• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So after all of that, Ferrari totally bullshitted. No steps forward taken at all. I'm pretty sure the merc didn't rebuild quite perfectly. Quite excited for the next race as I think they could be back fighting for 1st again.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Leclerc still gonna be lucky to finish, especially in 1st. You don't win championships like this.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Not that this is a particularly "hot" take, but no way Sharl's car makes it to the end im this heat.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wow. Didn't need his engine to blow up. Are we now in the territory where Ferrari realise that Sharl just isn't up to the task?

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
mpcia3vetid91.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Don't know if you get the same commetary, but scratiching my head why they think it's still worth going to video call with thick head Rosberg after he's been banned from the paddock. Just fucking ditch him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I didn't get to see the race so I just watched this, DTS salivating over this audio. How will they use it? To create a fake drama with Max? To create a rift with Carlos?

Also does the Ferrari team even watch the race as it is happening. LAWD they are the worst team on the grid, how have SHARL and Carlos not fought their teams yet

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Wow. Didn't need his engine to blow up. Are we now in the territory where Ferrari realise that Sharl just isn't up to the task?

Lol I think this is maybe the second race after Imola that he actually fucked up? Every other time he's crashed and burned it's been Ferarri's idiotic strategy or the engine exploding.

Certainly Max and Lewis are in a league of their own but I don't see Sharl being any different than Lando or George at this point

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
IMO It goes

Max/Lewis
SHARL because he got that shitbird team multiple wins with them throwing landmine strategies and engine failures at him the whole time
----
----
----
----
----
Everyone else in whatever order you want. Only one that has a possible claim is George

Wolfman21

So Denny Hamlin won and Kyle Busch finished second at Pocono today............but both cars are disqualified. Chase Elliott apparently ruled the winner.

I think this is the first time that the winner of a race has been DQ'd....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Lol I think this is maybe the second race after Imola that he actually fucked up? Every other time he's crashed and burned it's been Ferarri's idiotic strategy or the engine exploding.

Certainly Max and Lewis are in a league of their own but I don't see Sharl being any different than Lando or George at this point

He's literally made a career of it. Lol nmy ass off that you think 2 massive unprompted shit the beds in 12 races isn't a bad return for a driver trting to win a championship. They need to ditch him. Imagine this being the end of the season with everything on the line. Charles Leclerc is never going to win a championship. Far smaller issues than he has stop drivers from making it. I never rated him, never will.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
IMO It goes

Max/Lewis
SHARL because he got that shitbird team multiple wins with them throwing landmine strategies and engine failures at him the whole time
----
----
----
----
----
Everyone else in whatever order you want. Only one that has a possible claim is George

Lol at you also putting Sharl third. Yes Max and Lewis are the best, but Ferrari aren't going to get them, so have to roll the dice, as they aren't going to win with someone that drives off the track unprompted in 1/6 of his races when fighting for a championship. Lando is unequivicably the hottest younger driver out there. Consistantly putting a midfield car higher than it deserves to be. There isn't even an argument about this, but this is Nutopia, so contrarianism is par for the course.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lol at you also putting Sharl third. Yes Max and Lewis are the best, but Ferrari aren't going to get them, so have to roll the dice, as they aren't going to win with someone that drives off the track unprompted in 1/6 of his races when fighting for a championship. Lando is unequivicably the hottest younger driver out there. Consistantly putting a midfield car higher than it deserves to be. There isn't even an argument about this, but this is Nutopia, so contrarianism is par for the course.

I'm sure there are Mclaren fan boys who would take Lando over Sharl but is there anyone eles but you that would? Honest question

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm sure there are Mclaren fan boys who would take Lando over Sharl but is there anyone eles but you that would? Honest question

