• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Looks like Kuemper to Washington is a safe bet. Edmonton still has a good shot at Campbell, as Toronto is talking to Ottawa about Matt Murray.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Caps are going to play with 6 skaters all season and never use a goalie.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Hey, it got Edmonton to the conference finals. They were swept by the eventual champs, but maybe that can happen for the Caps, too!

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Colorado gave Nichushkin 8 years and $49 million. Seems like a stretch unless the cap jumps up quite a bit in the next few years.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Colorado gave Nichushkin 8 years and $49 million. Seems like a stretch unless the cap jumps up quite a bit in the next few years.
even if it does go up, it seems like too much for a guy who's career 82 game average is 37 points. Giving an 8 year to a guy who had a career year doesn't seem prudent, but I guess that's why I'm sitting at home, and Chuck Fletcher is fucking around with my favorite team.

And how much is the cap going to go up? The TV rights package went from about 10M a team to just under 20M per team, but it was probably structured to have incremental increases, so probably a bunch of 1-2M increases to the cap over the course of the contract.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It's honestly so hard to be excited about these BUMS anymore with the way the team is managed. Fletcher is just the textbook definition of uninspiring.

Is that worse than Ken Holland getting fleeced in every trade he makes? Was mad that Edmonton promoted his son but Brad at least seems to rely on analytics more.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The fact that the biggest problems with the entire organization are at a level above Fletcher, is even more concerning

The ownership never wants to do a full teardown and rebuild. They are happy trying to contend to WC1 while thinking they are cup contender. They never develop talent. They always to try to short-term patch via free agency creating newer holes further downstream. Ownership is the true BUM

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
No argument there. I honestly think I'm just done watching them with any real interest. Watching the sport itself with no significant rooting interest is much less awful.
I love hockey as a whole and the fact that almost every game is available between TV and ESPN+ is fantastic, but I’m gonna need to pick up a western conference team to root for and the Coyotes aren’t gonna cut it.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I get that the league has been pushing for more offense since the canceled season but the NHL goalie situation is looking like its head corching situation. Same guys over and over.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Dear Chuck Fletcher,
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

sincerely,
Rutgers Mike