Re-enabling registration

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I never check the email inbox that people may be using to request new accounts ([email protected]). I did just now to see if there was any activity and there's a million spam emails about "burial insurance" and one thread from @bjc who appears to have figured out hisself's old password after the fact.

I'm thinking with the new game it may make sense to re-enable registration, so I've done it. We'll see what kind of spam volume we get. The reCAPTCHA v2 free API is limited to 10k assessments/month, but hopefully using that instead of this bullshit legacy hCaptcha thing that we had before means it's significantly more effective.

Thank you for enabling registration. With all of the College Football 25 news lately, Utopia popped up randomly in my head today. I was mostly a lurker back in the PS2 days, but remember the site changing names, etc. Some of the profiles here look familiar. I think I may have stumbled upon Utopia after posting stuff on Dynasty Central, if anyone remembers that site. I also remember someone on Utopia hooked me up with a download to SimCity 2000, which I appreciated. Anyway, happy to see Utopia is still going strong :)

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Thank you for enabling registration. With all of the College Football 25 news lately, Utopia popped up randomly in my head today. I was mostly a lurker back in the PS2 days, but remember the site changing names, etc. Some of the profiles here look familiar. I think I may have stumbled upon Utopia after posting stuff on Dynasty Central, if anyone remembers that site. I also remember someone on Utopia hooked me up with a download to SimCity 2000, which I appreciated. Anyway, happy to see Utopia is still going strong :)

Dynasty Central! Yeah I was over there waaaaay back in the day.