• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

32. Philadelphia Flyers 1.7
Last season: 75.3 ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

We’re just going to go through some of the best negative responses here. There were almost 600 of them. I think two “optimists” left actual comments. Apologies to them, but there’s no point. Also, a couple people wrote poems.

• Be serious.

• I have never been less optimistic for any team across any sport ever.

• I don’t have all day to write a novel about all of the reasons why I’m dreading this season, but a lot of them are subheadings of the broader topic “Chuck Fletcher has destroyed this franchise and is somehow still on their payroll.”

• I’d be more hopeful if I was watching a planet-killer asteroid hurtling towards me.

• I hate the Flyers and the Flyers hate me.

• I’m expecting an arch reading “Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here” being installed in front of the Wells Fargo Center this season.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
ESPN staff predictions

Too much hype for Edmonton IMO. Surely Campbell and Skinner will be better or at least more consistent than Smith and Koskinen but the defense is still shaky.

Then again, OU football sucks this season (basketball will probably be okay but not great), Liverpool sucks, and OKC will suck (process) so I'm kinda pinning all of my hopes on the Oilers this year. What could go wrong?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Like what were they thinking? That zoom in with actual board ads then zoom out to broadcast angle with digital ads just made my eyes shit hisself. They're breaking the sim.

I think Sanheim is the best overall defenseman on the team, but I don't get this deal at all. I can't believe they offered and I can't believe he wants to be there for that long.

digs

sun of nothing
Was hoping to get some yotes tickets this year, I never took advantage of the cheap prices when they were out on the west side, but for most games tickets start at $200 this year. Eat a bag of dicks. Looks like there are some options for the 2023 games for $140+