• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Vegas doesn't get called for a single penalty in game 2 (get the fuck out) and the refs don't call it when noted shitheel Corey Perry gets slashed in the face but still call for a timeout to clean his blood off of the ice. What's the result? Montreal wins in OT and takes a series lead. Get fucked, Vegas, Everyone hates you. Eat a dick, Bettman you crooked fuck.

Simo77

I loathe Perry and he probably deserves to have this happen on the reg. But it's pretty fucked that Vegas didn't get called for that.

Last edited:

Simo77

Other than it being an incredible moment it's hugely massive in the context of the series. That puck goes in and Isles are done. Tampa almost surely completes the comeback, takes a 3-1 lead and advances if that goes in. And it should have. McDonagh juked a defender and Varlamov out of their skates and put it on net. Should have been going to OT. Such a huge play to save that. Incredible. Pulling for Isles/Habs final.

Simo77

Of who is left I've been pulling for Habs/Isles. The Islanders I understand a little. They were in probably the hardest division and make the playoffs regardless of divisions and playoff format. Likely with similar seeding and matchups. Montreal is harder to believe. They look great most nights. And under the old alignments it's not likely they even make the playoffs with the way they played the whole regular season. Since maybe a couple earlier in this run it isn't that Price is stealing games. They're better than Vegas most nights and Vegas is good. Just mind blowing that a team what would have been 10th in playoff standings under the normal alignment is stomping a team that has been a contender all season. At this point they're playing better than their wildest fan boy dreams.

Now come on Islanders and at least force game 7

Last edited:
They've been talking on NHL radio the past month about how Montreal is built for the playoffs, rather than the regular season. They play a heavy, physical game - especially from the back end - and have a lot of guys who will hit. When the refs swallow the whistles in the playoffs, it benefits a team like this.

Simo77

They've been talking on NHL radio the past month about how Montreal is built for the playoffs, rather than the regular season. They play a heavy, physical game - especially from the back end - and have a lot of guys who will hit. When the refs swallow the whistles in the playoffs, it benefits a team like this.
Good point. While Webber had a fantastic run in Nashville there was more than one postseason he seemed to run out of gas. Maybe with a supporting cast that's willing to do gritty stuff he's able keep up longer.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
the NHL success without STARS playoff code has already been cracked: mail it in as much as possible during the regular season, get ur ducks in order in April, and win the cup lol

There's also that competing theory...have ur goalie get hot and ride them as far as you can. It helps when you have incredibly talented goaltenders to start with.

Kraken hired Dave Hakstol as their head coach.

th

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
@Yankee151 is now 6 wins away from having the last major sport and last 2 minor sport shampships in the

Tompa Bay Gronkaneers
Tampa bay lightning
Tampa Book-Phoenix Suns

When the Tampa baY Deviled Rays (or Yankees based on screen name considerations) Win the least exciting of the 3 minor sports championships this fall he would have 4 in a row.

We will call This a yankee151 slam forever more.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm fairly sure nothing is worse for the NHL than the same team winning twice in a row and that team being Tampa fucking Bay. Literally nobody cares. 20k people in Tampa care and not a single person who isn't a complete nonce outside of that town want this team to win or care that they do.

This is like a Bengals Panthers super bowl.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I'm fairly sure nothing is worse for the NHL than the same team winning twice in a row and that team being Tampa fucking Bay. Literally nobody cares. 20k people in Tampa care and not a single person who isn't a complete nonce outside of that town want this team to win or care that they do.

This is like a Bengals Panthers super bowl.

This statement has declared me to be a complete nonce because I have never lived in Tampa bay.

I did order shots for a group of girls at an ybor city bar which led to my friend being saddled with 18 years of child support whilst on a party bus trip to the Tampa area.

Maybe this loose connection can downgrade me to partial nonce?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This statement has declared me to be a complete nonce because I have never lived in Tampa bay.

I did order shots for a group of girls at an ybor city bar which led to my friend being saddled with 18 years of child support whilst on a party bus trip to the Tampa area.

Maybe this loose connection can downgrade me to partial nonce?
You are an honorary Tampon for your intimate knowledge of the Jesuit vs. Astronaut paloff game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk