• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sliders...

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I switched the sliders around some for bowl season. Let me know how they play. The biggest one was moving QB ACC from 5-10 and moving WR catching from 40-20. Try to play the entire game with with WR catching on balanced (some of yup probably already do). I'm interested to see how many drops we get.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I don't like how the new sliders have been playing. The CPU is super fast and it has to much of an arcade feel.

Starting next week I'm going to give these sliders a shot:

CONF_SLIDERS.png

I need everyone's input on how these play. I have played with these in another league and I like they way they play. It's fast, but it plays more realistically. I'm still struggling seeing the numbers with 10 passing accuracy. It looks like it's turning everyone into Peyton Manning with their completion percentage.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Interesting sliders discussion over on OP sports. I am running these sliders in an offline dynasty and I like how they play. More about this in the next off-season.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...14-os-community-playmakers-split-sliders.html

Also check check this out:

Interesting. The part around 6 minutes where he is talking about the player reactions, I wonder if that might also apply to a human controlled team. I think my coach sliders are set on very aggressive on D, I wonder if that might relate to how many times a team gets burned like in press man. Might be worth tweaking it some and see.

I really don't think we're going to get anywhere without QBA on 5. If WR Catching gets enough drops to where we are seeing completion rates closer to 60-65%, that would be great but I'm not sure that is going to work out. Especially when we can't police coach settings and prevent people from going conservative.

My BSCFL game with Ram last night I felt was good. I should have lost and it took a 3 TD in the final 2:30 comeback to win but I must have started about 3 of 9 passing, outside of a few WTF passes on a screen or underneath route, they were tough throws so I can understand the misses. I ironed things out and it worked. It was a low scoring game with punts and such.

I just don't know if there are enough edits to other sliders to help balance 10.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@NavyHog What set of sliders are you currently testing?

I might plug whatever you're working on into my system and either run an offline OD or just run some exhibitions since I have a couple BYE weeks here.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I don't like how the new sliders have been playing. The CPU is super fast and it has to much of an arcade feel.

Starting next week I'm going to give these sliders a shot:

CONF_SLIDERS.png

I need everyone's input on how these play. I have played with these in another league and I like they way they play. It's fast, but it plays more realistically. I'm still struggling seeing the numbers with 10 passing accuracy. It looks like it's turning everyone into Peyton Manning with their completion percentage.

I kind of like these @NavyHog, I started an offline OD as an Offensive Coordinator just because I wanted to do some recruiting and offense. I plugged these sliders in figuring it would be brutal to be a 1* team with 1* talent on QBA 5. I'm struggling a lot with these and lost my first 3 games to Minnesota, Oregon and Michigan State. Won 3 straight after that including a last second comeback.

I am 1* Wyoming, a completely random team pick. I didn't even look at their roster on the 2014-15 edited rosters, just picked them. They are pretty bad. I'm essentially running air raid there. No TE, no FB, rarely even a RB on the field. Only run game is QB Blast/QB Power/Speed Option. I swear I'm turning the ball over 5 times a game ON AVERAGE with these. The CPU is very fast, very aggressive and the pass rush is brutal. Again, that has to be taken with a grain of salt because I'm a 1* team with no talent or depth but the overall rating is still in the mid-70s and even against equal competition like Air Force I struggled mightily.

I'll take a look at my comp % later to see what it is. Off hand, between my two QBs, I would guess I'm around 60%. Still see quite a few bad throws and a TON of drops. I want to play a full season with these before I tweak it any but the one adjustment I would probably make is dropping CPU INTs down. The INTs I've thrown have been awful and earned, but it would be nice if they dropped a few.

I should note that I'm playing with Home Field Advantage on, not off, which might be causing some of the wildness despite QBA 10. My games at Oregon and at Michigan State were complete and total disasters.

Schauwn

What 2014-2015 rosters are you using? I can't find a complete set on that other site

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
What 2014-2015 rosters are you using? I can't find a complete set on that other site

I downloaded the most recently updated 14-15 roster on OS. They are still in progress and being updated by the community as the season goes on but I believe the most recent version on 360 is on the Gamertag ChrisWasky. On PS3, I believe the most recent version is thesportsguru11.

I am using the most recent ChrisWasky one on 360 and it looked good in the limited research I did before starting my offline dynasty.