• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

NOT BUMS!
Oh hi.

tenor.gif

The sequence that led up to Duncan "Happy Birthday" Keith's goal was insane. The passing and awareness of where everyone on the ice as they were moving in the zone was crazy. I knew they were going to score eventually.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah that was really nice. Hyman was a great addition (didn't see that coming), and the Keith-Ceci pairing has been better than expected, although we'll see how they look in March and April. Still don't like Koskinen as a #1, though.

I knew Hyman would be a great addition. He was just overshadowed in Toronto, so he is easy to overlook. I'm also surprised that Keith and Cici are playing this well.

I agree with you about goaltending. I can't believe they did nothing to address that. Same goes for Pittsburgh.

8-0 for the Canes so far. Can't really complain. Really like the makeup of this team. Who knows what will happen, but they should be a force in the playoffs
That team is really firing on all cylinders. I was shocked about their off-season goaltending moves, but it would seem that management knew what they were doing.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Welp.

Adding Eichel's $10 million salary brings the Golden Knights to $78.74 million committed towards next season's $81.5 million salary cap with just 11 players under contract, per CapFriendly.

Forwards Reilly Smith and Mattias Janmark, along with defenceman Brayden McNabb are all slated for unrestricted free agency next summer, while seven players on their current NHL roster are slated for restricted free agency.

Eichel will become the 11th member of the Golden Knights carrying a cap hit of $5 million or more, his $10 million salary is the team's highest, ahead of Mark Stone ($9.5M AAV), Alex Pietrangelo ($8.8M AAV) and Max Pacioretty ($7 million AAV).

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Who do they think they are, Toronto?

I think Eichel is a tremendous talent, but injured Eichel is an enormous risk. I think these teams are crazy to give up so much on a gamble.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Who do they think they are, Toronto?

I think Eichel is a tremendous talent, but injured Eichel is an enormous risk. I think these teams are crazy to give up so much on a gamble.

They gave up Cody Glass to Nashville after Nashville took Nolan Patrick off Gritty's hands. Glass hasn't lit the world on fire in Nashville but at least he's healthy which is more than can be said about Patrick.

VGK's GM is going full dumb.

Tough to lose finally, but Florida is no joke. Nothing wrong with that.

Nice to see the Flyers eek out that win against the Caps. I'm up in the mountains for a tournament, so I only caught the box score and extended highlights.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Why are the Penguins always such ass in Chicago? The last time they held a lead in Chicago was in 2009. They're the only team ever to lose an outdoor game to the Blackhawks.

Wolfman21

Tough to lose finally, but Florida is no joke. Nothing wrong with that.

Nice to see the Flyers eek out that win against the Caps. I'm up in the mountains for a tournament, so I only caught the box score and extended highlights.

they bounced back by beating the Lightning in Tampa. They dominated the game even though they only won 2-1 in OT.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Edmonton's offense is so good, especially on the power play. FUN team to watch, even if you're not a fan. Shame the defense and goalies are going to sink them in the playoffs.

Wolfman21

Canes off to a great start to their West Coast trip. Beat Vegas 4-2 a few nights ago and ended the Ducks 8 game win streak tonight with a 2-1 win.