• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

man, all the hand wringing about trying to get passes that you didn't earn from checo and leclerc yesterday is exactly why ill never be able to really get into F1. Watch it for the entertainment, sure. But actually care? nahhh

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I was hoping Schumacher could score some points yesterday, since half the field dropped out ahead of him by lap 6 or 7. Lewis and Verstappen came together, Magnussen and Ricciardo crashed, then Leclerc crashes, Norris gets a time penalty....Still couldn't muster anything.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
man, all the hand wringing about trying to get passes that you didn't earn from checo and leclerc yesterday is exactly why ill never be able to really get into F1. Watch it for the entertainment, sure. But actually care? nahhh

But that's only becuase it makes you cry when anyone says anything negative about ur heart throb Verstappen. You'll love it again when they're blowing smoke up his bum again.

Wolfman21

But that's only becuase it makes you cry when anyone says anything negative about ur heart throb Verstappen. You'll love it again when they're blowing smoke up his bum again.

man, your infatuation with verstappen is reaching unhealthy levels. Whats crazy is that the only time you've even posted about F1 recently is when red bull/verstappen is the point of news. Not even about your favorite drivers resurgence of late? Mercedes has been looking pretty good lately, and George's first win yesterday?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's really really not crazy if you realise that this thread is a Verstappen super fan, two people that don't give a shit about F1 and myself.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Ken Block died in a snowmobile accident today. All the crazy shit he’s done and a snowmobile does him in. Fucking crazy.

Wolfman21

Dale Jr., Jeff Burton, Kevin Harvick and Justin Marks bought the CARS Tour....interested to see where they take that. One of the best late model series in the country

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm quietly confident for Merc this year. Looks like Red Bull have stuck with the 2022 design (too much in my opinion). I've seen this in F1 before and other sports where a team wins a shamp and sticks too hard to the previous formula rather than reinventing. It usually leads to a fast start and quick tail off.

On the other hand Merc has changed the car significantly and although they don't seem to be doing any hot laps they aren't experiencing any problems like last year. I can see them getting right back in the mix if not straight away, then fairly soon into the year.

Ferrari seem to have done quite well too. Could be a genuine three way fight.

I'm probably wrong. Quote me for fun when Verstappen wins it by September.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really hope it’s a three way fight, pls just no repeat of last year. Now that Rueda and Binotto are gone it’ll be interesting to see how Ferrari fairs

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I really hope it’s a three way fight, pls just no repeat of last year. Now that Rueda and Binotto are gone it’ll be interesting to see how Ferrari fairs
Ferrari will still trip over their own cock. They did it when Alonso was there, they did it when Vettel was there, and they’re still doing it. They’ve been incompetent since Brawn and Jean Todt left.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I know Merc had all that shit in testing last year, but were only really half a second off Red Bull and Ferrari in race pace without sorting their problems out at all. If we've made up over 2 seconds and RB and Ferrari only 1.5, then this is going to be a 3 WAY....

I reckon Red Bull wins the first GP, but everyone gets shook by how close it is.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
These extrapolations pretty much come to the same coclusion -

Fp6okXTWYAIgqYG

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If this shit is accurate, then I predict pretty much what I said before -

Red Bull will get off to the best start but only just. Ferrari are competitive until they put in an upgrade that implodes the car or they drive over all of their mechanics and have to shut down or something. Then Merc bring the upgrades and we have a repeat of Merc vs RB for the title in the second half of the season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ferrari will still trip over their own cock. They did it when Alonso was there, they did it when Vettel was there, and they’re still doing it. They’ve been incompetent since Brawn and Jean Todt left.

Going through D2S, I'm on the pain episode for Ferrari. Still hilarious

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Speaking of D2S it seemed like the flipped on drama. I wasn’t giving it my whole attention but they mostly stuck to the drama that was already there. There were still some radio inserts from the wrong races (the mick one was hilarious), but they avoided any RB drama and the whole crane thing. Assuming RB was for max to keep doing D2S and the crane was obviously not going to make it, but those two stories were big gossip for a bit.

