, and instead got a likely software supply chain attacked mobile app!

Gooksta

@Gooksta give me some roster construction strategy ideas. NO 3 true outcomes allowed.
Just the high contact, high speed/baserunning ability guys offense.. turn up aggression on baserunning ability and basestealing.. look to go to 1st to third/1st to home more often.. and 2nd to home.... cut out strikeouts as much as possible.. view fielders choices as wins.. i liked left handed bats also, when there is a runner on first you can get him to second on fielders choices more when its hit to 4.3 hole... strikeouts are empty outs... you wanna try and put the ball in play to keep baserunners moving.. base stealing isnt as important than baserunning.. but if you can get both it will help. Baserunners taking extra bases whenever possible is the key.. keep the line moving type offense.. smallball but without bunting.. having 1 or 2 big hr/bopper types is recommened to balance out the lineup..

This is with the assumption baserunning and base stealing sliders are still in the game.

If i remember correctly, high contact guys were typically below avg fielders.. so shift more if.thats a slider option also

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Missed the playoffs by 2 games. :/ Just didn't have the rotation to get it done. Glad the Mets didn't win.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I had the number one offense in the league and already made a few moves to improve it. But my pitching was garb.

Traded for Waldichuk. I think he'll be good. Cavalli was a rookie and will be good. Josiah Gray is great IRL but not in this game unfortunately.

Then, really need Corbin off the books and Stras just needs to retire. He's hard-coded to rupture UCLs, lol.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Didn't make MOUNT .500 this past year. I signed Edwin Diaz and look at his 2023 and 2024

Insane BABIP and now he's untradeable. Also the team got sold and is fiscally Controlling. Such a bummer, I got Corbin's money off the books to free agency ($35M) and still I have no money.