Wat? You think Sharl's stock is still high? All of our media is now edging towards seeing him as a complete bust. The mystery is more the contrarianism of Nutopia not seeing this. It was all over his resume well before this season anyway. I think the only reason the knives didn't come out earlier was the haplessenss of Ferrari since he's been there. Pretty obvious to most now that he'll never win a shamp. The Ferrari would be good enough to compete with a world class driver this year, even with the flaws of the car and the team.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@OU11 - Lando is at a position in his career that if there were any openings, any top team would give him a chance to prove himself. He's literally overperfroming every single race. Again, the mystery is that Nutopia are still blank on this.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@OU11 - There have also been Lando to Ferrari rumours for about a year now which they've obviously both denied. No smoke without fire though, and expect him to be the guy they go for when they give up on Sharl.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Sorry for the multiiple posts @OU11 but also, the biggest indicator of how average Sharl is - Verstappen does not take him seriously. Anybody who Verstappen saw as a challenger would instantly get under his skin. As it is, Verstappen drives around Leclerc like he's not bothered by him, even when he was behind him in the championship. I really think he has zere respect for him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wat? You think Sharl's stock is still high? All of our media is now edging towards seeing him as a complete bust. The mystery is more the contrarianism of Nutopia not seeing this. It was all over his resume well before this season anyway. I think the only reason the knives didn't come out earlier was the haplessenss of Ferrari since he's been there. Pretty obvious to most now that he'll never win a shamp. The Ferrari would be good enough to compete with a world class driver this year, even with the flaws of the car and the team.
The English media?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean I’ll just believe you, I haven’t seen any of that at all though. I’ve seen a lot of folks down on ferrari but not sharl hisself. I’m probably not reading English media, are they at all biased to English drivers?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean I’ll just believe you, I haven’t seen any of that at all though. I’ve seen a lot of folks down on ferrari but not sharl hisself. I’m probably not reading English media, are they at all biased to English drivers?

There's no Ingerlish bias as there's no Ingerlish driver challenging for the title. I just think that people are seeing the obvious -

Lol. Lewis and George taking the piss - https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...ssell-charles-leclerc-crash-french-grand-prix

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@OU11 - There's no way Leclerc comes back from this imo. He's not going to win this year, and to be honest this is as good as Ferrari get - they have always had blunders and mechanical failures built in, and this car should have enough in it to compensate if you have a good enough driver. Then next season when Merc is strong again and they go back to 3rd place.

He's done, finished, caput, good night Vienna, sionara. The only question is who replaces him? Lando imo.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I mean Sainz has been teammates with both Leclerc and Lando in the past 4 years, and they both are performing pretty similary comparatively to Sainz.

I wouldn't argue that Lando is who Ferrari would likely go for as a replacement, I just don't see him being dramatically better. Maybe you put him in a top car and he's fighting for the championship race in and race out but it's impossible to say. I don't think there are any cut and dry indications of that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He might have one he likes, I am sensing a trend though where if we discuss drivers outside of England the English drivers are definitely better all the time and it's insane to think otherwise. I was just surprised as hayvis thinks his opinion is the standard and literally no media or social media I've consumed has that opinion. They all are saying Leclerc messed up but nobody is saying he's done, or that he isn't championship worthy. They are saying he lost 75 points due to reliability/strategy mishaps that would have him fighting with Max even with his bad mistake yesterday.

So idk, I don't know anything about F1 so I'm sure hayvis is right

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He might have one he likes, I am sensing a trend though where if we discuss drivers outside of England the English drivers are definitely better all the time and it's insane to think otherwise. I was just surprised as hayvis thinks his opinion is the standard and literally no media or social media I've consumed has that opinion. They all are saying Leclerc messed up but nobody is saying he's done, or that he isn't championship worthy. They are saying he lost 75 points due to reliability/strategy mishaps that would have him fighting with Max even with his bad mistake yesterday.

So idk, I don't know anything about F1 so I'm sure hayvis is right

Yeah. Sure you wouldn't have a bias if there were three insanely talented Americans on the grid each week. Dm me your social media if you want to keep in touch. (that goes for anyone here who hasn't already btw).

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah. Sure you wouldn't have a bias if there were three insanely talented Americans on the grid each week. Dm me your social media if you want to keep in touch. (that goes for anyone here who hasn't already btw).
Of course not, I just think Herta is as good as Hamilton was at his age based on merit :Winking:

and I would but all I have is Twitter at this point so I can follow meteorologists