The also gave ricciardo a huge send off and barely mentioned Vettel

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Speaking of D2S it seemed like the flipped on drama. I wasn’t giving it my whole attention but they mostly stuck to the drama that was already there. There were still some radio inserts from the wrong races (the mick one was hilarious), but they avoided any RB drama and the whole crane thing. Assuming RB was for max to keep doing D2S and the crane was obviously not going to make it, but those two stories were big gossip for a bit.

The also gave ricciardo a huge send off and barely mentioned Vettel

Ugghr. Is there a whole load of Danny Ric in it? I've only just started it. I'm so glad he's gone and never could understand why people thought he made good tv. He's like the village idiot of F1 (maybe people just love seeing someone as dumb as they are). I thought the K-Mag episode at the start was nice. Would have been nice to see some Vettel..

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ugghr. Is there a whole load of Danny Ric in it? I've only just started it. I'm so glad he's gone and never could understand why people thought he made good tv. He's like the village idiot of F1 (maybe people just love seeing someone as dumb as they are). I thought the K-Mag episode at the start was nice. Would have been nice to see some Vettel..

Idk how spoilers work for this since we watched last season already but...

They go through the Alpine/McLaren/Aston ordeal for 2 episodes and so Netflix shoehorned Danny's part in that (basically him getting fired) as much as possible, then at the end they did another little montage for him.

And speaking of the Alpine/McLaren situation, they may have ignored some of the drama but the bias they use in telling each story is still there. The way they portrayed Otmar and Alpine through the whole thing was kind of funny when it was mostly their own fault that everything happened.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Don't really mind about spoilers as we already know the story. I quite enjoy the way they spin things. Would have been nice if they didn't wrap Max and Red Bull in cotton wool to keep them sweet, but then again the fact that they have to do this is the exact same thing that makes them fun to have in F1.

Wolfman21

I couldn’t make it through last season as the fake drama and terrible editing. That’s better this season? If so I’ll give it a shot

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I couldn’t make it through last season as the fake drama and terrible editing. That’s better this season? If so I’ll give it a shot

The first couple of episodes are definitely not too manufactured but I suspect they ramp it up as the season goes on. I haven't got past that yet. Might be worth just watching up to the Ferrari debacle. I'm pretty sure they don't have to manufacture anything there to make it funny.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So how long does this Aston hype last?

Until they qualify 7th and 8th and everyone realises they were running a low fuel load on max power in practice.

On another note it looks like Mercedes shat the bed even bigger than last year. At this point I think they have to consider firing all of their lead engineers.

Wolfman21

Chase Elliott injured his leg today in a snowboarding accident in colorado. Apparently having surgery tonight. Will miss Vegas race and Josh Berry will drive the 9 in his place. If hes having surgery, i'd expect he'll be out the next few months.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Chase is my guy, but that’s fucking stupid to risk your health like that in the middle of a season.

Wolfman21

Chase is my guy, but that’s fucking stupid to risk your health like that in the middle of a season.

i know he likes being extremely active(snowboarding, water skiing, flying, etc) but yeah...you would hope that shit would be done in the offseason. i'm not one to try and tell adults how to live their life....but hes gonna have to walk back into that shop and look all those guys that are working on this car in the eyes and know he basically ruined an entire year for them if nascar doesn't give him a waiver(which i don't think they should...IMO, waivers should only be given for injuries that occur during racing in a nascar sanctioned event like Kyle Busch had)

Wolfman21

Waivers shouldn’t exist. Then again, neither should the “playoffs”.

yeah, fully agree. This should end his year. I know hes a dude in his mid 20's trying to enjoy every day of his life with opportunities that most of us will never have...but man...gotta think about the big picture sometimes.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Biggest question for qualifying is Ferrari. Have they really been sandbagging all the way up to FP3? I think they may be 4th.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I am genuinely excited to see if Aston is for real. I know deep down Aston is still Aston but if we could get a real battle between Alonso/Max.. it’s almost our only hope if merc and Ferrari are actually bad

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Someone big is going to be knocked out of FP1 as it's going to be a mad dash to get lap times in and someone is going to get stuck in traffic or get a bad run.