• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

bruin

I know there a few Boxing fans on the board. @evil1 @BasinBictory

Chime in on here whenever. We can shoot the shit.

a few thoughts..

Tony Harrison took a upset last weekend v Willie Nelson. He was winning the fight before getting KO'd in the 9th. I personally dig Harrison, but can admit he needed to be battle tested a bit more to go up against a seasoned pro like Nelson.

Cotto-Canelo likely for Nov 21st.

Carl Frampton is making his US debut on Saturday afternoon on CBS.

Punk ass Cesar Chavez Jr. is trying his comeback Saturday night on Showtime.

P4P best fighter in the world is probably a Flyweight from Nicaragua.

Can Deontay Wilder save the Heavyweight Division in the states?

GGG v Andre Ward is a wet dream. Though, Ward should just stay at 168.

Last edited:

evil1

I know there a few Boxing fans on the board. @evil1 @BasinBictory

Chime in on here whenever. We can shoot the shit.

a few thoughts..

Tony Harrison took a upset last weekend v Willie Nelson. He was winning the fight before getting KO'd in the 9th. I personally dig Harrison, but can admit he needed to be battle tested a bit more to go up against a seasoned pro like Nelson.

Carl Frampton is making his US debut on Saturday afternoon on CBS.

Punk ass Cesar Chavez Jr. is trying his comeback Saturday night on Showtime.

P4P best fighter in the world is probably a Flyweight from Nicaragua.

Can Deontay Wilder save the Heavyweight Division in the states?

GGG v Andre Ward is a wet dream. Though, Ward should just stay at 168.

Awwww yisss

bruin

Frampton-Quigg asap pls.

Chavez Jr. couldn't even make weight after it being bumped up to 170. lol.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Saw the Frampton-Gonzales fight today. Had seen the heavyweight undercard that preceded it and remembered why I hated watching heavyweights compared to the lighter weight classes.

The lightweight fights were like watching wildcats tear into each other. Heavyweights look like walruses fighting.

Frampton I think came in too cocky, underestimated his opponent, but ultimately, as they say in soccer, his quality shone through and proved decisive.

Floyd Mayweather - Gennady Golovkin: engage.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Willie Nelson knocked a dude out? Guy can still bring it...

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I don't see how they could find a weight that would work. Mayweather's fight weight is about 150 lbs. Golovkin might meet the 160 lb weigh in limit for middleweight but his fight night weight is closer to 170.

I know, and finding a catch weight of somewhere in the 157-162 range could be doable, but I don't see either party willing to make that concession.

Still, that would be about the only huge money fight currently available.

bruin

Cotto-Canelo will be monster money/fight. Even at a catch weight of 155. Messicans v Ricans.

Golden Boy Productions is trying to put together GGG v Lemieux. Get that in before Lemieux's mandatory challenger fight. That'd be very good. Probably not PPV tho.

bruin

GGG-Lemieux October 17th at MSG.

fat-kid-celebrates.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
lmao, all those drinks getting spillt

Heavyweight is the only thing that matters. Sorry twinks.

bruin

Roman Gonzalez v Brian Viloria on the GGG-Lemieux undercard. Should be entertaining as hell.

bruin

Mares/Santa Cruz should be v good tomorrow night on ESPN.

I'd be all over Mosley-Mayorga if it was on cable. They're charging a $60 on PPV for these guys.

shit, I might actually still buy it. :laughing:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Just watched a replay of Mosely-Mayorga via youtube.

Geez - did Mayorga train at all for this fight? He looked as flabby and out of shape as some of Kimbo Slice's youtube opponents. At least it was entertaining, Mayorga doing his usual taunting, Mosely trying to be serious, but both of them taking lots of wild swings that mostly failed to connect. It was like watching a couple of guys in a schoolyard fighting - which is really what I honestly prefer to see in a prizefight. Technical masters like Mayweather are undoubtedly effective, but they're as much fun to watch as a 7-6 football game.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
How long until Floyd Mayweather unretires? He's 49-0 and I'm absolutely certain he'll come out of retirement to get that 50-0 mark to sit atop the ranks of legends, but at the moment, I can't see anyone really wanting to fight him unless they also had a $100 million payday.

evil1

I have changed my mind and now believe that Mayweather is serious about retiring. He just looks and sounds like a fighter who is tired of the grind and the injuries.

Maybe after some serious time off he would be ready to return but by that time he would be 40 years old. If we don't hear from him by around January that he is ready for one last fight, I think he is done for good.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I have changed my mind and now believe that Mayweather is serious about retiring. He just looks and sounds like a fighter who is tired of the grind and the injuries.

