• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

S5/Bowl Season ADV Thur 10 PM EST

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Made it to the playoff! All I have to do is beat Wake Forest and then I get to face Flann in the National Championship game. Oh... wait.

Oh well, made it to the Fiesta Bowl that's a good step in a 2 loss season. Hopefully some recruits start recognizing the steps we are taking at NIU and actually decide to come play here.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Holy shit, I'm not going to lie, I straight up quit my bowl game the first time through. Wake Forest started the game with some sort of coach skills power-up and that paired with these sliders made for one of the most unplayable games of NCAA I've ever encountered. I made it a quarter and a half and I just stopped because it was pointless trying. I was 0 of 7 with 2 INT and had been tackled for a loss on 5 consecutive runs and I just said fuck it. I have never seen a CPU game play like that. Excessive route mirroring, OL being pancaked on both run and pass plays. It was honestly unbelievable... and then I figured out why. Urban Fucking Meyer is Wake Forest's head coach and his recruiting and game management skill trees are almost entirely maxed out. That explains so much.

I restarted and just rushed through it, super simmed defense and special teams and it took me benching a 97 OVR quarterback and forcing a late turnover to win. My 97 OVR QB started 1 of 7 with an INT. My Sophomore 3rd stringer came in (my "official" 2nd stringer is redshirting) and was lights out, 13 of 18 for 140 yards and 2 TD. Hansen ran 20 times for 182 yards and a TD thanks to 3 40+ yard runs. No one else ran for more than 40 yards in the entire game despite 41 total attempts. 41 rushing attempts, 8 tackles for loss by WF. Just absurd.

Oh well, that caps the season. NIU finishes 11-2 (7-2) and Fiesta Bowl champs. Sophomore Andy Hansen won the Heisman Trophy with an overwhelming 2040 points including 521 1st place votes. The next closest candidate had just 178 1st place votes. After the 29-24 Fiesta Bowl win, he finished with 266 rushes for 2082 yards and 22 TD.

Hopefully we make some slider changes to get things balanced out and change up the conference a bit for next year. A lot of brutally un-fun games this year but I'm ready to get going. Going to miss Senior at WR and Flynn at TE but the rest of my offense returns. I do lose Root at QB but despite his 97 OVR, he really wasn't that good so not a big issue.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I do have a question on the players leaving rule. It says:

You may not persuade anyone from declaring for the draft if the following apply:

- 90 overall or higher (if projected to go in the first four rounds). Any player projected to go in the first round are to be let go regardless of rating.
- Heisman Trophy winner
* Kickers and Punters are the exception

If a player is the Heisman winner but not 90 OVR, is he ineligible to be talked back if he tries to leave early? I ask only because I might run into that this year with a RS Sophomore Heisman Winner who is just 82 OVR. I cannot imagine a player like that would ever try to leave early and I'm hoping he won't, but if he does, am I able to talk him back? If he was a Junior I wouldn't mind but a Sophomore leaving is crazy.

LEGEND

Holy shit, I'm not going to lie, I straight up quit my bowl game the first time through. Wake Forest started the game with some sort of coach skills power-up and that paired with these sliders made for one of the most unplayable games of NCAA I've ever encountered. I made it a quarter and a half and I just stopped because it was pointless trying. I was 0 of 7 with 2 INT and had been tackled for a loss on 5 consecutive runs and I just said fuck it. I have never seen a CPU game play like that. Excessive route mirroring, OL being pancaked on both run and pass plays. It was honestly unbelievable... and then I figured out why. Urban Fucking Meyer is Wake Forest's head coach and his recruiting and game management skill trees are almost entirely maxed out. That explains so much.

I restarted and just rushed through it, super simmed defense and special teams and it took me benching a 97 OVR quarterback and forcing a late turnover to win. My 97 OVR QB started 1 of 7 with an INT. My Sophomore 3rd stringer came in (my "official" 2nd stringer is redshirting) and was lights out, 13 of 18 for 140 yards and 2 TD. Hansen ran 20 times for 182 yards and a TD thanks to 3 40+ yard runs. No one else ran for more than 40 yards in the entire game despite 41 total attempts. 41 rushing attempts, 8 tackles for loss by WF. Just absurd.

Oh well, that caps the season. NIU finishes 11-2 (7-2) and Fiesta Bowl champs. Sophomore Andy Hansen won the Heisman Trophy with an overwhelming 2040 points including 521 1st place votes. The next closest candidate had just 178 1st place votes. After the 29-24 Fiesta Bowl win, he finished with 266 rushes for 2082 yards and 22 TD.

Hopefully we make some slider changes to get things balanced out and change up the conference a bit for next year. A lot of brutally un-fun games this year but I'm ready to get going. Going to miss Senior at WR and Flynn at TE but the rest of my offense returns. I do lose Root at QB but despite his 97 OVR, he really wasn't that good so not a big issue.

I actually had this happen in two cpu gm's this season. Offensive and defensive lines being pancaked... sacked or dropped for losses on all three downs! Mirrored routes db's tossing linemen aside like dolls etc...

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I do have a question on the players leaving rule. It says:

If a player is the Heisman winner but not 90 OVR, is he ineligible to be talked back if he tries to leave early? I ask only because I might run into that this year with a RS Sophomore Heisman Winner who is just 82 OVR. I cannot imagine a player like that would ever try to leave early and I'm hoping he won't, but if he does, am I able to talk him back? If he was a Junior I wouldn't mind but a Sophomore leaving is crazy.

According to the rules, you'd have to let him leave. I don't think I've ever seen a sophomore leave in this game though.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
According to the rules, you'd have to let him leave. I don't think I've ever seen a sophomore leave in this game though.

I hope he doesn't but you never know. It would be so shitty to lose an 82 OVR Sophomore RB to the draft just because he won the Heisman. I at least have depth if that does happen, hopefully it doesn't though, Hansen is one of the more dynamic backs I've had on NCAA. Nice blend of speed and power.