• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

S5/Offseason

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yay no one is leaving early! Well except a 68 OVR FR DT who is transferring to Fresno State. I didn't even bother trying to get him back.

13 graduating Seniors, none of whom will be drafted. Losing my 97 OVR QB, 95 OVR K, 92 OVR WR, 89 OVR CB, 84 OVR TE and a few decent depth players on defense. I'm green and ready to go. Glad Hansen is returning.

RamesuThe1

Leonard is coming back for his senior season!!!!!!!!! What an awesome kid. Lol

And I got my best WR and #2 CB to stick around (both were 90 ovr, but projected 7th rounders) #winning

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I think we're mostly ready @bruin228, if I remember right Walter only had a few minor 60's rated transfers leaving. Not sure if they are important to his team or not. Obviously Navy won't be able to do his players leaving now, not sure when Legend wants to join back up.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm green. I'm going to end up getting screwed by recruiting, I just know it. I signed those 4 guys but I'm close on 8 more that I need to split 10,000 points between. I should probably sign 3 of the 8 but not the ones I really wanted. Awful class.

LEGEND

Can you hold here? I'm getting off work now... will do pos changes asap! My car is in the shop so I'm taking public transportation home. Should be home by 5:30 est.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Can you hold here? I'm getting off work now... will do pos changes asap! My car is in the shop so I'm taking public transportation home. Should be home by 5:30 est.

Yup, just let me know when you're done

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
green, i'm coming for that WR @TXHusker05

dang, i didn't get my top two guys, did you get that WR Husker?

:thumbsup: I sure did!

I cannot believe I signed him. He was pretty much the only one. Like I said before I had 10,000 points to spread across 8 recruits that I really, really wanted. I put 4,000 on the #3 ATH who trailed on because he would be a monster quarterback, and I didn't get him. I put 2,000 each on the WR you were chasing me on and an ATH/RB I very slightly trailed on. I signed the WR, I lost the ATH. Put 500 on a CB I led on, signed him. Then I had 2 OL that were almost identical that I trailed by 300 a piece on. At first I split 500 a piece to them, but decided to just target one with 1000. Lost him anyway.

Worst of all, I lost a 77 OVR ATH and 83 OVR P who I led by over 3000 and 4000 points respectively because I could only spare 50 points a piece and figured I was safe. That's such bullshit. Of course the 70 OVR MLB I just put 5 points on decided to sign and not the other two. The WR and P were luxury items, not really needs, but still that as brutal. P is filled by a walk-on now, but I had a redshirt FR from last year that will kick and punt.

What a terrible class. I think I signed 9 guys total, 4 of whom are JUCO JRs. Luckily I don't need a hell of a lot. Great DE and a few really good ATHs (all JR) headline the class and should slot in as starters somewhere or redshirt a year and start next year. One of the ATH is interesting just because he's 5'11" 226 and either a HB or FB, never really seen a FB ATH. Decent block ratings, I may put him at HB and move him around.

Blah. I need some magic to happen this upcoming class, I have dire needs at OL.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm green Bruin.

Had some tough decisions to make with those 3 ATH. One ended up at RB, then I had to decide between QB and FS for the other two. One was a 78 QB/77 FS. The other was a 77 QB/79 FS. The 2nd one was quicker, had more balanced thrower ratings and was a better all around runner. The 1st one was a bit more powerful of a runner, not quite as quick and had a wide range between THP and THA. Initially I put the slower one at QB because I figured the good THP and more power run style would be good, not to mention the quicker one has GREAT defensive ratings... but I just couldn't turn down that sort of athleticism at QB. I'm not even sure he'll play, but I needed to get some athleticism at the position and at worst he can start as a wildcat QB. Better than him riding the bench as a backup FS. It's easier to recruit and replace DBs than it is to recruit competent and athletic QBs.

Training results will be interesting. May end up with a QB controversy as well as some controversy at WR.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
I was trailing that WR by 650 and I put 4,000 on him. Didn't get him

I was 900 ahead on a 5 star ath and put 4,000 on him and didn't get him either

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I was trailing that WR by 650 and I put 4,000 on him. Didn't get him

I was 900 ahead on a 5 star ath and put 4,000 on him and didn't get him either

Yeah I don't really get off-season recruiting. The points obviously don't match up 1 for 1 because if they did, my 2,000 + the 650 cushion wouldn't be enough to cover the 4,000 you put on. I have no clue what decides one or if there are multipliers for being in the lead or where they are ranked on the recruiting list (he was #1 on mine).