Maybe after some serious time off he would be ready to return but by that time he would be 40 years old. If we don't hear from him by around January that he is ready for one last fight, I think he is done for good.

If he's been spending money the same way as always, he'll be nearly broke in a year. For better or worse, he's still the biggest money draw in the sport right now, and the fact that he can probably squeeze another $100 million payday with a 50th fight is his ace in the hole.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

If he's been spending money the same way as always, he'll be nearly broke in a year. For better or worse, he's still the biggest money draw in the sport right now, and the fact that he can probably squeeze another $100 million payday with a 50th fight is his ace in the hole.

Mayweather bulks up and fights Bernard Hopkins for the Geritol belt in Grudge Match 2. :laughing:

bruin

Caught the Wilder fight on the DVR late last night. Unimpressive. I personally like him. Am pulling for him. Would love to see Wilder-Fury next summer.

Matthysse v Postol next week should be fabulous. For the vacant WBC Super Lightweight title in Carson.

Last edited:

bruin

HBO is replaying Roman Gonzalez's and GGG's fights tomorrow night before Terence Crawford's bout.

bruin

Timothy Bradley dominated Brandon Rios last night with a TKO in the 9th round.

Good to see Teddy Atlas still has it.

Canelo-Cotto in two weeks. Too bad neither wants a part of GGG.

Last edited:

bruin

well Tyson Fury is the new Ring, IBF, WBA and WBO Heavyweight Champion beating Klitschko in Germany.

Embarrassing fight, really.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I didn't see the fight, but I have been reading about the guy that beat Klitschko this weekend, Tyson Fury. This guy sounds pretty awesome. He is like a real life Brad Pitt from Snatch. His dad named him Tyson after Mike and said he would be heavyweight champion of the world someday. Prescient fucking gypsies.

bruin

Real Sports had a segment this past week on Tyson Fury. Really good.

Kovalev-Pascal 2 tonight on HBO.

bruin

Lol, Adonis Chickenson. Kovalev is monster.

Fury pulled the same antic two weeks ago against Deontay Wilder. And it was 100x better.

Last edited:

bruin

Canelo v Khan set for May 7th. Catchweight at 155lbs.

Khan is a welterweight going up in division. Canelo is a really a Jr. Middleweight (champ), but owns the WBC Middleweight strap.

Interesting fight. Khan's speed could give Canelo some problems.

Would have liked to see Canelo's first defense as Middleweight champ be true at 160.

bruin

Gennady Golovkin v Dominic Wade, April 23rd at the Forum. Wade is the IBF mandatory contender after an injury to Tureano Johnson.

Billy Joe Saunders wants no part of GGG and Canelo decided to fight a welterweight. That's why GGG is fighting this unknown in Wade.

Roman Gonzalez is on the undercard as well.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Not turrible. I think GGG needs more fights to boost his recognition outside boxing fans, even (or maybe especially) if he's winning them easily.

bruin

Not turrible. I think GGG needs more fights to boost his recognition outside boxing fans, even (or maybe especially) if he's winning them easily.

GGG sold out the Garden v Lemieux. He's a big enough star. He was just in London promoting, hopefully for a Saunders fight sometime next year.

Jerry Jones wants GGG-Canelo at Jerry's world.

bruin

GGG sold out the Garden v Lemieux. He's a big enough star. He was just in London promoting, hopefully for a Saunders fight sometime next year.

12k tickets sold for next months fight at the Forum. Biggest show ever for Boxing there.

the Hermano Joseph Diaz fights tonight on HBO. Undercard to Ward-Barrera.

bruin

Steph Curry, Mark Davis in attendance.

Def @dirt's wet dream.

Kovalev-Ward is the best fight in the sport. Needs to happen just like Canelo-GGG

bruin

Charles Martin v Anthony Joshua for Martin's IBF Heavyweight title in London this weekend. Pulling for the American, but Joshua has the tools to be Britain's next great Heavyweight.

Pacquiao-Bradley III later that night too. Solid undercard.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Supposed to be Pacquiao's last fight.

Despite having the best-paying job in the world (3rd World politician), I predict he will be broke in less than two years and will come out of retirement to fight some more. Heck, why not a fifth with Marquez?

bruin

shows how good Pac Man is when healthy. Bradley is no joke, and had Manny winning comfy. Next fight Canelo? Roach wants it and Canelo wants no part of GGG. Huge PPV and Manny does well against bigger guys.

Joshua knocked out paper American champ Charles Martin in 2.. Joshua train already crazy in UK. Gold medalist, better than Lennox lewis lol at this stage. Easy, easy.

chibob

Yeh looked easy.

I think he struggled more with his last fight against Whyte.

He breezed past Martin.

Who does he fight next? Fury? Haye? Wilder?