• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Professional Rasslin' - It's reel to us

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
bronbreakkerjpg.jpg

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
After watching all the Royal Rumbles (just the endings of the matches but both mens and womens Rumbles in full), I watched the WrestleMania Rewind. It showed some of the classic matches from WrestleMania and gave the history behind them. It was nice to see some of the matches from the first several, before I got into wrestling. Also nice to relive some like Warrior vs. Hulk. And FUN to see some of the big ones from after I stopped watching all the time. To me, the greatest WrestleMania match of all time was Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, to me. I don't care much for HBK, but man that was a great match.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Shawn vs Taker is up there. Still think I have Bret-Austin as my personal top WM match of all time

I just checked that out. Hitman was always my favorite as a kid. My favorite heel as a kid was Mr. Perfect. I probably would have been a huge Jericho fan if I'd stuck with it. I'll see about checking out G8R's recommendations at some point.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I just checked that out. Hitman was always my favorite as a kid. My favorite heel as a kid was Mr. Perfect. I probably would have been a huge Jericho fan if I'd stuck with it. I'll see about checking out G8R's recommendations at some point.
I was a big fan of Bret as a kid, but Austin is probably my #1 all time.
If we’re throwing out matches for you to watch, Jericho vs HBK at WM 19 is also up there for me.

Skeeter

Uber felon
It’s a shoot
Not doubting you in the least but honest question, how can you tell?

I was watching aew quite a bit during the height of the pandemic but I probably haven't watched in over a year. They had some wild storylines just curious what proves this is a shoot?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Not doubting you in the least but honest question, how can you tell?

I was watching aew quite a bit during the height of the pandemic but I probably haven't watched in over a year. They had some wild storylines just curious what proves this is a shoot?
I trust the reporters saying it’s a shoot. Plus the nature of it. It doesn’t mean it can’t turn into a work later and they make money off of it, but CM Punks out 6+ months with a torn tricep, so the timing made sense for him to just get all the stuff that was bothering him out before he was sidelined again.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
@Skeeter, plus it’s been slowly escalating .
I like Punk, but he’s not the reason I started watching AEW, have gone to 4 TV tapings, and if he leaves, I’m not gonna stop watching or going to shows.

CJ_24

Flair, Michaels and Austin would all be ahead for me. Maybe Jericho but I know very few would agree with me on that one.
Those are all good choices. My view is to put Taker ahead of Austin and Michaels only because of his consistency and longevity compared to those two.

Fair's the Godfather. I don't know enough about Jericho's career to have an opinion on him.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Those are all good choices. My view is to put Taker ahead of Austin and Michaels only because of his consistency and longevity compared to those two.

Fair's the Godfather. I don't know enough about Jericho's career to have an opinion on him.
Jericho's been around for 30 years, changed his character a ton of times and had it work and is a hell of a wrestler. Definitely in my personal top 3. Either way, a lot of guys I'd have over Undertaker, including Sting!

CJ_24

Jericho's been around for 30 years, changed his character a ton of times and had it work and is a hell of a wrestler. Definitely in my personal top 3. Either way, a lot of guys I'd have over Undertaker, including Sting!
That's fair. I don't agree with the last sentence, but I can't say that you're wrong

CJ_24

Aren't most of the top guys from Texas/the souf? I would be shocked if most of those dudes weren't conservatives. For what it's worth, idk if I've heard negative things about Jacobs or Calaway

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Aren't most of the top guys from Texas/the souf? I would be shocked if most of those dudes weren't conservatives. For what it's worth, idk if I've heard negative things about Jacobs or Calaway
Jacobs is a "libertarian"/right-wing trash mayor in Tennessee now and Calaway has been accused of being a white supremacist for years.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
depends what you define as top guys. Flair was from Minnesota, Michaels, Undertaker, Austin from Texas, Hogan from Florida. Current top guys? Roman Reigns is from Florida, Jon Moxley is from Cincinnati, Seth Rollins is from Iowa, a handful of guys from Canada.

I don;t know where I was going. Guys are from all over.

CJ_24

Jacobs is a "libertarian"/right-wing trash mayor in Tennessee now and Calaway has been accused of being a white supremacist for years.
Jacobs' is a mayor in Knox County, Tennessee. Big liberal way of life in Tennessee.

I did some rudimentary research on Calaway. The only evidence of white supremacy I found is that in 1988 he wore a shirt with the logo of a biker shop that looked a helluva lot like the SS logo. He's also clearly very republican (shocking for a biker dude from Texas). But did a podcast with Snoop Dogg on how entertainment can help end racism.

So idk. I think support for those strong accusations is inclusive