Then I put 4,000 on that one awesome ATH who would have been my starting QB day 1 as a true freshman and got beat. Then getting beat on 2 guys I led by over 3000 and 4000 points respectively, that was garbage. I wish some of those guys would have just signed during the regular season instead of dicking me around.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
i used 8,000 on those two guys and got nothing, but I signed like 4 other guys that i put a few points on

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I got 0 coaching levels. Set it to whatever it's supposed to be, advance then boot and re-invite me.

You really Flanntasticed it up.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Andy Dalton plays with QBA at 0.

I'm green. Just cut all my walk-ons, ended up at 69.

Training was very good to me. Both returning QBs went up 5 points to 88 and 86 OVR. As much as I want to put a speedy ATH on the field, I will probably start either the SO or JR returning player. If one of them fails or gets hurt though, that 90 SPD ATH is going out there.

All 3 HB went up 5 as well. 87-86-85 respectively, Hansen is going to be a beast. Newton will serve as my H-Back, he went up 4 and has awesome ratings for a FB. Can't really catch passes but 92 Impact Block will be nice. Couple FBs behind him are decent, one might be able to play TE in a pinch.

WR didn't improve as much as I would hope. Fowler is 92 OVR and a great pass catcher (99 CTH) but his speed didn't move at all, still 83 SPD. Medlock is quick but that's about it. He'll play the Z for me. 3 other guys are good pass catchers but not too quick so I might put the Freshman I beat Flann out for on the field often. TE improved 4 to 81 OVR, pretty slow but his catch rating is solid and a great blocker.

OL isn't bad, but again not very deep so I'm not sure what I'll do there.

DL is great though. Two 81 OVR ends on one side and a 91 OVR end with 87 SPD on the other. That guy has been my best recruit, still just a JR. Couple good DT in the middle, but 3 of my 4 DT are Seniors so I'll have to recruit hard.

LB is okay. I moved a safety down to start at OLB this year but he's a SR and just 77 OVR. Great MLB (86 OVR 89 SPD) and a couple solid OLB. I can find 2-3 good starters out of that group if I want to run a 4-3.

I probably have the best CB in the country, a 90 OVR 98 SPD JR but my CBs behind him are pretty meh. Great FS though. If I do play a 4-2-5, I'm probably going to put either a corner or OLB at the safety spot. I've been leaning towards a 4-3 with a Nickel at OLB though.

Great kicker, who will also be my punter.

This should be a really good team but my plan to have speed at QB is probably out the window.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Got a SR-CB with 98 SPD and 99 man, zone and press coverage.

Seems ms like most everyone came back and the CPU did a good job with position changes.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Got a SR-CB with 98 SPD and 99 man, zone and press coverage.

Seems ms like most everyone came back and the CPU did a good job with position changes.

Of course everyone came back, they fired you and all the players were happy to be out from tyrannical rule. Now they're all looking to transfer... or kill you in your sleep in a coup d'état.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Bruin, make sure you stop at whichever stage requires coach skill tree resets. My new defensive coordinator came in with his upgrades already assigned.

LEGEND

I have 0 HC xp and 1 xp point each for OC & DC.

SMH!

I'll do cuts around 4pm est after work.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
At Custom Conferences, if you need to reset your tree, you can do it now

@NavyHog and @LEGEND I sent invites. You should get 14 upgrades. Everyone can upgrade to 14 now.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
At Custom Conferences, if you need to reset your tree, you can do it now

@NavyHog and @LEGEND I sent invites. You should get 14 upgrades. Everyone can upgrade to 14 now.

I'm not gaining XP so I'd have to leave and come back to get 14. The extra 2 really aren't a big deal to me, I have A+ prestige so I'll just roll with it.

I'm green. Reset my HC and DC. I think ECU, Troy and Ark State all have OC/DC upgrades that need to be reset.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm not gaining XP so I'd have to leave and come back to get 14. The extra 2 really aren't a big deal to me, I have A+ prestige so I'll just roll with it.

I'm green. Reset my HC and DC. I think ECU, Troy and Ark State all have OC/DC upgrades that need to be reset.

You sure?